PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ramses Barden WR Cal-Poly - decent mid round prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Listening to this young player on NFL Sirius radio today,he seems like he is smart and confident and could be a sleeper in the draft at WR

6'6 228 Lbs and comes from a small school

Since its about 99.9% that we draft a WR,Preferably in the mid/late rounds after the defense has been addressed,Has anyone seen Ramses play? - Is he a Patriot type player?

Maybe as a 3rd rounder? - could he go higher?

Last edited:
To me, he is a local guy. Played up at Cal Poly SLO, which is an hour away from me (since I moved from San Diego). He interviews well, plays with maturity and has great agility for his size. Seeing him play is kind of like watching an NBA D-league player playing in a recreational league; he makes it look so easy. Unfortunately he isn't very quick and will likely have problems seperating from corners. I am holding out hope that he could be the next Vincent Jackson though.

I heard the kids today too. He sounded like a guy who "gets it". Size seems good not sure what his 40 speed is?

Poor man's P Burris without the criminal instincts, ;)

I see him as a possible third rounder If he's still around. I still beleive we needd to get a future number one.

Ramses Barden worked out extremely well at his Pro Day, running an unofficial 4.4. He improved his stock after a mediocre Combine. Thanks to his impressive size, Ramses Barden had 67 receptions, 1,257 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior.

Strengths: Size, strength, hands, athletic ability, jumping ability

Weakness: Speed, level of competition,
route running

NFL Comparison: Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints

Maybe a guy Randy Moss can help just like Chris Carter did for him??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back