PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams willing to deal No. 2 draft spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports with the NFL draft less than three weeks away, general manager Billy Devaney says the phone lines are open at Rams Park. In other words, the team is willing to listen to any trade proposals from clubs interested in moving up to the Rams’ No. 2 overall spot.

“Yeah, in the position we’re in, we’ll consider everything,” Devaney said. “It’s a little early. We kind of play with scenarios in our mind right now. But we haven’t gotten down to the nitty-gritty, if you will, to say: ‘OK, how far back would we trade?’ “

With the Rams in a rebuilding mode, this is a good year to stockpile extra picks. However, finding someone willing to move up to No. 2 — where the player will get a potential contract of $50 million-plus — is another matter.

I think the NFL needs to have some kind of salary range for these picks. The $$ these unproven players are getting is a bit out of hand imo. Nobody can afford the top few picks.

I can not see anyone being interested, unless Detroit passes on Safford.

I like Curry but not that much. I hope it is not us that saves that franchise by giving them our draft.

Does anyone have the Rams number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey