PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raises for PSers Darryl Richard, Ryan Wendell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good move. Belichick is populating the 80 man 2010 roster. This way neither will be tempted as much by an offer from another team before the season ends.

For all we know, they may already have gotten an offer from someone.

I for one like seeing hard working guys like these get some more significant dollars.

I for one like seeing hard working guys like these get some more significant dollars.

I could see Richard as a rotation player next year with Seymour gone and Jarvis potentially moving on. He is a nice 2-gapper that ate up the run at GT but didn't have much in the way of pass rush moves. If he has improved his functional strength, I will be interested in seeing his progress in training camp next year.

Can another team make a offer to a PS player? Is this common practice and can they move on to another team if they wanted?

Two of the big fella's are nicked and Nick is dinged, sounds like active players in Buffalo?

Yes, a team can make an offer as long they are willing to out the player of the 53 man roster for at least three games. The original team has no rights whatsoever.

Can another team make a offer to a PS player? Is this common practice and can they move on to another team if they wanted?

Not the first time the Patriots have raised the salaries of their practice squad players...last time didn't they give Yates decent money while he was on the practice squad before stinking up the roster?

Not the first time the Patriots have raised the salaries of their practice squad players...last time didn't they give Yates decent money while he was on the practice squad before stinking up the roster?

Correct...

Correct...

And there have been other players that got partial raises (i.e., more than the minimum, but not the full rookie salary), although names escape me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back