Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ralph Nader: Man of the People

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In 1972, the second time in my life I could vote, I wrote in Ralph Nader for president. May God bless him to run again. It would be good for the country.

-----------------------------

Options still open for Nader
    June 19, 5:52 PM
    Still not put off by the bile directed his way by some who feel that his candidacy cost Al Gore the White House in 2000, Ralph Nader indicated he might make yet another run for president.

At the Take Back America conference at the Washington Hilton on Tuesday, Yeas & Nays asked whether he had any favorite candidates for the 2008 presidential election, to which he replied, “I don’t like to say who I favor, but if my name is on the ballot - I suppose you can guess.”

Nader wasn’t the only presidential hopeful in the room. Gov. Bill Richardson, Sen. Barack Obama, John Edwards and Mike Gravel also worked the crowd. Richardson took the stage in the morning and “pointed out the differences,” between himself and his opponents. When asked whether he was ignoring his own pledge abolishing criticism between the candidates, Richardson replied, “I am still a nice guy… just pointing out the differences.”

The race for attention heated up as Obama appeared in the afternoon. “Unlike some occupants of the White House, I actually believe in the Constitution!” he exclaimed to the crowd, focusing his talk on health care. Edwards directly followed and talked about poverty, which he calls his “personal passion.” Both candidates took time to shake hands. So who won the beauty contest? Some conference leaders were overheard saying that “Edwards just didn’t have the same effect with the crowd; Obama is a tough act to follow.”
    -- Whitney S. Flight

http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2007/6/19/Options-still-open-for-Nader

//
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol.... we see through it, Fog.. you only want him to run so that he splitts the lefty vote, just like he did in '00, allowing an election close enough to steal again....

i love Nader, but somehow i doubt you truly do...
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Nader has alot of nerve showing his face,well with his ego it's realy no surprise. I've heard aguments against this.But I believe if Nader had never run.(and he had to know he had no chance of winnig) we wouldn't be in he grave predicament we're in now. I 'm not going to list all cisises this country is now faceing. I think everyone knows what they are.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What's good for the country is good for me, so I can bite the bullet, so to speak, and support Ralph Nader for president with both my time and my money. He's a fine man who will fight corporate corruption/greed with the best of them. With all YOU like to say about those issues, how passionately you plead their cause, Ralph Nader must be YOUR candidate for president as well. Come on, Press, put your money where you say your heart is:

[highlight] RALPH NADER FOR PRESIDENT!! [/highlight]

//
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i already did... i've voted for him before... however, i find it ironic that you'd champion a guy against corporate corruption ... Corporativism has never had a better enabler than Boy King, and you seem to love him...
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm not in love with Bush, and you know that. I am at odds with people who make him out to be the worst thing that's ever happened and who want to crucify him, though.

//
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, to clarify... despite your propensity to assert how i feel and what i want, i don't want him crucified... just reeled in by the checks and balances put in place by our Constitution... or removed if he remains so pigheaded and corrupt...

i would say 'war' is the worst thing that's ever happened, and he's an admitted "war president"... he's also a documented liar, a religious zealot, embarrassingly ignorant to geopolitics, and a man who values loyalty over competence for incredibly important appointments... i can't remember a president who's possessed such a profoundly dangerous combination of qualities ...
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard it all before: YOU are so right, and Bush is so wrong. Sure. If you had been sitting in his place on 9/11 you'd have done virtually the same thing he did, in all likelihood. Just as virtually ALL Dems in national office did. Everyone stood with his policy. Then, without offering a single counter-proposal of any substance -- only a "get out of Vietnam/Iraq/everywhere in the world (oh, except for Darfur, which is an "approved" war for the Left)" -- you constantly rank on the man. Broken record. Robotic.

//
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Come on Fog, he's offered up "proof" time and time again from www.ihateBushandyou'renotasmartasme.com type sites every day. How can you even question those sources? He is a very fair and tollerant person whose sh!t truely does not stink. The word "reasonable" I think best describes him. If you don't believe me just ask him. He'll "prove" it to you.

Now he is allowed to call you a POS, jaggie, idiot(check his history, it is full of examples) etc, etc, etc, and at the same time whine about being personally attacked by everyone else that dares to challange him. We're all guilty of personal attacks to some degree but some take it to high levels.

Oh yes and he's humble too.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:D

Nothing more I can add to that.

