PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders release CB Stanford Routt

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a starting caliber NFL corner back. I don't see why there would be negativity about signing him. We need help in the secondary i don't think there is denying that. He seems to be a solid vet corner back, maybe he can be what we hopped we would have in bodden.

My 1st foray into this forum since the superbowl... needed some time

My 1st foray into this forum since the superbowl... needed some time

don't sweat it...most of the hysterics have killed themselves by now............

don't sweat it...most of the hysterics have killed themselves by now............

And the rest went into the draft forum...

if the pats sign Welker and one of or both Carter and Anderson they wont have that much cap space to spend on biger name players they will sign a few JAG's about 2 or 3 days into free agency and use one of there #1's on a DB and trade the other

The Ghost Of Al LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect the dead. I doubt we'll sign a FA corner back. I actually think we shouldn't. Use the money for actual obvious needs.

Last edited:
Sign the beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see Tracy Porter or Terrell Thomas. Thomas should be fairly inexpensive coming off an injury. He was about to have a breakout season in my opinion and i know that several of the giants players said during preseason that he was going to be a pro bowler. I doubt we would go after Routt though, im sure Belicheck has several other db's that wants to take a look at.

Respect the dead. I doubt we'll sign a FA corner back. I actually think we shouldn't. Use the money for actual obvious needs.

Respectfully disagree. The Patriots have missed so often drafting DBs, that maybe it makes sense to sign a player you already know can play in the NFL.

There are some positions that BB just isn't good at drafting....

I'd say DB and WR are two of them.......Jury is still out on RB with Ridley and Vereen we'll take the wait and see approach.....

His is decent drafting in the trenches however...

Up until last year his TE drafting has been spotty..

I'd probably prefer to take a look at his now former teammate, Tyvon Branch. Then again, I'm not looking at McCourty as a safety.

A Pats player named Ty Branch? That's in the neighborhood of BenJarvis Green-Ellis and Jarvis Green. Too confusing.

OT: CB Stanford Routt Remains In Kansas City

We told you a couple of days ago that former Oakland Raiders CB Stanford Routt would be meeting with the Kansas City Chiefs yesterday.
It looks as if the meeting went well.

According to NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora, Routt is still in KC for a second day of interviews with the Chiefs.

This is significant news in my view. If the Chiefs weren’t seriously considering signing Routt, I doubt they’d have him hang around for a second day. In fact, sometimes when a free agent hangs around town for an extra day it is because the team is having him go through a physical. If that is the case, a signing could come soon after. Like today.

Stanford Routt Remains In Kansas City | Arrowhead Addict

Does this mean CB Brandon Carr is/will be available?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT: CB Stanford Routt Remains In Kansas City

I doubt it. According to one website KC is 25-30 mil. under the projected cap. Their two biggest UFA's are Carr and Bowe. I think they could easily fit in Bowe, Carr and Routt. That certainly would give them a good #1 & #2 combo at CB.

BJGE may be heading there as well as word out is that KC is short on RBs and may be after his services.

Stanfor Routt Remains In Kansas City | Arrowhead Addict

Does this mean CB Brandon Carr is/will be available?

From Chiefsplanet:

Petro has said a couple of times today that he's hearing Carr is asking for SIGNIFICANTLY more money than the Chiefs gave Flowers...

Chiefs Stanford Routt Will Visit Chiefs Today - Page 16 - ChiefsPlanet

The Kansas City Chiefs signed cornerback Brandon Flowers to a five-year contract extension, according to the NFL Network and The Kansas City Star. NFL Network reports the deal is worth $50 million, with $22 million guaranteed.

Chiefs sign CB Flowers to $50 million extension - NFL - Sporting News

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Carr. Dunno if his contract demands are practicable, though.

I doubt it. According to one website KC is 25-30 mil. under the projected cap. Their two biggest UFA's are Carr and Bowe. I think they could easily fit in Bowe, Carr and Routt. That certainly would give them a good #1 & #2 combo at CB.

You're forgetting about a man named Brandon Flowers. You know, the guy that's better than Carr.

BJGE may be heading there as well as word out is that KC is short on RBs and may be after his services.

I would have thought just the opposite; they have Jamaal Charles, Jackie Battle, Dexter McCluster, Thomas Jones, Le'Ron McClain and probably one or two others I can't remember. Jones is probably gone due to his age and Battle is a free agent, but I don't know how much they want to spend on another RB when they have Charles.

Other than whatever decision they are going to make at QB, it seems to me the Chiefs biggest needs are on both lines; there's nothing special on the OL other than RG Jon Asamoah and nothing special on the DL other than DE Glenn Dorsey. Even though they are well under the cap that's a lot of roster spots that could use upgrading.

As for BJGE reportedly the Pats have had some discussion on a new deal, not that that means anything.

It Is What It Is » Agent: Patriots have discussed new deal for BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes