PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams release leading tackler LB Pisa Tinoisamoa - A must for a Pats looksie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rams cut him because he was too small for their one gap 4-3.

I fail to see why he is even a consideration for the Patriots. We already have a Tank Wiiliams who is bigger than Pisa.;)

from the bio on patriots.com

Career Highlights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career GP/GS: 198/176 (6/6)

Phifer is the Patriots’ leading tackler since joining the team prior to the 2001 season. In his three years in New England, Phifer has amassed 334 tackles, ranking him first on the team ahead of Tedy Bruschi (275) and Ty Law (224) over that time span.

Phifer has recorded 1,249 tackles (890 solos), including 27.5 sacks, and registered 18 forced fumbles, with seven fumble recoveries during his 13-year playing career.

NFL.com stats don't agree with the statement on the Patriots' site.

Pfifer 337 total tackles during that time period. Roman Phifer: Career Stats
Bruschi 394 total tackles. Tedy Bruschi: Career Stats

We are getting sidetracked from the discussion...sorry about that.

Last edited:
Didn't the Pats make an offer to Zack Thomas last year ? Thomas is no bigger than this guy.

Chances are the long term solution for the Pats linebacking needs is not on the street now and will not be on the street before this season starts.

Is this guy an upgrade over Alexander or someone else at the botton of the depth chart ? I have never thought Alexander was all that big or looked good holding the point of attack or taking on guards, but I am certainly no scout. I am sure the Pats are looking at tape on this guy just like they look at everyone who is available. I would also guess they look how well this guy performs on special teams, which is what you need to replace immediately if you cut Alexander or someone else for this guy.

I also expect they need to find out if he is willing to play for the Pats knowing he will be a backup in exchange for a shot at a ring. Most importanly you need to find out if he will play for the dollars the Pats think he is worth. If the Pats know the money won't work, then there is no point seriously looking at him. I am sure Pisa's agent is trying to gage the market for this player right now.

In the end, I think his skills are probably more valuable to other teams and he goes elsewhere because he can get more money to play in different systems that values his skills more. But, I disagree with those who think it is ignorant to believe this guy could not be an upgrade at the bottom of the depth chart simply because his size and percieved skills.

Last edited:
Didn't the Pats make an offer to Zack Thomas last year ? Thomas is no bigger than this guy.

Chances are the long term solution for the Pats linebacking needs is not on the street now and will not be on the street before this season starts.

Is this guy an upgrade over Alexander or someone else at the botton of the depth chart ? I have never thought Alexander was all that big or looked good holding the point of attack or taking on guards, but I am certainly no scout. I am sure the Pats are looking at tape on this guy just like they look at everyone who is available. I would also guess they look how well this guy performs on special teams, which is what you need to replace immediately if you cut Alexander or someone else for this guy.

I also expect they need to find out if he is willing to play for the Pats knowing he will be a backup in exchange for a shot at a ring. Most importanly you need to find out if he will play for the dollars the Pats think he is worth. If the Pats know the money won't work, then there is no point seriously looking at him. I am sure Pisa's agent is trying to gage the market for this player right now.

In the end, I think his skills are probably more valuable to other teams and he goes elsewhere because he can get more money to play in different systems that values his skills more. But, I disagree with those who think it is ignorant to believe this guy could not be an upgrade at the bottom of the depth chart simply because his size and percieved skills.

You're saying Thomas is only 225?

You're saying Thomas is only 225?

Thomas is listed on the KC website at - 5'11" 242 lb

Tinoisamoa is listed on the Rams website at - 6'1" 240 lb

The team website typically add size and probably neither guy is as big as listed on those pages.

A quick google shows shows Reiss listed Thomas at 5'11" 228 lb last year. I think my premise that Thomas and Tinoisamoa are about the same size is reasonably accurate.

Zach Thomas to visit Pats - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Both players are undersized for the Pats system and many thought Thomas was not a fit with the Pats because he was to small. But my memory is that the Pats made Thomas an offer that Thomas eventually turned down because he did not want to play against Miami. I don't think Pisa is the player Thomas was, but I think the offer shows that BB will sign a smaller player if he thinks he is better than what he already has on the roster.

Last edited:
sign him for training camp and see if he makes the roster. he may be undersized but shows he can take people down. what do we have to lose? give him vet min and see if he can understand the system!

In 2001 he started all 16 games, and was quite possibly our defensive MVP.
He was equally as good in 2002, and when we moved to the 3-4 in 2003, he took on a lesser role.
Apparently you are a new fan??

IMO, Phyfer would have had about 100 fewer career tackles with the Pats if TJ had not been out with biceps injuries. But then, you never did think TJ was mch more than a JAG, did you?

Thomas is listed on the KC website at - 5'11" 242 lb

Tinoisamoa is listed on the Rams website at - 6'1" 240 lb

The team website typically add size and probably neither guy is as big as listed on those pages.

A quick google shows shows Reiss listed Thomas at 5'11" 228 lb last year. I think my premise that Thomas and Tinoisamoa are about the same size is reasonably accurate.

Zach Thomas to visit Pats - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Both players are undersized for the Pats system and many thought Thomas was not a fit with the Pats because he was to small. But my memory is that the Pats made Thomas an offer that Thomas eventually turned down because he did not want to play against Miami. I don't think Pisa is the player Thomas was, but I think the offer shows that BB will sign a smaller player if he thinks he is better than what he already has on the roster.

I've played basketball with Thomas in the past. I'm sure that he was less than 240 at the time. I wouldn't have put him down at 225, though. 230-235 seems about right. But he was about 50 times the player that Tinoisamoa will ever be. If this team wants an undersized linebacker for situational football, Derrick Brooks is still available.

I've played basketball with Thomas in the past. I'm sure that he was less than 240 at the time. I wouldn't have put him down at 225, though. 230-235 seems about right. But he was about 50 times the player that Tinoisamoa will ever be. If this team wants an undersized linebacker for situational football, Derrick Brooks is still available.
its about tackling man hes a machine , why did bilichick want to sign thomas last year? because he makes plays the wieght is irrelevant you wannabee general managers /scounts

Troll feeding occurs twice daily.
Please do not taunt the trolls.
Keep hands and fingers away from the keyboard.

do they announce the weight when some tackles someone?? its not important people dont evaluate on a few pounds, roo the tape and thats when you find a player and piso is a player

do they announce the weight when some tackles someone?? its not important people dont evaluate on a few pounds, roo the tape and thats when you find a player and piso is a player

boxxy-trolling.jpg

Deus Irae,

How is he trolling? If the guy can make things happen on the field why get caught up in his measurements?

Deus Irae,

How is he trolling? If the guy can make things happen on the field why get caught up in his measurements?
usaully when hes stumped or doesnt have a answer, he does the troll thing, that just the way he is

I will say it again ...

LBs - BRUSCHI - ZACH THOMAS - MIKE SINGLETARY - RAY LEWIS

These 4 LBs are among many others that will go down as some of the best LBs in the history of the NFL - Just because Pisa is not all that big does not mean he will not go down as a superb and possible HOF type player

Don't tell me that any of you guys saw any of those 4 players mentioned above as HOF players when they were in the league for only a few years - They have proven many people wrong saying they were too small and not big enough to play and Pisa certainly has the credentials to do the same if he can continue his fine career thus far

Some players have hearts and desire bigger than their bodies - The 4 mentioned certainly did and none of them could be considered a GIANT by anyone in the NFL but showed size does not always matter.

Last edited:
Deus Irae,

He's got 6 posts. Take the time to read them all.

Ok, I read them all and he doesn't seem like a troll to me.

Suppose he is a troll, that doesn't make him incorrect on this point. There is no substitute for play on the field, people have said Drew Brees wouldn't be a successful QB because he's too short at 6ft tall, people also said the same thing about Doug Flutie at 5'7-5'8, but it seems they've both made things happen on the field.

Shannon Sharpe was drafted in the 7th round because his height/weight didn't quite for the mold of what people thought a receiver or tight end should be, but he made things happen.

I don't know a heck of a lot about Tinoisamoa but considering we're a little thin at linebacker I'd be all for having him over for a work out.

So you think Brushi will in the pro football hall of fame? Cos thats where the over 3 will be (or are). As good as bruschi was he's not at that level.

Back on topic, Pisa is too small for a 3-4

I will say it again ...

These 4 LBs are among many others that will go down as some of the best LBs in the history of the NFL - Just because Pisa is not all that big does not mean he will not go down as a superb and possible HOF type player

If any of those four players were released after their 6th season, teams would have been crawling over each other to sign them. That doesn't seem to be happening to PT. In fact, it appears that the Rams couldn't even garner a draft pick in trade and were forced to release him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back