PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
1. You can tell the first half all of the sacks and hits were getting to Brady, not his usual self at all. Good to see the o-line settle down there in the second half.

2. Hoping to see Ridley more and more down the road, you can tell he possesses that acceleration and speed BJGE just does not have. Kid has good vision and patience to let his blocks develop.

3. Seems like Mankins avoided a rather serious injury, I read in the Herald earlier he wanted to come back in the game but BB chose to play it safe by sitting him out, hopefully he and Light are back in action next week.

4. Welker and Gronk are awesome, they really were a two man wrecking crew far as pass catchers go.

5. That catch Branch had just before halftime was nice, but a bonehead play trying to cut it back in for extra yardage and not going out of bounds, extra play could have make the kick a bit easier.

6. The defense had an up and down day, gave up some big plays but also made play after play. If they could only play the way they do in the 1st half as they do in the 2nd, they would be awesome.

7. Mayo was probably the best player on the field today for the entire team, especially on defense, really starting to play like a true play maker.

8. Love watching Fletcher play, guys only going to get better the more and more he plays.

9. Whats going on with the run defense, surprisingly the defense seems somewhat soft up the gut.

10. DMC had an up and down day, what annoys me on those deep passes is he is right frekin there but turns just a hair to late to knock it down or make some sort of play on the ball. He does however seem to be playing the short to intermediate passes a lot better, if he could play with some consistency on those deep balls, he will be more then fine. Nice to see him get his first pick, could of had 2 on the day if Marshall does not make a great play and knock it down early in the game in the end zone.

11. Gotta give props to 44, man might not be an all that safety, but he does fight through injuries and stay on the field.

12. No better team of coaches and making second half adjustments.

13. FU Jets

14. Onto Buffalo....

Green Ellis seems to have turf toe. I wish they would have rested him and let it heal. He's lost explosiveness pretty badly.

The whole pats team needs to learn how to turn and look for the ball. Maybe they could have a signal to shout when to turn...ninkovich tackles moore when the ball was badly underthrown....3 pats were within a 10 yards of him all they had to do was shout "TURN" and he would have had an int, instead it's pass interference.

Green Ellis seems to have turf toe. I wish they would have rested him and let it heal. He's lost explosiveness pretty badly.

The whole pats team needs to learn how to turn and look for the ball. Maybe they could have a signal to shout when to turn...ninkovich tackles moore when the ball was badly underthrown....3 pats were within a 10 yards of him all they had to do was shout "TURN" and he would have had an int, instead it's pass interference.

If sideline players on your team yell 'turn around now' to a corner, would that be against the rules?

I am glad that we won, but I can't shake the feeling that Matt Moore threw the game. Holding onto the ball and taking those sacks just seemed fishy.

Also, I think that our offense would be more explosive if Branch just sat down. He is okay against the zone but he is just blanketed in man coverage. Even on the touchdown reception he had to improvise because the defender basically ran the route for him.

Lastly, Ihedibo(44) has to be one of the most annoying players I have seen in some time. If your hurt, let someone else play. He is missing alot of tackles because he is trying to avoid contact with his shoulder.

I am glad that we won, but I can't shake the feeling that Matt Moore threw the game. Holding onto the ball and taking those sacks just seemed fishy.

Also, I think that our offense would be more explosive if Branch just sat down. He is okay against the zone but he is just blanketed in man coverage. Even on the touchdown reception he had to improvise because the defender basically ran the route for him.

Lastly, Ihedibo(44) has to be one of the most annoying players I have seen in some time. If your hurt, let someone else play. He is missing alot of tackles because he is trying to avoid contact with his shoulder.

wow... pink hat central

yeah...Matt Moore was told to throw the game because...uh..because.... having a hard time fleshing out the conspiracy theory here..because...Ireland knows he made a mistake firing Sparano, and now to hire him back without looking like a world class dope in front of the fanbase, he wants to make the argument that Sparano would have led the Phins to victory today....nah..too thin....uh...how about they want to improve from 7th in the draft to 6th?? That way they can just miss out on Luck and say they gave it the ol' college try....nah...

how about that is just a nutty statement in a wacky post...?

Maybe it wasn't Moore throwing the game. I think there are more plausible explanations such as:
A) BB had a drone above the stadium controlled by his secret ops staff. They focused the drone's ultra low frequency sonic disruptor beam on Moore's head to cause his to momentarily be in a zombie like state.
B) This one is explained by watching the movie 'The Men Who Stare at Goats'.

I've watched a lot of sport. The bolded was simply not the case today.

1. You can tell the first half all of the sacks and hits were getting to Brady, not his usual self at all. Good to see the o-line settle down there in the second half.

2. Hoping to see Ridley more and more down the road, you can tell he possesses that acceleration and speed BJGE just does not have. Kid has good vision and patience to let his blocks develop.

8. Love watching Fletcher play, guys only going to get better the more and more he plays.

9. Whats going on with the run defense, surprisingly the defense seems somewhat soft up the gut.

10. DMC had an up and down day, what annoys me on those deep passes is he is right frekin there but turns just a hair to late to knock it down or make some sort of play on the ball. He does however seem to be playing the short to intermediate passes a lot better, if he could play with some consistency on those deep balls, he will be more then fine. Nice to see him get his first pick, could of had 2 on the day if Marshall does not make a great play and knock it down early in the game in the end zone.

On #1, no offense intended but I think fans expect TFB to be always perfect. There have been moments this season where he hasn't but what QB is always on target? Consider that not completing 1 out of every 3 passes is considered excellent. Further, I think TFB has received too much 'if you get to him, he will falter'. What QB is effective when the pass rush is knocking him around? If the OL keeps him upright most of the time, I think the odds are very good the offense will be effective (not a certainty but history says the odds are good).

On #2, agreed. I said it last week too, we need to get Riddley more touches and let this kid get a rhythm going. In 3 different games now he has shown the kind of moves that can turn good blocking into good gains and mediocre blocking into decent gains. The combination of Riddley and some select Woodhead carries appears to give the Patriots some quality rushing offense.
I hope BJGE is suffering from injury versus it simply being poor running. He is a Patriots kind of player and I always like to see those guys succeed.

on #8, I was thinking along similar lines. Fletcher has been out so long he has got to be rusty. Hopefully by the end of the Buff game he is back on track. Fletcher on the field appears to be a real plus for the defense.

On #9, this one is starting to concern me, maybe as much as anything. The combination of good run D and a potent offense is our rock. If the run D's performance is on a faltering path, we are in big big trouble. Let's hope Bush had our number versus this becoming a trend.

on #10, I know a lot are down on DMC's performance in this game. I am going to take a more positive view and say some of the things I am seeing has me cautiously optimistic that he is close to returning to somewhat of his former self (a very qualified statement unfortunately).

Fletcher's timing on his blitzes were as perfect as they can be! Hitting a QB as he hands a ball off, I only see that on Madden!

He was just unlucky not to have a sack, but Moore managed to get out!

Dane is shooting up my favourite players list!

Good points to the guy who started this thread.

I don't think the defense is going to play as poorly in the playoffs as they have this season. Dane Fletcher is better as a LBer than Guyton. The coaches clearly see that.

Deaderick and Cannon look the real deal, great draft pickups.

Gronk and Welker? What more can one say?

I was very disappointed in McCourty in the fourth when the Fish were at third down and ten. He let Marshall get behind him as he watched the QB, as if it were another play. I know that what he's been instructed to do. But late in the game when the team has a long way to go to score being ten down, play a little smarter.

It's a good thing McCourty is a good athlete and is mentally tough. But I feel for him. I think more than anything his confidence is suffering. If we could make him the second corner, his future would be much brighter.

What a stud Solder is! If Cannon progresses as much as I think he will, and Solder continues to shine, Vollmer must be getting worried. It's not a good time to not be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes