PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Sign Andre Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm still maintaining that the Pats must have saw something to make them hesitate there.

It's ok. The Patriots have great D-linemen like Fortson and proved this weekend that they don't need any pass rushing depth.

Either the Pats weren't interested or the Raiders overpaid by a ton. No other reason to go there.

I am going to go with raiders overpaid. I am not worried

Noooooooooooooooo

After watching Ninkovich's pathetic pass rush on SNF... I was hoping we'd bring Carter back.

It's ok. The Patriots have great D-linemen like Fortson and proved this weekend that they don't need any pass rushing depth.

Didn't they cut Fortson to sign some other guy nobody has ever heard of?

Color me wicked pissed

Didn't they cut Fortson to sign some other guy nobody has ever heard of?

Indeed they did. The Patriots didn't pressure Flacco on Sunday, either.

But Ninko will have 10-15 sacks this year, like he always does.

before we overreact over the pass rush for 1 game this year..lets give it a few more weeks :rolleyes:

I suppose that wishing Ninko to be the second coming of Mike Vrabel and having that actually be so are two different things.

Flacco was taking 3 step drops and hitting open receivers without ever needing to hold the ball or look for other options. We do not have a pass rush problem. We have a coverage problem. Andre Carter is not going to change that.

Let's see.....we passed on Carter. St Louis passed on him. Arizona passed on him. Oakland even passed on him the first time.

This isn't last year's Andre Carter we're talking about.....

You act like Carter was Jason Pierre-Paul. He has had more bad seasons then good in his career.

Flacco was taking 3 step drops and hitting open receivers without ever needing to hold the ball or look for other options. We do not have a pass rush problem. We have a coverage problem. Andre Carter is not going to change that.

Yeah, the quick 3 step and chuck it 40 yards downfield play happens all the time, and there was no lack of pressure this weekend.

I suppose that wishing Ninko to be the second coming of Mike Vrabel and having that actually be so are two different things.

Nah.... we've got people thinking Flacco was throwing bombs on step #3. Why not hold out for pretty much anything you want? Expect a unicorn and a truly climbable rainbow, too. :rocker:

Vince Wilfork for slot receiver!

You act like Carter was Jason Pierre-Paul. He has had more bad seasons then good in his career.

Carter has 4 years of double digit sacks and has 6 sacks or more in 7 of his 11 years. Ninkovich has 12 career sacks and had a career high of 6.5 sacks last season. Cunningham has 2 sacks in his 2+ year career.

Maybe Trevor Scott (1.5 sacks since 2009) is the answer.

Last edited:
Nah.... we've got people thinking Flacco was throwing bombs on step #3. Why not hold out for pretty much anything you want? Expect a unicorn and a truly climbable rainbow, too. :rocker:

Vince Wilfork for slot receiver!

Edelman can take his spot on the line. Plus he's younger and cheaper.

Here is to hoping Jake Bequette, completely out of nowhere, is lightning in a bottle. Highly doubtful as it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes