Raiders sign Jeff George

Status
Not open for further replies.

primetime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
On fanball.com

The News
You may not believe this, but the Raiders signed free agent Jeff Gorge on Monday afternoon, according to ESPN. Although George signed with the Bears in 2004, he hasn't thrown an NFL pass since 2001 when he was with the Redskins.

The Raiders are real desperate for a QB, I guess. Aaron Brooks is pretty terrible, so George may play eventually, which is kind of sad.

talk about a messed up football team. another reason to have NFL A, B and C teams with relegations.... just like soccer leagues in EU.

I take it Rick Mirer wasn't available?

DrewWho? said:
another reason to have NFL A, B and C teams with relegations.... just like soccer leagues in EU.

Wouldn't work in American franchise-based sports. Maybe baseball or hockey but that defeats the whole farm system concept. There's no open transfer agreement, and where do you propose these A, B, and C teams come from? CFL? Arena leagues? If the Orlando Predators win the arena league, then they enter the NFL and the Texans get relegated? You want to spread out the talent even more? Ridiculous suggestion for the NFL. In European soccer, it is structured so every league is connected, so theoretically a beer league amateur team consisting of the guys from around the block could end up in the top division of its country and eventually the Champion's League.

Murphys95 said:
I take it Rick Mirer wasn't available?
Or Fran Tarkenton?

primetime said:
Wouldn't work in American franchise-based sports. Maybe baseball or hockey but that defeats the whole farm system concept. There's no open transfer agreement, and where do you propose these A, B, and C teams come from? CFL? Arena leagues? If the Orlando Predators win the arena league, then they enter the NFL and the Texans get relegated? You want to spread out the talent even more? Ridiculous suggestion for the NFL. In European soccer, it is structured so every league is connected, so theoretically a beer league amateur team consisting of the guys from around the block could end up in the top division of its country and eventually the Champion's League.
i know it will not work.... it was more of an open ended suggestion to somehow penalized pathetic teams....

I heard that Ryan Leaf turned it down. Something about waiting for a call up from Bronco Billy.

Rohan Davey is available

Geez I wonder what the Raider's PR Guy (aka Ron Borges) says about this?? He probably sees a tremendous upside to it.

Desperation........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back