PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders targeting Jeff Garcia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
according to WEEI. How funny is that going to be? In one corner you have these Radiers fans dressed up in the black shoulder pads with spikes coming out of the shoulders with skulls on top. In the other you have Garcia giving a post game interview saying how "they didn't feel real crisp" with his lisp.

This in combo with the Moss trade so that they can select Calvin Johnson as the first pick.

This in combo with the Moss trade so that they can select Calvin Johnson as the first pick.

That's what it looks to me like. The potential Moss to Jags for Fat Albert Leftwich falls into the same category. I suspect Crazy Al likes Calvin Johnson a lot, and they want him at number one.

In addition to the fact that Al Davis loves him some big, speedy WRs, this will also be a chance to stick it to Jon Gruden and the Bucs, whose pining and NEED for Calvin Johnson is the worst-kept secret in the NFL.

In addition to the fact that Al Davis loves him some big, speedy WRs, this will also be a chance to stick it to Jon Gruden and the Bucs, whose pining and NEED for Calvin Johnson is the worst-kept secret in the NFL.

And he's gonna love that. Almost enough motivation on its own, I suspect.

I would honestly like to see Garcia go to the Raiders, and then they draft Calvin

that'd be fun to watch the whole thing unfold.

The Lions would probably have a complete meltdown at #2 and draft some moron who sucks.

Al Davis is so senile. What he needs is Joe Thomas and Jake Plummer.

I wonder if Garcia would do this. He spent two years in Cleveland and Detroit scrambling around like it was Donkey Kong. Life is too precious to waste it quarterbacking in Oakland.

So far the Raiders have "targeted":

Brady Quinn
Jamarcus Russell
Byron Leftwich
Garrard
Schaub
Vick
Carr
Cassell
Rogers

Have I missed anyone? Besides sticking with Walter?

FWIW, I believe Oakland will draft Calvin Johnson and deal with QB in some other fashion than draft.

according to WEEI. How funny is that going to be? In one corner you have these Radiers fans dressed up in the black shoulder pads with spikes coming out of the shoulders with skulls on top. In the other you have Garcia giving a post game interview saying how "they didn't feel real crisp" with his lisp.

who on weei reported this??holley??

The list of veteran QB isn't all that long for the the Raiders. Their in a tough position because there is no depth the draft at the QB position. If there was, they could draft a guy and let him sit for a year with a veteran at the helm. So do they go out and sign a veteran to be the starter and hope that he pans out long term? Is so, Garcia isn't that guy.

I've said all along that Plummer should be the guy. He has shown that when his head is screwed on right, he can play as good as any QB in the league. He isn't a dominating QB, but he can win any game. Unfortunately he has his moments when he wants to win it on his own and tosses picks all day. I doubt the Broncs would trade him to the Raiders and if they did, it wouldn't be cheap.

That leads me to David Carr. I think he has had enough opportunities to prove himself in Houston and couldn't do it. You have to believe that he has upside and that a change in environment could get him to the level he is capable of. Unfortunately, his situation in Houston isn't that much better in Oakland and it would be hard to believe that this would change.

That leads me to David Carr. I think he has had enough opportunities to prove himself in Houston and couldn't do it. You have to believe that he has upside and that a change in environment could get him to the level he is capable of. Unfortunately, his situation in Houston isn't that much better in Oakland and it would be hard to believe that this would change.

The only thing that changes for David Carr if he moves to Oakland is that when he's looking up after being knocked on his ass for the 8th time in the game, he'll see blue sky rather than a roof.

It's an improvement of sorts, I guess.

So far the Raiders have "targeted":

Brady Quinn
Jamarcus Russell
Byron Leftwich
Garrard
Schaub
Vick
Carr
Cassell
Rogers

Have I missed anyone? Besides sticking with Walter?

FWIW, I believe Oakland will draft Calvin Johnson and deal with QB in some other fashion than draft.

Looks like you have most of them on that list and I agree I think the Raiders are very interested in Calvin Johnson and if they could get David Carr that woul probably be a good option for them but their line is no better than the Texans.

I dont know if its a lisp or if he is just straight up gay. Good for the Raiders though.

Horrid fit for garcia at the Raiders.

Garcia is only a good QB in a very specific type of West Coast Offense which is hella far off what the Raiders run traditonally. Dont know what Lane Kiffin plans to run but we know what kind of offense Al Davis wants and likes VERTICAL.

I doubt that signing Garcia would in any way preclude them from drafting Russell.

I doubt that signing Garcia would in any way preclude them from drafting Russell.
Not to be snide, but I guess that depends on the offer they plan on giving to Garcia (who expects a starter level salary from what we've been told).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes