PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Raiders discussion

Looks like the Pats are on the flight right now. An extra day on the West Coast.

Thats just blatant homerism on your part. Santonio Holmes is one of the better wr in this league. There isn't anything Welker could do that holmes can't. Just Welker has a way better Qb throwing him the football.

All you're doing here is demonstrating your lack of football knowledge. There's much more to being a receiver than there is having a "better QB" throwing at you. If having a "better QB" throwing at you automatically meant your game as a WR would be elevated, then you haven't met a certain Mr. Joey Galloway, Chad Jackson.. the list goes on and on.

Holmes isn't even in the same class as Welker. It isn't just about being athletic and hard-nosed, and making clutch catches, it's also about reading and deciphering coverage and knowing what's coming at the QB, as well as having a nose for what part of the field is going to open up. Welker has a very instinctual feel for coverage, above and below him- he can sense what is behind him, and that makes him very valuable. From what I can see Holmes can read zone or man, but nothing much beyond that.

All you're doing here is demonstrating your lack of football knowledge. There's much more to being a receiver than there is having a "better QB" throwing at you. If having a "better QB" throwing at you automatically meant your game as a WR would be elevated, then you haven't met a certain Mr. Joey Galloway, Chad Jackson.. the list goes on and on.

Holmes isn't even in the same class as Welker. It isn't just about being athletic and hard-nosed, and making clutch catches, it's also about reading and deciphering coverage and knowing what's coming at the QB, as well as having a nose for what part of the field is going to open up. Welker has a very instinctual feel for coverage, above and below him- he can sense what is behind him, and that makes him very valuable. From what I can see Holmes can read zone or man, but nothing much beyond that.

Again believe what you want but your so wrong. Santonio Holmes plays for the Jets and Im not going to get in debate with you as it has no bearing on this gamwe this week. That what im here to discuss , not Jet players.

Again believe what you want but your so wrong. Santonio Holmes plays for the Jets and Im not going to get in debate with you as it has no bearing on this gamwe this week. That what im here to discuss , not Jet players.

Oh I don't believe it, I know it. And being called wrong by someone who can't even spell "you're" properly.. that's a new one.

Welker and Holmes play so differently that it's kind of hard to say one is better than the other in my opinion.
Welker has great hands,great route running,very quick and hard to bring down. Holmes is very fast, very good footwork(dragging feet in bounds) and extremely clutch. Overall I would rather have welker on the pats(partly because he has a much better attitude)
Plus I'm not sure Holmes has the smarts to play in this offense. I think he could put up some mad stats though with a great qb.

Last edited:

Oh I don't believe it, I know it. And being called wrong by someone who can't even spell "you're" properly.. that's a new one.

Wow that really proves you know your football. Lmao. This is a football messsageboard for crying out loud. Why don't you worry more about supporting your position with facts and not given your bias opinion.

Last edited:

welker is atleast 5 times better than holmes

In 2006 with Joey Harrington throwing him the ball 67/687 1TD.

Santonio Holmes last year with Sanchez 52/746 6 TDs.

Can we all agree that Sanchez is much better than Harrington? Welker's season was his first as a full time receiver. Holmes did that last year in his 5th season.

Welker's best year 123/1348 4TDs
Holmes best year 79/1248 5TDs

Welker's second and third best seasons are better than any of Holmes other seasons.

111/1165 4TDs
112/1175 8TDs

Big Ben was the perfect QB for the type of receiver that Holmes is and he still only put up the one 1000 yard season. Holmes wouldn't put up Welker's numbers in NE nor would he in Indy with Peyton because he isn't a good route runner. He would probably do well in SD or a system like that where Rivers chucks it up high to his receivers a lot.

In 2006 with Joey Harrington throwing him the ball 67/687 1TD.

Santonio Holmes last year with Sanchez 52/746 6 TDs.

Can we all agree that Sanchez is much better than Harrington? Welker's season was his first as a full time receiver. Holmes did that last year in his 5th season.

Welker's best year 123/1348 4TDs
Holmes best year 79/1248 5TDs

Welker's second and third best seasons are better than any of Holmes other seasons.

111/1165 4TDs
112/1175 8TDs

Big Ben was the perfect QB for the type of receiver that Holmes is and he still only put up the one 1000 yard season. Holmes wouldn't put up Welker's numbers in NE nor would he in Indy with Peyton because he isn't a good route runner. He would probably do well in SD or a system like that where Rivers chucks it up high to his receivers a lot.

Please Tell me who were those other WR that the steelers had with Holmes. Holmes wasn't the first or second option in that offense. Thats a big diffrence. You patriot fans are almost as bad as Jet fan defending(making excuses) mark Sanchez.

Wes welker a dangerous Wr getting the most out of his ability, but hes no santonio Holmes. Thats just silly.

BTW Give me the reciever that has 44 less receptions but still had only 100 yard less recieving yards.

Last edited:

Thats just blatant homerism on your part. Santonio Holmes is one of the better wr in this league. There isn't anything Welker could do that holmes can't. Just Welker has a way better Qb throwing him the football.

Well, yeah - but isn't that the point?

