Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rainbows at Training camp?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Hoodie, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's gotta be a good sign right?

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=20172&pcid=44

Mother Nature and the Patriots combined to bring the excitement as the team returned to the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium for Saturday evening’s session in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets. While Bill Belichick’s team put in its second straight relatively crisp workout, it was the weather that stole the show as the first part of practice saw a fast moving storm blow through that included heavy rains, high winds and left a pair of rainbows grazing the sky above the practice action. One of the rainbows actually appeared to touch down on the far end of one of the practice fields.
  2. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was there. The double rainbow looked cool, going through the posts and all. But that was definitely the highlight of that practice. My thoughts on what I saw, besides rainbows:

Both units looked aweful. There were some bright spots, including Tedy on the r.b. one on one pass blocking drills. Corey looked good there too.

Speaking of Corey, he still looked tentative on his cuts to the right? hmmm...

The starting LB's, and the DL looked solid. Wilfork even recorded a "sack" on one series.

The DB's were getting beat early and often. It didn't matter much, because the receivers couldn't hang onto the ball, which was often off target anyway.

Far too many O linemen arent practicing, and that spells trouble down the road. My guess is that most of them reported out of shape, causing the dubious PUP status.

Brady, contrary to most opinions, looked terrrible in the pm session. If he wasnt throwing to Watson or Troy, he was consistently under throwing and throwing behind his recievers. This was true all afternoon, with the exception of the one long post to Reche.

Speaking of Reche, he seems solid, though its awefully early to pass final judgement. He seemed to run solid routes, get open and catch most balls thrown at him on target. He also showed good insticts with the rac's. He didn't seem to be able to adjust to poorly thrown balls though (see: Brady).

Cassel out threw Brady all session, leading his recievers well, throwing the ball with good mechanics and with good timing....until he got picked and taken to the house by Asante.

Maroney did not impress. He couldn't block to save his butt, was tentative at best on his reads, got to the hole slow and ran like a small back, without much power to shed hits. Very disappointing session.

Was let down that the place kickers didn't work out at all.

Just my thoughts.
  3. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks shirtsleeve, I like to hear both sides of the story, so your insight is welcome in my opinion.
  4. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If you're there ... love hearing from you!
    Even if you're not a regular camp follower ...
    you are the eyes and ears of the fans.

Thanx, shirtsleeve!