PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders upset Chiefs; Pats in driver's seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things seem to be falling our way this year. ::::::knocking on wood::::::

Making my Sunday visit to Foxboro more exciting!

If the Pats can pull off a win at Lambeau, they could have a couple of games at the end of season where they can rest up guys who are banged up while seasoning their depth.

That's pretty huge for us at this point. Granted, if we keep playing football the way we are, we most likely won't need it but right now the rest of the AFC would need to make up at least two games in order to pass us. Pretty substantial lead at this juncture especially if we keep winning.

I wish the Chiefs won, makes them winning the division harder. I want them to win the division because I think the Broncos are still the biggest threat in the conference, and if they are the wild card, no home games for them in the playoffs.

I wish the Chiefs won, makes them winning the division harder. I want them to win the division because I think the Broncos are still the biggest threat in the conference, and if they are the wild card, no home games for them in the playoffs.
Going to Denver is no day at the beach in July, but I don't want any part of Arrowhead any month of the year.

I watched that game and it was VERY interesting. For all their vaunted defensive laurels, they had some serious issues stopping the run. Their O-Line also didn't have as much consistency in protection as one might expect from a team with their standing and hype.

I was rooting for an Oakland win, because it helps New England's chances for having the route to the Superbowl pass through Gillette.

Good for Oakland. Good for New England. :)

As long as the Patriots have a higher seed the Broncos fall back to the pack.

Another point worth mentioning is next week's Broncos @ Chiefs game.... Chiefs are now uber-double-pissed off for having just been embarrassed by the joke of the league AND losing to the donkeys back in week 2. I hope they crush the donks.

On any given Sunday. Let's also not forget that the JEST beat Pittsburgh too. You just never know.

In my dreams, the Patriots win out, KC beats Denver then loses again to Oakland.

Hey, it could happen. :)

I am kinda shocked about this. I had the Chiefs losing one more game, but I figured it would be against Arizona.

I am not upset about this, but I still wanted to see the Broncos get the Wild Card which is less likely now since the Broncos are 3-0 in the division and the Chiefs are 1-2. I think the Colts may actually get the other bye, but the Pats have pretty much have one of the byes locked up barring a major collapse.

Just Win baby !!!

Can't have any mental lapses by coaching OR players down the stretch....it seems that they have the horses to win out, still a tough schedule but they have already beaten the top teams soundly..BIG test at Lambeau coming up. Will be nice to have Siliga and Jones back for the stretch run. Blount is a nice addition for the ground and pound side of the game...wear down the opponents DL for late in the game....

In Brady and BB We Trust !

I am kinda shocked about this. I had the Chiefs losing one more game, but I figured it would be against Arizona.

I am not upset about this, but I still wanted to see the Broncos get the Wild Card which is less likely now since the Broncos are 3-0 in the division and the Chiefs are 1-2. I think the Colts may actually get the other bye, but the Pats have pretty much have one of the byes locked up barring a major collapse.

The Colts are a game behind Denver with two additional conference losses and a H2H loss. Even with an extremely favorable schedule, them getting a bye isn't very likely.

I expected Oakland to give KC a game, and even had a strange feeling that they might win just before KO, but man is that a frustrating team to root for. If the Raiders were even moderately well coached, they would have been up 24-0 going into the fourth quarter. Even in victory they are the Keystone Cops out there. Defenders running into each other in pass coverage... holds on their decent KO returns... somehow going from getting the ball back at midfield with nearly two minutes to work with before the half to first and 20 from the 30 and hoping like hell just to run the clock down without having to give the ball back... three separate penalties on a 4th down play!... KC several times being able to return a KO from 8 yards deep and no defender anywhere near him until the 35 yard line...

Even without the idiotic sack dancing while KC lines up for their 4th down play, the moronic magnitude was off the charts. How anyone thinks fist pump and shades is an NFL coach is beyond me.

Last edited:
The Colts are a game behind Denver with two additional conference losses and a H2H loss. Even with an extremely favorable schedule, them getting a bye isn't very likely.

I think the Colts have one more loss at most (I think they can run the table) and I think the Broncos have at least two possibly three. The Broncos are not a good road team and they have four more road games left and after last night, any of them could be losses. Also, they may be facing the Dolphins on Sunday with no offensive weapons for Manning other than Demariyus Thomas and a bunch of junk (and yes, Welker is in the junk category these days).

One thing that was overlooked by the media this week because Manning was given the excuse of losing his weapons was that there looks to be something wrong with his ability to throw the ball over 5-10 yards. In a dome, his balls are floating far worse than they were earlier in the season. What is going to happen in KC or in Cincy?

If the Broncos somehow manage to miss the playoffs I'm going to giggle like a schoolgirl in pigtails for the rest of the season. It's probably not possible, but still amusing to think about. :cool:

If the Broncos somehow manage to miss the playoffs I'm going to giggle like a schoolgirl in pigtails for the rest of the season.

I think they have too much of a cushion to miss the playoffs, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were playing on the road on Wild Card weekend.

I think the Colts have one more loss at most (I think they can run the table) and I think the Broncos have at least two possibly three. The Broncos are not a good road team and they have four more road games left and after last night, any of them could be losses. Also, they may be facing the Dolphins on Sunday with no offensive weapons for Manning other than Demariyus Thomas and a bunch of junk (and yes, Welker is in the junk category these days).

One thing that was overlooked by the media this week because Manning was given the excuse of losing his weapons was that there looks to be something wrong with his ability to throw the ball over 5-10 yards. In a dome, his balls are floating far worse than they were earlier in the season. What is going to happen in KC or in Cincy?

It makes sense in theory, but not really in practice. Denver is still a much better team than Indy with every possible tiebreaker advantage. I wouldn't call Indy's chances "trivial" (that's for you 74!), but it is probably in the 10-15% range.

Personally, I think Denver is going to make people remember how good they are at home this weekend.

If the Broncos somehow manage to miss the playoffs I'm going to giggle like a schoolgirl in pigtails for the rest of the season. It's probably not possible, but still amusing to think about. :cool:

Not I.
I wish to savor another one & done by Peyton on wildcard weekend.
I think that quick exit will finally penetrate the thick skulls of the pundits that PM is a fantasy football QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots