Patriots:
1980 vs. Browns, Falcons, Dolphins and Rams;
1981 vs. Colts (back to white pants);
1985 (except SB XX vs. Bears) & 1986 every home game (red pants);
1987 vs. Dolphins, Browns and Bills;
1988 (back to white pants) vs. Jets, Bills and Colts;
1990 (red pants) vs. Dolphins and I believe vs. Jets;
1994 vs. Packers (throwbacks);
2003-2007 they wore dishwater grey jerseys once or twice a year – ’03 vs. Cowboys & Dolphins; ’04 vs. Bengals; ’05 vs. Chargers; ’06 vs. Texans; ’07 vs. Bills;
2008 vs. Chiefs and Dolphins;
2010 vs. Bengals;
2011 vs. Cowboys
Why did they wear white at home for that two year stretch or was that a trend at the time? Best answer gets +1 integrity.

I'm trying to remember the "dishwater grey jerseys" myself.

Many here will not remember this, but it used to snow quite frequently in NE during football season, and the Pats saw this as a camouflage advantage.

Lol they were alright. I'm hoping we're finally getting a red jersey with the color rush.

Home teams get to choose what jerseys they want to wear. NE, like most teams early in the season when it can be hot, choose white often in September. Miami, unless they play at night, virtually always wear white at home.

With a white Pat Patriot helmet the white jersey was just the best color match, plus back then "Tide" was a corporate sponsor and they needed the dirty jerseys for advert-purposes (ok, the last part i made up ;) )

Home teams get to choose what jerseys they want to wear. NE, like most teams early in the season when it can be hot, choose white often in September. Miami, unless they play at night, virtually always wear white at home.
Yeah but it says every game in '85 & '86 not just early in the season. Curious as to why it was only those two seasons.

Yeah but it says every game in '85 & '86 not just early in the season. Curious as to why it was only those two seasons.
It's possible,that the home team choice wasn't in effect then. I don't know, either.

I believe we called them "Silver Jerseys"... sometimes the marketing geniuses @ NFL forget about the color integrity aspect of the game..

Then again it is all part of the grand conspiracy of the NFL to disparage the Patriots..

I believe we called them "Silver Jerseys"... sometimes the marketing geniuses @ NFL forget about the color integrity aspect of the game..

Then again it is all part of the grand conspiracy of the NFL to disparage the Patriots..
The silver jerseys I definitely remember.

The bit of literary freedom taken with the 'dishwater grey' description threw me off, considering those jerseys were relatively light in color - and not even close in the color spectrum to 'dishwater grey'.

I owned a silver jersey and I thought they were sharp looking in person, but they just didn't translate well over TV, even HDTV.

I owned a silver jersey and I thought they were sharp looking in person, but they just didn't translate well over TV, even HDTV.

Concur. I have a silver Welker jersey that I gave to my daughter. After he became a Bronco, I just couldn't bear to wear it anymore. :(

I'm still hoping to get a Hightower Alabama jersey some day. Twice now I've just missed autographed ones. Be nice to add a Cyrus Jones one too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes