PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams release leading tackler LB Pisa Tinoisamoa - A must for a Pats looksie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he might be too small, but you never know.

I think he might be too small, but you never know.

So were a few guys that were small that I remember ...

Mike Singletary
Tedy Bruschi
Zach Thomas

And a few more if I really thought about it ...

6-1, 240.

Pretty much the same size as Mayo and Bruschi.

I doubt that we'd go after him and Jason Taylor. Do we even have the money for that?

I think you are overstating his value. Scout Inc. take on him makes him sound like a bad fit for the Pats' 3-4 two gap style:

He plays with very good lateral quickness and can change directions quickly. He has speed to the sideline with burst to close. He lacks overall strength to play stout, but can be aggressive on entry into blocks. He will stay stuck too long at times and lose ground working to escape. He still enters into some lead block contact with his shoulder first. He has good balance, but will get bounced. He is quick enough to sidestep or elude contact on his path to the ball. He has range and can close quickly from the backside to make plays. He usually provides good wrap on tackles and has some pop to him when he squares up. In coverage, he has good awareness. He'll stay on the field when the Rams go to nickel personnel. He is aggressive with his reads and will bite occasionally on play-action. He moves well in space, changes direction quickly and can recover from false steps. His overall reactions are adequate. He can close quickly after making reads. He is a productive player with good speed and range, when healthy.

Pisa Tinoisamoa Stats, News, Photos - St. Louis Rams - ESPN

If he really has a weakness at shedding blocks, he is not a good fit for the Pats. An ILB for the a two-gap 3-4 MUST be able to shed blocks and take on guards. Based on this one review, it looks to be his biggest weakness.

6-1, 240.

Pretty much the same size as Mayo and Bruschi.

I doubt that we'd go after him and Jason Taylor. Do we even have the money for that?

A 35 year old future HOFer vs. a 6 year veteran who is a monster as a tackle

Hmmm Tough chioce but I go with the younger player

Pisa's previous resume says he would be an excellent addition to this defense...if he can handle this complex defense that is - Do the Rams run a 4-3 or a 3-4?

So were a few guys that were small that I remember ...

Mike Singletary
Tedy Bruschi
Zach Thomas

And a few more if I really thought about it ...

Bruschi is listed at 247, Tinoisamoa at 235. The other two are either in the Hall-of-Fame or on the borderline. Tinoisamoa just got cut while in his prime by one of the worst teams in the league. You should stop posting.

Last edited:
Bruschi is listed at 247, Tinoisamoa at 235. The other two are either in the Hall-of-Fame or on the borderline. Tinoisamoa just got cut while in his prime by one of the worst teams in the league. You should stop posting.

Hey professor . . Didn't Bodden get released months ago by the 0-16 Lions and we signed him ..Think before YOU post

A 35 year old future HOFer vs. a 6 year veteran who is a monster as a tackle

Hmmm Tough chioce but I go with the younger player

Pisa's previous resume says he would be an excellent addition to this defense...if he can handle this complex defense that is - Do the Rams run a 4-3 or a 3-4?

Let's not get too hung up on tackles. The Rams had a bad defense last year an a lot of those tackles may be down the field and far less impressive if that is the case. One stat that scares me about the guy is he has zero tackles for losses for his career (Mayo had 5 last year). That is more damning to me than the number of tackles appease me.

Also, according to both NFL.com and ESPN, he only had 104 tackles last year and it was the only year of his career that he had over 100. I don't see this guy as a monster of a tackler based on what I can see. I didn't watch many Rams games in recent years, but his stats tell me he is more of a role player if anything.

Last edited:
Let's not get too hung up on tackles. The Rams had a bad defense last year an a lot of those tackles may be down the field and far less impressive if that is the case. One stat that scares me about the guy is he has zero tackles for losses for his career. That is more damning to me than the number of tackles appease me.

Also, according to both NFL.com and ESPN, he only had 104 tackles last year and it was the only year of his career that he had over 100. I don't see this guy as a monster of a tackler based on what I can see. I didn't watch many Rams games in recent years, but his stats tell me he is more of a role player if anything.

I am not saying go right out and sign this guy but at least have a look at a player who is better than average and at a position we can add depth IF he fits this system o.k.

Hey professor . . Didn't Bodden get released months ago by the 0-16 Lions and we signed him ..Think before YOU post

Bodden who is the reincarnation of Night Train Lane, Deion Sanders, and Ty Law, right?

Basically from what I can tell of the guy, he might be a decent rotational guy for passing downs. He clearly doesn't look like a guy you want in there on running downs. I don't know if the Pats need another LB for nickel and dime packages and usually like guys who are strong on running downs. His lack of tackles and tackles for losses, tell me that he isn't a good fit.

Last edited:
Bodden who is the reincarnation of Night Train Lane, Deion Sanders, and Ty Law, right?

Personally I think BB was crazy to sign a guy from an 0-16 team and Bodden is this years version of Duane Starks but my point was that you said that Pisa was dumb to look at since his former team who released him was one of the worst in the league but if you had any football knowledge you would have known that we signed Bodden and he WAS on the WORST team in the league ...do you get my drift? or do you need further explaining?

Basically from what I can tell of the guy, he might be a decent rotational guy for passing downs. He clearly doesn't look like a guy you want in there on running downs. I don't know if the Pats need another LB for nickel and dime packages and usually like guys who are strong on running downs. His lack of tackles and tackles for losses, tell me that he isn't a good fit.

I think if BB has his sights set on signing Taylor then forget this guy but if he looks at him then maybe he sees something for adding depth

I do know one thing - Pisa will not be out of work for long so whoever wants to take a look at him will do so,probably by the end of this weekend.

Personally I think BB was crazy to sign a guy from an 0-16 team and Bodden is this years version of Duane Starks but my point was that you said that Pisa was dumb to look at since his former team who released him was one of the worst in the league but if you had any football knowledge you would have known that we signed Bodden and he WAS on the WORST team in the league ...do you get my drift? or do you need further explaining?

Bodden isnt a bad player, i agree with you. The reason why the lions sucked was because they had no chemistry. Bodden excelled in Crennels system and he will excell in the Patriots defensive system.

I am not saying go right out and sign this guy but at least have a look at a player who is better than average and at a position we can add depth IF he fits this system o.k.

I'm not sold he is better than average. Scout Inc. grades him at a 66 which is an average starter grade. From what I have read he might even be worse in a two gap 3-4 system since he can't shed blocks.

Unless he comes here for the veteran minimum, I really don't see taking a shot at the guy. I am not convinced he would even make the final 53 man roster at that point.

Bodden isnt a bad player, i agree with you. The reason why the lions sucked was because they had no chemistry. Bodden excelled in Crennels system and he will excell in the Patriots defensive system.

When you sign a player who was on a team that was 32nd in pass defense(which I believe the lions were ranked in 2008) it shows me that bad chemistry or not, that this is a risky signing and Bodden has a lot to prove that his best days in Cleveland were not his last.

I have more confidence that Butler will eventually take over Bodden's spot as the season progesses - at least I hope so

I think if BB has his sights set on signing Taylor then forget this guy but if he looks at him then maybe he sees something for adding depth

I do know one thing - Pisa will not be out of work for long so whoever wants to take a look at him will do so,probably by the end of this weekend.

I still think you have this guy way overrated. The guy had 104 tackles last year and missed significant time the previous two years (7 games in 2007 and 5 games in 2006). He has no tackles for losses for his career. Only one year did he have over 95 tackles. He had 10 sacks and 7 INTs in 6 years. I don't see people beating down his door to sign him.

The AP story of his release that stated of the number of tackles he has does not jibe with his official stats. Whoever wrote it must have taken it from a service using the most liberal accounting of assisted tackles or at least far more liberal than Stat, Inc. uses.

I still think you have this guy way overrated. The guy had 104 tackles last year and missed significant time the previous two years (7 games in 2007 and 5 games in 2006). He has no tackles for losses for his career. Only one year did he have over 95 tackles. He had 10 sacks and 7 INTs in 6 years. I don't see people beating down his door to sign him.

The AP story of his release that stated of the number of tackles he has does not jibe with his official stats. Whoever wrote it must have taken it from a service using the most liberal accounting of assisted tackles or at least far more liberal than Stat, Inc. uses.

Maybe I am overrating this guy but then again I am desperate for us to have some decent LB depth as well even if we sign a decent player who will bea backup - We shall see if there is an interest in this guy soon enough

The Rams have a crap defense anyway. So why do we need their garbage ? There's a reason this guy got cut this early. Most likely he doesn't fit in with their scheme or just has bad technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots