PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Raiders discussion

I believed in McFadden coming out of college. There were a lot of McFadden doubters then. But now he has finally blossomed into an elite player after his first year being under inept management that used him too infrequently, McFadden is the one offensive weapon the Pats must gameplan for and shut down. The thing about top rushing attacks though, is not the yardage, it's the fact that they will eat up the clock and win the time of possession (TOP) battle. If McFadden is carrying the ball, that will be that much less time for Brady and the offense to be in the field. Therefore our defense must stop the RUN first. If that happens, Brady will get his chances and I like our odds of winning in a shootout. But it really starts with the defense and stopping that running game or at the very least 'containing' it to something manageable.

You really think Michael Huff can stop Gronkowski? :eek: Keep dreaming. No single player can cover the Gronk. It will take at least double coverage to bottle him up. And if the Raiders will give us the running game, we're gonna get to see more of what Ridley can do. I still see huge games coming for Gronk and Welker. The only question is, can other players on offense step up as targets next week.

Yes I defintely think Huff would do a great job on Gronkowski. Ive seen him do that to the top te's A healthy A gates>>>>> Gronkowski and its not even close. T Gonzalez still at his prime.

The question will the raiders put huff on him. I don't know. They probably are going to try to put S Mike Mitchell 6'2 225 on him(how effective will he be missing month and a half) Thats a big question They would put his replacement when he was injured Jerome Boydf 6'2 225

NOw if you think Raiders offense is all Mcfadden your sadly mstaken(He is the thing everyone has to plan to stop) You can stop Mcfadden in the running game and still not control him. He can be just as big a threat in the passsing game(either one he capable of taking to the house) Raiders could bring in Taiwan Jones(draft pick we got from you) with Mcfadden and he way faster than Mcfadden . Both are extremley dangerous runners or recievers.

Okay you talk about Gronkowski and raiders trouble covering him. You don't think your going to have the same trouble with Kevin Boss( averaged more yards per catch than either of your te's last year) David Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 (hasn't played yet but withFB marcel reece out I think he makes his debut.

Wr - With Jacoby Ford back healthy - this is a guy that makes every Nfl player look like they are playing in slow motion. There isn't a NFl Cb that can stay with him if campbell has time. Have to give him safety help over the top.

Deanrius More - dosen't have ford blazing speed but hes plenty fast. I like his chances against any of your cb's

Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 4.38 - Probably Raiders best all round WR . Only down size is inability to stay healthy.

D Hagan- professional WR who will make the clutch catches.

DHb- probably raiders sixth best Wr. He will start because he a physical blocker but he probably is the only wr route running not that good.

Bellichik is a genius but even he can't take all of H jackson and Al saunders toys away from them.

They key to a pats victory is Gronkowski. We simply cannot cover a TE to save our lives. Dink and Dunk cause we cant cover that either. Its hit or miss with RB out of the backfield, either we stop it or its a big gainer. We are a bend but don't break D against the Run.

Raiders need to run the ball run the clock and hit the man in front of you as hard as they can and hope they don't get hit as hard in return if this happens we have a shot to win. It how we beat the Jets.

Raider win if its a close game or Pat in a blow out!

JMO There is no way Patriots blow the raiders out. They have just as much or more mismatches in this game against the raiders offense.

Can they win sure there offense is one of the best and it will be another, team that has the football last wins it.

Raiders can cover the TE if they leave that job to M Huff(give him that sole responsibility) M Mitchell is another guy thats not bad against the TE. gronkowski catches it he will feel it everytime he catches it. Mitchell hits hard.

your basising too much what you saw in last week game against the Jets without understanding what a M Huff and Mike Mitchell would have done against the Te and Rb.
Those players played and raiders would have done alot beter against the te and Rb.

Last edited:

Our offensive line against Seymour and Kelly will be the deciding factor in this game. I really don't think this Raider defense is made to stop a team like ours. People seem to forget that Sanchez threw for a ton and he is a average QB passing at will.

People are scared ****less over McFadden and I don't see why. So what if he breaks a 70 yarder and scores? Is he going to do that 3 times in one game? If he does than this team just sucks and will probably go 10-6 and deservedly so. He's gonna get his for sure unless this team moves to a different scheme and can play it effectively to stop the run but I don't think they will be able to stop our offense in the process.

Their receiving core is up and coming. The Moore is kid is dangerous and very multifaceted. Heyward Bey is sloppy but still a deep line threat with hand like stone. Play a zone, let McCourty,Bodden and Arrington keep the wr's infront of them and see if this helps.

Prediction. 48-17 Pats in a hostile environment..all the haters chewing on their tails.

What you feel to understand is raider were really hurting in the secondary in that game against the Jets. ( C Johnson raiders starting Cb was obviously trying to play through a groin injury- he struggled and came out) Raiders lost M Huff to a concusssion early.

Now you throw in the fact that CB DVD(their second round pick) and Mike Miotchell was out Raiders were way way down the depth chart at cb.

You know what Chekwa played a great game at Cb(coverage was tight throughout) porter did a fine job in relief too.

Even with the raiders hurting that bad in the secondary they pretty much shutdown Jets wr(S Holmes and Plaxico Burress) The te'sd and Rb hurt the raiders but they should get all those players back with the exception of Chris Johnson.

That will help tremendously against the te and Rb.

You just don't understand how much raiders have on offense. They have more mismatches on your defense than Patriots have on us. Raiders can run and throw the football. you can throw it. Is that enough.

Okay you talk about Gronkowski and raiders trouble covering him. You don't think your going to have the same trouble with Kevin Boss( averaged more yards per catch than either of your te's last year) David Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 (hasn't played yet but withFB marcel reece out I think he makes his debut.

Gronkowski 6'6" 265lbs 17rec 281yds 16.5avg 5tds who's the boss?:youtheman:

Last edited:

Yes I defintely think Huff would do a great job on Gronkowski. Ive seen him do that to the top te's A healthy A gates>>>>> Gronkowski and its not even close. T Gonzalez still at his prime.

You missed that it has been a RAIDER fan saying that the Raiders can't cover the TE. As for how good Gronkowski is, you'll just have to see at the game. He's going to surprise you.

The question will the raiders put huff on him. I don't know. They probably are going to try to put S Mike Mitchell 6'2 225 on him(how effective will he be missing month and a half) Thats a big question They would put his replacement when he was injured Jerome Boydf 6'2 225

NOw if you think Raiders offense is all Mcfadden your sadly mstaken(He is the thing everyone has to plan to stop) You can stop Mcfadden in the running game and still not control him. He can be just as big a threat in the passsing game(either one he capable of taking to the house) Raiders could bring in Taiwan Jones(draft pick we got from you) with Mcfadden and he way faster than Mcfadden . Both are extremley dangerous runners or recievers.

Okay you talk about Gronkowski and raiders trouble covering him. You don't think your going to have the same trouble with Kevin Boss( averaged more yards per catch than either of your te's last year) David Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 (hasn't played yet but withFB marcel reece out I think he makes his debut. Guess you missed the Pats shutting down Antonio Gates..

Wr - With Jacoby Ford back healthy - this is a guy that makes every Nfl player look like they are playing in slow motion. There isn't a NFl Cb that can stay with him if campbell has time. Have to give him safety help over the top.

Deanrius More - dosen't have ford blazing speed but hes plenty fast. I like his chances against any of your cb's

Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 4.38 - Probably Raiders best all round WR . Only down size is inability to stay healthy.

D Hagan- professional WR who will make the clutch catches.

DHb- probably raiders sixth best Wr. He will start because he a physical blocker but he probably is the only wr route running not that good.

Bellichik is a genius but even he can't take all of H jackson and Al saunders toys away from them.

Belichick doesn't need to "take all the toys away". He just needs to shut down McFadden and force Campbell to beat the Pats with his arm.. That's easier said than done.

Will the Pats have trouble with your WRs? Probably. But the same can be said in reverse as well.. The Raiders will have problems with the Pats WRs.

A lot is riding on Michael Huff passing his baseline from his concussion. That has to happen by Friday evening or he's not eligible to play.

My hope is that the Pats decide to run the ball more. I believe that the Pats O-line can open things up, particularly going at Jarvis Moss.

