Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rand Paul: Obama's criticism of BP 'un-American'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, May 21, 2010.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I respected rand paul, i may not have agreed with some things but i use to respect him for sticking to his principles. But after this comment i have to re-assess what i think of him. BP has is responsible for one of the worst oil spills and Obama and his adm. are trying to hold them to task because its been shown over the last few days they can't be trusted, and for Rand Paul to say its UN-AMERICAN to hold them responsible or criticise them is pure B.S.... its disgusting and outrageous, hes not going very far politically from what i've seen and heard.

Rand Paul: Obama's criticism of BP 'un-American' - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – Kentucky's Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul criticized President Barack Obama's handling of the Gulf oil spill Friday as putting "his boot heel on the throat of BP" and "really un-American."

Paul's defense of the oil company came during an interview in which he tried to explain his controversial take on civil rights law, an issue that has overtaken his campaign since his victory in Tuesday's GOP primary.

"What I don't like from the president's administration is this sort of, 'I'll put my boot heel on the throat of BP,'" Rand said in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America." "I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business....." Rand Paul

"And I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be somebody's fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen," Paul said.

Yeah accidents happen, but over the last month its come out that BP knew what they were doing had a high potential for failure i.e. reconfiguring the blow out protector, cutting corners on sealing the well against the advice of Transocean, and knowing that tests showed that the potential for a gas explosion were very high.
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +495 / 6 / -7

Not that there's anything wrong with those remarks, but they were made by Salazar, not Obama.

Rand Paul is clearly not ready for prime time.
  3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I didn't read any remarks from anyone other than Paul, but your dead right some of the stuff hes coming out with clearly shows hes not ready ....at all.
  4. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

God forbid he didn't spend years toiling in lobbyist money perfecting his pitch to America in order to steal money from the people.

Give the man a break.
  5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +495 / 6 / -7

I mean the "boot on the neck" quote is from Salazar, not Obama.
  6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

You mean give him a break so he can get his talking points together so he can lie more effectively. Right now hes saying what he really believes, give him a little more time and a few handlers and he'll know not to say what he really thinks but rather what he feels people want to hear.
  7. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No...:confused:

He's against government interference, which means that we people should place blame with where we spend our money. All the government should do is ensure BP cleans up the mess, and pays for the clean up, but to go beyond that and ensure we drain a company for all it's profits is not American.
  8. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +495 / 6 / -7

I'm pretty sure what Salazar was saying is that the administration is not going to let BP shirk their obligations, not that they were going to "drain the company for all its profits."

Given what we've seen in the conduct of BP during this catastrophe and Exxon during Valdez, I'd say constant and unrelenting pressure is warranted.
  9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

How about the gov. making sure that BP and or anybody else cleans up their mess. When this first happened i thought it was just a series of misfortunate accidents, but over the last couple of weeks its come out that the fault lies with BP. The only reason the outrage hasn't been greater is that the oil has pretty much stayed out to sea. If it hit land the sh!t would have hit the fan. So the government has every right to push BP and demand that they take responsablity no matter what the cost. So far this is costing BP about a weeks worth of profits, they buying and using the dispersant that they make even though there are much more effective ones out there that are less toxic, the gov. has just told them they need to use another less toxic more effective one. This just shows that BP can't be left to their own devices they're more concerned about profit than stopping the leak and cleaning up the mess.
  10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope the oil leak doesn't get stoped, I hope it keeps going and going, and destroys everything.

Only way ppl learn, funny after 9/11 could not go around a block without seeing a Flag, almost 10 years later and I can't find a flag to save my life.

USA is made up of a bunch of fake,spolied,cowards.....funny thing is we are one of the better places to live and raise your family in the world, what does that tell you about the rest of the world?

We need to lead by example here and we need to understand that we have to take risks and somthings might not make sence at the time but in Hindsight they will.

Great leaders don't take the ppl where they want to go, they take them where the ought to be.
  11. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +803 / 4 / -5

#75 Jersey

.....that rotten places to live are populated by honest, unspoiled, courageous people????

Help me out, work with me, babe.
  12. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Rand Paul....

One thing is for sure, you might wanna STFU for a week or nine. You ain't doin yourself any favors.