Welker's on pace for 165 catches.

By definition that makes him a better WR than Holmes - no offense.

I think most of your counterpoints have a lot of validity. We know what the Raiders offense can do - and I assume they'll have a field day against a bad defense (and yes, until they prove otherwise, the Patriots have a bad defense).

We also know what the Patriots offense can do. And we've also seen that offense stopped by a good defense.

Each team knows what they can do, and what they need to do. Coaching and execution is what it will come down to. It always does.

Please Tell me who were those other WR that the steelers had with Holmes. Holmes wasn't the first or second option in that offense. Thats a big diffrence. You patriot fans are almost as bad as Jet fan defending(making excuses) mark Sanchez.

Wes welker a dangerous Wr getting the most out of his ability, but hes no santonio Holmes. Thats just silly.

BTW Give me the reciever that has 44 less receptions but still had only 100 yard less recieving yards.

Actually he was the number one option. Hines Ward is the only other receiver of note on any of those teams.

The other guys were Nate Washington, Vernon Hayes, Cedrick Wilson and then Mike Wallace only as a rookie with Heath Miller throw in at TE.

Perhaps its you making excuses to defend your position without knowing the facts since Holmes was the number one option and don't say it was Ward because Ward is the safety value for Ben and that's not to diminish Ward because I think he's underrated and I always wished he was a Patriot.

Wow that really proves you know your football. Lmao. This is a football messsageboard for crying out loud. Why don't you worry more about supporting your position with facts and not given your bias opinion.

You've not proven you know a damn thing about football..

You really should zip it.. You were wrong about Mitchell who was declared OUT yesterday, long before you started running your mouth. Yet you were beating your chest like he was gonna do something.

Huff didn't practice Friday, either. The likelihood that he plays is more doubtful than probable. Same goes for Shaugnessy. If you don't think that hurts your defense, you're insane.

You really should zip it.. You were wrong about Mitchell who was declared OUT yesterday, long before you started running your mouth. Yet you were beating your chest like he was gonna do something.

Huff didn't practice Friday, either. The likelihood that he plays is more doubtful than probable. Same goes for Shaugnessy. If you don't think that hurts your defense, you're insane.

Put up- or shut up. Show me Michell was ruled out yesterday. Ill be waiting.
It never happened. Okay can you give me your sourcew that Mitchell was ruled out. Im waiting.

Again lets see when raiders announce the inactives later whose out. Don't be supprised all three players you mention will be out there.

Put up- or shut up. Show me Michell was ruled out yesterday. Ill be waiting.
It never happened. Okay can you give me your sourcew that Mitchell was ruled out. Im waiting.

Again lets see when raiders announce the inactives later whose out. Don't be supprised all three players you mention will be out there.

I already did, you moron. It would actually help if you could read properly. But you are too busy stroking your "Uncle Al" doll to actually read.

Oakland Raiders Injuries | NFL at CBSSports.com

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...12-bodden-dowling-out-page17.html#post2714901

Last edited:

I already did, you moron. It would actually help if you could read properly. But you are too busy stroking your "Uncle Al" doll to actually read.

Oakland Raiders Injuries | NFL at CBSSports.com

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...12-bodden-dowling-out-page17.html#post2714901

Okay that why you don't listen to Cbs sports. read the little article right where they say hes out. Raiders SS Mike Mitchell said he expects to make his 2011 debut Sunday against the Patriots after missing all four exhibition games and the first two regular-season games with a knee injury. “I’m healthy. I’m glad to be back," he said. "I’m excited to play. How much I play, that’s never a player’s choice anyway.” (Updated 09/29/2011) ( Its three games that he already missed not two- thats how silly Cbs sports web site is.

Again you said raiders announce that he was out. Thats news to every single Raider fan as they said it won't be announced later today.

Huff more a question mark noty mitchell.

Last edited:

Okay that why you don't listen to Cbs sports. read the little article right where they say hes out. Raiders SS Mike Mitchell said he expects to make his 2011 debut Sunday against the Patriots after missing all four exhibition games and the first two regular-season games with a knee injury. “I’m healthy. I’m glad to be back," he said. "I’m excited to play. How much I play, that’s never a player’s choice anyway.” (Updated 09/29/2011)

Again you said raiders announce that he was out. Thats news to every single Raider fan as they said it won't be announced later today.

You are pretty stupid, aren't you. Look on the LEFT where it shows the DATE. It says 10/2/11. Over a few columns it says, OUT. What Mitchell said 3 days ago doesn't matter.

They get that list from the TEAM. It's not made up.

Last edited:

You proven you can't read. Trying to get people to believe that Mitchell was ruled out. Again im waiting for your proof.

Because it says "OUT" next to his name in the link.

How's the school system in your area, Mr. "You Proven You Can't Read"?

BTW, way to edit your post (with the same caveman diction!) after being called out.

Last edited:

You proven you can't read. Trying to get people to believe that Mitchell was ruled out. Again im waiting for your proof.

Unlike you, I've proven I can read just fine and that my reading comprehension is that of an adult compared to yours. Hell, my 4 year old niece has better reading comprehension than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes