PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randall Gay offered $1.3 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is, at worse, adds young, experienced depth to our secondary that was sorely missed in the playoffs last year. This is someone who is cheap money and who has come up big when called upon. Lastly this gives the Pats a core of three good, young cb's in Samuel, Gay, and Hobbs.

Hasn't he also played some safety at times?

As others have said, no brainer.

I glad that we tendered him. Now with that extra cash, he might be able to buy an "e" stick on his last name.

Originally Posted by Digger44
Does anyone else find themselves hoping someone signs him to an offer so we can have a 2nd round pick? I doubt that will happen, and think he was tendered that high because BB wants him.

Wow, so you think that he was tendered high because Belichick wants him? :rolleyes:

for someone who so often likes to make fun of other posters he is suddenly quiet.

Last edited:
patsfans rule #493 ... never take on another poster using the wrong word. :D

Sucks when spell check doesn't catch your mistakes because your mistake is a real word, LOL.

Happens to me all the time thus the quick edits. :bricks:

Sucks when spell check doesn't catch your mistakes because your mistake is a real word, LOL.

Happens to me all the time thus the quick edits. :bricks:

ahh... the art of the quick edit.

I deleted my quote for ya since you changed it. :D LOL

Good move by the Pats I just hope Gay can stay healthy and have a good year.

Last edited:
2nd-round tender for Gay

"The New England Patriots’ first move of the day was to offer cornerback Randall Gay a $1.3-million tender. Gay, one of four restricted free agents the Pats had on their roster, has struggled with injuries over the last two seasons — he played the first three games of the year before being placed on season-ending injured reserve with a hamstring injury — but was a starter for New England in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

The tender means that another team can make a better offer to Gay, but if the Patriots do not match the deal within seven days, New England would receive a second-round draft pick as compensation."

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_pats02_03-02-07_7N4LJST.33b3e06.html

Arghh, didn't realize this would already be pushed down to the end of page 2, sorry!
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51540

Last edited:
Bump.

Arghh... didn't cross my mind this would already be on the bottom of page 2!

Great news.

Good signing. Gay plays a little soft for my liking, allowing too much underneath stuff, but he's good at the deep coverage and does not get beat long. A good fit in the BB bend-but-don't-break scheme. Now let's hope he stays healthy.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back