That being said, the Raiders have a lot of banged up guys in their secondary, just like the Pats. So I could easily see the Pats trying to take advantage of that with Welker, Gronkowski, and Edelman.

Last edited:

Raiders can cover the TE if they leave that job to M Huff(give him that sole responsibility) M Mitchell is another guy thats not bad against the TE. gronkowski catches it he will feel it everytime he catches it. Mitchell hits hard.

Gronkowski takes "hard hits" and shrugs them off. You don't see to understand that. Gronkwoski isn't a Randy McMichael clone. You know a guy who can't take a hit and goes down easily. Gronkowski is a huge player. As someone mentioned, he's 6'6 + and 265lbs or so.. He put up 10 TDs as a rookie and he's on pace to put up 20+ this year since he's got 5 in the 1st 3 games.

This will be another tough game because both teams have defensive issues. But you are being just as foolish as you are claiming other Pats fans are with your thoughts that Gronkowski is going to be easy to contain..

You just don't understand how much raiders have on offense. They have more mismatches on your defense than Patriots have on us. Raiders can run and throw the football. you can throw it. Is that enough.

okay I give up. We have no chance. I don't think I'll even watch now.

If you take the Pats and Raider games last week and stop them after about 25 minutes of play, you would see:

- Pats up 21-0 with another promising drive killed by a penalty
- Oak down 17-7 and could have been more if Jets didn't stall at the Oak 3 and if Sanchez didn't throw an endzone pick

If you were taken to an undisclosed location at that point in time and just reappeared now, you would predict a Pats blowout. The final 35 minutes in each game have totally redefined the conversation. Now I'm not saying you dismiss those 35 minutes, but I'm also not sure you freak out over them either.

Will 4 Brady picks translate to this game? Will 2 4th down conversation failures and a muffed kickoff (as the Jets did) translate? These things all happened in the final 35 minutes of the games last week. The Raiders went 0-8 on 3rd down and still scored 34 points. The Pats defense game up 55 total yards in the first 4 drives of the second half, yet still lost a 21-10 lead over that span.

The snap judgements and microscopic attention span of analysts is amazing. The Pats may lose this week, but I doubt it will just be the Raiders marching down the field at will and scoring 30+ points. I also doubt the Pats have another self-inflicted death spiral in them.

Belichick doesn't need to "take all the toys away". He just needs to shut down McFadden and force Campbell to beat the Pats with his arm.. That's easier said than done.

Will the Pats have trouble with your WRs? Probably. But the same can be said in reverse as well.. The Raiders will have problems with the Pats WRs.

A lot is riding on Michael Huff passing his baseline from his concussion. That has to happen by Friday evening or he's not eligible to play.

My hope is that the Pats decide to run the ball more. I believe that the Pats O-line can open things up, particularly going at Jarvis Moss.

That being said, the Raiders have a lot of banged up guys in their secondary, just like the Pats. So I could easily see the Pats trying to take advantage of that with Welker, Gronkowski, and Edelman.

Again Just stopping Mcfadden in the running game is half the battle. He capable of getting those yards through the air. (as a Receiver)

Will The Raiders have problems with Patriots offense- probably but willl it be at wr. I don't necessarily agree that where your going to beat the raiders there. Raiders did a fine job on the Jets wr corps.

I think Te's and Rb are more a concern for the raiders right now.

The question will M Huff(must have passed his concussion test as he was practicing) and Mike Mitchell(having played yet this season help against the Te or Rb.

The key to this game is how your interior going to do on Tom Kelly and R seymour. I think Seymour and Mankins will win some and lose some (Draw) I think you will double team Tom kelly. Now howe Mankins handle Seymour one onone will be big.

Couple things your missing Raiders play nine deep on the Dline(L Houston, Kelly, Seymour , Shaughnessy, D Bryant, J henderson, T Scott, K wimbley and jarvis Moss. All those guys will play and Raiders keep substituting all game freely.

If you think moss is going to be in there alot that might not be the case.

ONly guy raiders should be missing in secondary is Chris Johnson.(huff, Mitchell, DVD) should all play this week.

Also expect raiders to play alot more zone than Tom brady ever remembers them playing.

Last edited:

Again Just stopping Mcfadden in the running game is half the battle. He capable of getting those yards through the air. (as a Receiver)

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. I said to take McFadden away. Period. I didn't just stop McFadden from running the ball..

Will The Raiders have problems with Patriots offense- probably but willl it be at wr. I don't necessarily agree that where your going to beat the raiders there. Raiders did a fine job on the Jets wr corps.

One of the differences between the Pats WRs and Jets WRs is that the Pats WRs tend to be better route runners.

The question will M Huff(must have passed his concussion test as he was practicing) and Mike Mitchell(having played yet this season help against the Te or Rb.

If Huff practiced today, then the Raiders lied on their injury report because they reported that he Did not practice.

The key to this game is how your interior going to do on Tom Kelly and R seymour. I think Seymour and Mankins will win some and lose some (Draw) I think you will double team Tom kelly. Now howe Mankins handle Seymour one onone will be big.

It will all depend on the play called. I honestly thing that Waters can handle Kelly one on one.

Couple things your missing Raiders play nine deep on the Dline(L Houston, Kelly, Seymour , Shaughnessy, D Bryant, J henderson, T Scott, K wimbley and jarvis Moss. All those guys will play and Raiders keep substituting all game freely.

If you think moss is going to be in there alot that might not be the case.

I didn't miss anything. You seem to have missed that Shaugnessy, like Huff, hasn't practiced this week. Also, you really should stip with the whole "The Raiders play 9 deep on the D-line" garbage because it certainly didn't help the Raiders against the Bills..

The Raiders can't substitute "freely" as you say when the Pats are running the no-huddle. And I expect the Pats to use that ALOT. Just like they have previously.

ONly guy raiders should be missing in secondary is Chris Johnson.(huff, Mitchell, DVD) should all play this week.

Also expect raiders to play alot more zone than Tom brady ever remembers them playing.

You'll have to forgive me if I am not impressed with DeMarcus VanDyke. You downplay not having Johnson, but that would be like me downplaying the Pats not having Leigh Bodden and the Secondary being skimpy because of it. You also are downplaying the fact that Chekwa is nursing a hamstring injury and that Mitchell is nursing a knee injury. Not to mention that Boyd and Mitchell both also have injuries that they are getting over. Like I said. Banged up.

I hope the Raiders do play a lot of zone. Brady loves picking them apart. It actually plays right into his strengths.

Last edited:

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. I said to take McFadden away. Period. I didn't just stop McFadden from running the ball..

One of the differences between the Pats WRs and Jets WRs is that the Pats WRs tend to be better route runners.

If Huff practiced today, then the Raiders lied on their injury report because they reported that he Did not practice.

It will all depend on the play called. I honestly thing that Waters can handle Kelly one on one.

I didn't miss anything. You seem to have missed that Shaugnessy, like Huff, hasn't practiced this week. Also, you really should stip with the whole "The Raiders play 9 deep on the D-line" garbage because it certainly didn't help the Raiders against the Bills..

The Raiders can't substitute "freely" as you say when the Pats are running the no-huddle. And I expect the Pats to use that ALOT. Just like they have previously.

You'll have to forgive me if I am not impressed with DeMarcus VanDyke. You downplay not having Johnson, but that would be like me downplaying the Pats not having Leigh Bodden and the Secondary being skimpy because of it. You also are downplaying the fact that Chekwa is nursing a hamstring injury and that Mitchell is nursing a knee injury. Not to mention that Boyd and Mitchell both also have injuries that they are getting over. Like I said. Banged up.

I hope the Raiders do play a lot of zone. Brady loves picking them apart. It actually plays right into his strengths.

Okay will try to answer all your questions

1. It easier to say were going to stop D Mcfadden both in the running game and passing game than to actually do it. Do you have the personell to match up with him in coverage.

2 I disagree with your asessment. santonio Holmes is a number 1 type wr he can do it all and he is a very good route runner. Plaxico Burress is not bad in that one and D Mason is very good route runner. Outside of Holmes those guys aren't the fastest wr around.

3 Huff was at practice but he didn't practice . I still think he plays this sunday. M mitchell will probably get first crackl on gronkowski.

4 Waters couldn't handle Kelly when he was with the chiefs. There is a reason they let him go. Thats why i see themn double teaming him and Letting mankins go one on one with Seymour(that matchup might decide this one)

5 Shaughnessy might not go but his lost would be more felt if raiders were going against a team that likes to rush as he very good defending against the run. I see K wimbley playing more at De this week . I rather see him than J moss(who had great game against the jets) at RDE Still the Raiders will play eight guys without shaughnessy.
Fitzpatrick had the ball out by three steps everytime and that took away advanatge they had on the dline.

The patriots can go no huddle . ( the stadium going to be loud) Raiders are still going to play eight deep on the Dline. Just those guys will be substituted on the next drive. You have a better chance of burning out your own defense than trhe raiders who guys are going to get their rest.

Here the beauty of raiders defense most of those guys can play both De and DT. (L Houston, T Kelly 6'6, R seymour 6'6, Desmond bryant 6'5, John Henderson( 6'7 more a one dimensional Dt. Thats alot of height . Don't get there get your hands up and deflect it.
Raiders can easily switch back and forth from 4-3 to 3-4. without changing there personel. LDE Tom Kelly NT L houston RDE R seymour

LOlB K Wimbley ILb Rolando McClain ILB Mike Mitchell Olb Jarvis moss

lDe L houstoin lDt T Kelly RDt R seynour Rde J moss
wlb Mike Mitchell MLB R McClain SsLb K wimbley

Chekwa did a fine job in place of C Johnson . If raiders were worried about him they would have gotten another CB .(I don't see where chekwa got hurt- he playing. Cj is nursing the hammy injury(hes proibably not playing) Mitchell practicing fully. The question how much endurance will he have as he missed amonth and a half(practicing for the first time) . Raiders are playing alot of zone these days. VanDyke can cover his biggest thing was learning to turn around and find the ball.(that isn't much a problem in zone as your watching the cb. Raiders do have alot of size up front(tip the ball at line of scrimmage and after last week(four interceptions that couldplay in Brady head if they are able to tip a few. Raiders have so much speed on defense. Have a good chance to break on football.

I would watch who practices tommorrow and I bet you see alot more of these guys out there. Some guys might be listed with an Injury but how many players at this point don't have aches somewhere. http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2011/09/29/injury-updates-from-jackson/

Last edited:

Brain says we get ravaged, heart says we win.

Brain says we get ravaged, heart says we win.

Ravaged? Really? By the Raiders? I know they are no pushover but jesus

Oh an Holmes is NOT a #1 receiver. Just because he was paid like one doesn't make him one

Last edited:

Oh an Holmes is NOT a #1 receiver. Just because he was paid like one doesn't make him one

He plays like a #1 receiver, don't be foolish. He's somewhat hurt by the fact that the QB throwing to him blows.

Holmes comment is silly. Don't remember the clutch catch he made in the superbowl. Of course he a number 1 wr and he clearly more talented than any Wr thwe patriots have. Just dosen't have the qb as good.

Maybe not on the Pats but on the Jets hes a #1 WR!

Okay will try to answer all your questions

I didn't have questions. And certainly not anything you can answer.

1. It easier to say were going to stop D Mcfadden both in the running game and passing game than to actually do it. Do you have the personell to match up with him in coverage.

Yes. I believe if the Pats use Chung against McFadden the way they used him against Gates, then they match-up well enough that Gates was shut down.

2 I disagree with your asessment. santonio Holmes is a number 1 type wr he can do it all and he is a very good route runner. Plaxico Burress is not bad in that one and D Mason is very good route runner. Outside of Holmes those guys aren't the fastest wr around.

Holmes being the Jets' number 1 receiver has nothing to do with his route running ability. Holmes is NOT a great route runner. Holmes is successful because of his athletic abilities. They are what get him open..

3 Huff was at practice but he didn't practice . I still think he plays this sunday. M mitchell will probably get first crackl on gronkowski.
Mitchell is not as good as Eric Weddle or Bob Sanders. And Gronkowski had 4 catches for 86 yards and 2 TDs against them. So, you'll have to forgive me if I am not impressed.

4 Waters couldn't handle Kelly when he was with the chiefs. There is a reason they let him go. Thats why i see themn double teaming him and Letting mankins go one on one with Seymour(that matchup might decide this one)

They let him go because of his age and how much he would have cost them to keep him. And Waters handled Kelly just fine. I know your Black Hole Bias is clouding your judgements..