//
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... third man in? that's a one-game game misconduct, no?...

that's fine, i can take all of you 28% contingent on... what i point to are facts, accounts and proof ... proof of malfeasance, corruption, greed, lies, ignored warnings, arrogance, cover-ups and hollow promises concerning your bullsh!t war of unecessary aggression against the wrong enemy... the common sense crowd voted the GOP out, hearings are underway, and your lame duck president is doing whatever he can to stall and pass along his disaster to someone else...

spin it any way you like... prop me up as the chosen dissentor to demonize and disparage... i can take it with aplomb... i deal with much harsher anti-liberal resistance just on my monday night softball league alone, not to mention my diverse workplace... wanna debate facts? ... i'm armed to the teeth: pundits, military officials, politicians, books, networks, magazines, youtube, ... heck, your heroes' own words???... you guys have the bible, a naive ideology, irrelevant Clinton deflections, and a misguided sense of arrogant entitlement and patriotism.... that's it, palley... oh, and your "Get Bush" whine...
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

No one needs to prop you up. You're my hero.
  13. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +501 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

You're at odds with me as well, then. Bush is the most pathetic excuse for a leader I've ever seen. He's a national embarrassment.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, if you've read what I said earlier, I'm not at all happy with what he's done. I wrote him a letter before the war begging him to not start it. I and others have worked for many years to get through to him, but he stands with another viewpoint, one that is flawed terribly.

The difference is that while I am very disappointed, even appalled at the horrendous costs of this war, to simply focus on Bush and Cheney alone is disingenuous. No, worse: it's a bad joke. We ALL need to take a fresh look at what needs to happen; we ALL need to step back, take a deep breath, and consider the several options we have. We need to do this openly and without constraint so that the truly best solution will get the attention it deserves.

Instead, we have gotten nothing but the tired old same old same old diatribes, accusations, finger-pointing, and holier-than-thou preachings from all the usual suspects: the brie and wine crowd, the limousine liberal crowd, the know-it-all crowd, etc. Everybody wants to drown out somebody else.

This is NOT going to get it done. Such arrogance and self-important ravings only make us look more and more like a little, childish, bickering third world country. At least there is some order and civility in other nations, even if they do not have all the answers yet. Such nations are poised to take over should America slip much further. God blessed America for a reason: because she was basically good (in the beginning) and had the mission to serve the world. Should America fail in that, she will sink very low. I don't want to see that.

//
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 7 / -24

After all of your self righteous pontification of pious platitudes you cannot be serious.. particularly the holier than thou crap.. come on now, do you not have any self awareness of what you preach???

Don't talk about people who what to drown people out or know it all, you need to reread all you post here, if anyone is guilty of this you are the major culprit.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You've made your position very clear from day one: you don't like my religion and you don't like me to post here. So why should this latest piece of bigotry on the screen be shocking? It is not. You are a known quantity: when it comes to a religion you don't know you are intolerant and prejudiced. What more is there to say.

//
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

does this mean you'll actually stop talking for a while?... nothing would make the forum happier... even the righties here are tired of you.... none of them ever come to your defense... ever...

as for your earlier ignorant assessment, who ever said we were "focusing only on Bush and Cheney?" lol... there's our Reverend Lovejoy, just making up stuff again, i guess
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I guess you've forgotten about the posts above, after which you sobbed like a girl about PatsSB42 being "third man in" -- looks like EVERYBODY wants a piece of you :D . He seems to catch where I'm coming from. And I feel Harry has my back, too. So it looks like, yet again, you are reduced to your own private fantasy world. Btw, isn't THC considered to be at least a *mild* hallucinogenic?? Seems I read that somewhere.

Once again with the "ignorant" this, to go along with your "moron" that, and "POS" here, "slime ball" there.

When are you ever going to learn to talk like a man instead of an adolescent?? You're 33 going on 15.

//
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, at least i'm not calling you a scum-sucker, lice-ridden, or suggesting you die... slightly more tame, is my suggestions for you, no doubt... ironic that i've taken the relative high road, and you're the one acting like a kid with A.D.D. ... for the record, i never called you or anyone a slimeball that i remember, so once again, you're just making things up... but then, you're excellent at libel...

talk like a man? that's without a doubt the most hypocritical question you've ever posed...
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You ROUTINELY and REGULARLY jump to calling people "moron", "POS", and a whole battery of insults which you have calculated to use, just to bait people into responding in anger. In other words, to drag people down to your level.

You feed off of anger and resentment.

THAT is the definition of Satan, and THAT is what's inside of you. Until you free yourself from it by lifting yourself up and abstaining from it, you will only sink lower and lower. Deep down inside, you know it.

//