Randall to be a Gay Saint??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratoath

On the Roster
Reaction score
meeting with new orleans

the next jason david?

I know we all love to crap on players who sign elsewhere, but Gay is a better player than Jason David.

I know we all love to crap on players who sign elsewhere, but Gay is a better player than Jason David.

Remember that fumble he caused in the first game of the season? THAT'S his hightlight reel.
Yup...that's it.:D

What that would make him is the consolation prize in the Asante Samuel sweepstakes. It's like thinking you won a million dolars and finding out you were 1 number shy and won $100K.

I did hear someone opine this AM that it's odd that all the rumored interest in Patriot corners from the HC of the NYJ apparently never materialized, perhaps because he only wanted them at a price and he knows they are overvalued in this market.

At this point, I'd like to have him back since he knows the system. Plus I'd also like to get a good rookie and a veteran to help them all out.

I think the Pats would like to have had him back, BUT..not at an overinflated price..and I THINK that is what is happening..

No big deal ... he's just a JAG ... according to some enlightened Fans here. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter that PATs lose two CBs who know their system very well and
their other starter who may not be 100% due to injuries.

PATs just role on and ALWAYS find replacements. ( almost always anyway )

He will be another Tebucky Jones for them, remember they paid big bucks for him then cut him a couple of years later.

No big deal ... he's just a JAG ... according to some enlightened Fans here. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter that PATs lose two CBs who know their system very well and
their other starter who may not be 100% due to injuries.

PATs just role on and ALWAYS find replacements. ( almost always anyway )

I'm sure you will be the only person bummed that Gay is gone because he is just such a phenomenal talent. The Patriots will find someone better and cheaper through the draft/free agency. Gay can join Jason David as one of the worst cornerbacks in the NFL.

As opposed to the enlightened fan who thinks Gay is Champ Bailey?

Seriously, JR4 thinks that losing Gay is a signifigant blow. He compared him to that Raiders cornerback that I don't feel like spelling his name.

hey crime .... Show me once where I even remotely suggested that
he was a #1 CB ... even once .... you're blowing smoke.
Gay was good depth for the PATs who knew our system well
something I guess you don't think the PATs need.

Seriously, JR4 thinks that losing Gay is a signifigant blow. He compared him to that Raiders cornerback that I don't feel like spelling his name.

I showed that the stats were comparable and Gay wasn't a starter but I
did not infer GAY was a #1 CB .... get it straight.

Last edited:
I showed that the stats were comparable and Gay wasn't a starter but I
did not infer GAY was a #1 CB .... get it straight.

Hopefully you read my response to those stats you put up. You will learn why the Raiders CB didn't have many tackles, int and pass breakups.

One would think he's worth more here than on other teams. If somebody overpays for him, that's a pity.

I was projecting him to return.

Happiest guy if Gay goes elsewhere should be Chad Scott. His chances of staying go up a lot in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes