PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randall Gay Misquoted "Bills should be embarrassed to pick up their checks"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Apparently Randall Gay said this on ESPN Radio late last night. ESPN (mike and mike)is running with it as a story to enhance the arrogance of the Patriots, not good! Why would Gay say that?

Recently both he and Vrabel have said Non Patriot things. First Vrabel calling the 72' Fins washed up and now Gay telling a division opponent they should be embarrassed.

What the hell are these guys doing? Are they starting to crack under the constant pressure, under the constant barrage of hate?

Last edited:
Re: Randall Gay "Bills should be embarrassed to pick up their checks"!

Apparently Randall Gay said this on ESPN Radio. ESPN is running with it, not good!

Yeah, they leftout the fact that he was responding to a specific Bills player who was getting on the Patriots for scoring to manny points.

Typical ESPN half truth.

I just did to ESPN what I did to PFT.

I switched it off.

Apparently Randall Gay said this on ESPN Radio late last night. ESPN (mike and mike)is running with it as a story to enhance the arrogance of the Patriots, not good! Why would Gay say that?

Arrogant Gay on ESPN radio. Tells Bill he should be embarrased!!!

(aka, lets play telephone)

Yeah, they leftout the fact that he was responding to a specific Bills player who was getting on the Patriots for scoring to manny points.

Typical ESPN half truth.

I just did to ESPN what I did to PFT.

I switched it off.

They never mentioned a thing about the Bills Player quote.

I dunno...maybe the fan base is cracking too...stop listening to Mike and Mike - it's like reading that tabloid crap!!!!

If a nickle back actually said something Bill thinks is out of line, he will deal with it.

Honestly, don't believe anything you hear on ESPN. EVERYTHING they do is calculated and spun for the best/most shocking story. They consciously and deliberately take things out of context or paraphrase rather than quote so that they can warp things to their will.

It's sad, but true. You'd like to be able to trust the dominant name in sports media but you really can't. They stopped reporting and started creating stories awhile ago.

He did NOT point to the Bills in the clip I heard. He was referring to whining opponents in general. I hope your not misquoting here.

Actually, Mike and Mike do not agree with the media's "running up the score" sentiment. They have said many times they have no problems with the Patriots playing 60. Get your facts straight.

Last edited:

He did NOT point to the Bills in the clip I heard. He was referring to whining opponents in general. I hope your not misquoting here.

Actually, Mike and Mike do not agree with the media's "running up the score" sentiment. They have said many times they have no problems with the Patriots playing 60.

Someone neds to email this to Mike & Mike then and point out it's a response to "running up the score" whining in general, not to the Bills specifically.

Someone neds to email this to Mike & Mike then and point out it's a response to "running up the score" whining in general, not to the Bills specifically.

I heard that clip this morning.
(1) Gay didn't mention the Bills in his quote. He was talking about D players in general.
(2) I didn't hear them suggest Gay was calling out the Bills, either. And, frankly, they agreed with him.

i heard these messages were directed towards Tony Dungy, the greatest human being in the history of the universe.

Can we please stop trying to hold these players up to some standard that the media and fans have set. So now a Patriots player can't say anything that can be construed as "arrogant". These are football players not saints, if one of them mouths off who cares as long as it doesn't cost the team anything.

i just hate ESPN trying to create news.just typical of them.

Recently both he and Vrabel have said Non Patriot things. First Vrabel calling the 72' Fins washed up and now Gay telling a division opponent they should be embarrassed.

What the hell are these guys doing? Are they starting to crack under the constant pressure, under the constant barrage of hate?

I heard it, it was a generalization and he never mentioned the Bills, or a specific Bills player. He was asked (unprofessionally I might add), if he was embarrassed by HIS team putting up so many points and "running up the score". He quipped "No, I'd be more embarrassed to collect a paycheck for allowing that many points to be scored against me (that a paraphrased account). It was a retort, to a LOADED question.

It was a typical SHYTY mediot question and I had no problem with his answer. What was he supposed to say...... Ummm, yeah I am.

............. and for the record, the Bills defense SHOULD be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed to take money from the fans this week. That was a PATHETIC display and I would be pissed if the Patriot were to, once again {yes, I was a fan early 90', pre-Kraft days}, revert to that OLD form and just roll over and play dead against an opponent. The BILLS defense did EXACTLY that.

Last edited:

Actually, Mike and Mike enjoyed Randall Gay's quote. Like I said, they have no problems with the way the Pats have been finishing games.

As I have mentioned, I don't remember a Bill being mentioned on their show or even in the clip. Also, if Gay was responding to a specific player, I think Golic would have a problem with it seeing that it would pertain to a player's livelihood.

The "running up" question is being brought up again after the Bills game. My interpretation is that he was answering the question in regards to people who hold this position. For example, Jason Smith.

I'm wondering if the original poster is hearing it ALL wrong. And, if the the title of this thread should have quotes in it.

Re: R. Gay Misquoted By ESPN Radio "Bills should be embarrassed to pick up their chec

I just fixed that thread title for ya, Drewwho.

Re: R. Gay Misquoted By ESPN Radio "Bills should be embarrassed to pick up their chec

I just fixed that thread title for ya, Drewwho.

Actually, It's Drewwho who is misquoting. Not ESPN. They are just running an audio clip. One that I enjoyed until this FUBAR thread

Last edited:

I heard it, it was a generalization and he never mentioned the Bills, or a specific Bills player. He was asked (unprofessionally I might add), if he was embarrassed by HIS team putting up so many points and "running up the score". He quipped "No, I'd be more embarrassed to collect a paycheck for allowing that many points to be scored against me (that a paraphrased account). It was a retort, to a LOADED question.

It was a typical SHYTY mediot question and I had no problem with his answer. What was he supposed to say...... Ummm, yeah I am.

............. and for the record, the Bills defense SHOULD be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed to take money from the fans this week. That was a PATHETIC display and I would be pissed if the Patriot were to, once again {yes, I was a fan early 90', pre-Kraft days}, revert to that OLD form and just roll over and play dead against an opponent. The BILLS defense did EXACTLY that.

Yeah, but those fans were the ones who were calling us names for not going easy on the Bills. Even John Madden sounded astonished that the fans were booing US and not cheering their own team to make a defensive stop. I mean, there were 7 minutes or so left in the 3rd quarter at that point!

It's just incredible they expected us to roll over at halftime. It's like the fans don't even remember that huge comeback their own team had from 35-3 back in the day.

Last edited:
The media is funny. When Gay says it he is being arrogant. When Shannon Sharpe is the middle of the game pretending to call the President to bring in the national guards to help the Pats because they are getting killed, the media thinks it is hysterical. :rolleyes:

Honestly, don't believe anything you hear on ESPN. EVERYTHING they do is calculated and spun for the best/most shocking story. They consciously and deliberately take things out of context or paraphrase rather than quote so that they can warp things to their will.

It's sad, but true. You'd like to be able to trust the dominant name in sports media but you really can't. They stopped reporting and started creating stories awhile ago.

All media, even small town media, is this way. It's entertainment, not facts. Even watch Fox News or CNN? I did once. Never will again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back