5 Shaughnessy might not go but his lost would be more felt if raiders were going against a team that likes to rush as he very good defending against the run. I see K wimbley playing more at De this week . I rather see him than J moss(who had great game against the jets) at RDE Still the Raiders will play eight guys without shaughnessy.
Fitzpatrick had the ball out by three steps everytime and that took away advanatge they had on the dline.

Playing 8 guys doesn't matter if they can't get them on the field in the match-ups they want because the Pats are going with the no-huddle.. Again, you totally over-look that.

The patriots can go no huddle . ( the stadium going to be loud) Raiders are still going to play eight deep on the Dline. Just those guys will be substituted on the next drive. You have a better chance of burning out your own defense than trhe raiders who guys are going to get their rest.

Been there to Oakland. Was not impressed in terms of the "loudness". You are fooling yourself and being totally inept if you think that changing on the next drive will automatically keep your defense fresh.. As the Phins and Chargers how that worked out for them...

Here the beauty of raiders defense most of those guys can play both De and DT. (L Houston, T Kelly 6'6, R seymour 6'6, Desmond bryant 6'5, John Henderson( 6'7 more a one dimensional Dt. Thats alot of height . Don't get there get your hands up and deflect it.
Raiders can easily switch back and forth from 4-3 to 3-4. without changing there personel. LDE Tom Kelly NT L houston RDE R seymour

LOlB K Wimbley ILb Rolando McClain ILB Mike Mitchell Olb Jarvis moss

lDe L houstoin lDt T Kelly RDt R seynour Rde J moss
wlb Mike Mitchell MLB R McClain SsLb K wimbley

This has nothing to do with anything I said.. other than your wishful thinking..

Chekwa did a fine job in place of C Johnson . If raiders were worried about him they would have gotten another CB .(I don't see where chekwa got hurt- he playing. Cj is nursing the hammy injury(hes proibably not playing) Mitchell practicing fully. The question how much endurance will he have as he missed amonth and a half(practicing for the first time) . Raiders are playing alot of zone these days. VanDyke can cover his biggest thing was learning to turn around and find the ball.(that isn't much a problem in zone as your watching the cb. Raiders do have alot of size up front(tip the ball at line of scrimmage and after last week(four interceptions that couldplay in Brady head if they are able to tip a few. Raiders have so much speed on defense. Have a good chance to break on football.

Mitchell didn't practice fully.. Seriously, you need to review the injury reports before opening your mouth. Mitchell has been limited this week..

Again, you talk up the Raiders Zone defense and refuse to understand that Brady feasts on Zone defenses. He loves tearing them apart. The Bills were playing Man-to-Man, primarly.. And Brady has never throw 4 interceptions in back to back games. In fact, Brady has a 5-1 record in the games after which he threw the 4 interceptions. Do you know how many interceptions he threw on those 6 games? One. So, you'll forgive me if I put my faith in Brady and not the hopes of some Raider fan..

I would watch who practices tommorrow and I bet you see alot more of these guys out there. Some guys might be listed with an Injury but how many players at this point don't have aches somewhere. Injury updates from Jackson | Raiders Silver and Black Blog | an SFGate.com blog

I've been watching the Injury reports all week.. You, on the other hand, clearly haven't. As I pointed out each of the times you've posted.

Last edited:

Holmes comment is silly. Don't remember the clutch catch he made in the superbowl. Of course he a number 1 wr and he clearly more talented than any Wr thwe patriots have. Just dosen't have the qb as good.

Holmes < Welker.. And you're a fool for thinking otherwise.

Holmes < Welker.. And you're a fool for thinking otherwise.

Thats just blatant homerism on your part. Santonio Holmes is one of the better wr in this league. There isn't anything Welker could do that holmes can't. Just Welker has a way better Qb throwing him the football.

I didn't have questions. And certainly not anything you can answer.

Yes. I believe if the Pats use Chung against McFadden the way they used him against Gates, then they match-up well enough that Gates was shut down.

Holmes being the Jets' number 1 receiver has nothing to do with his route running ability. Holmes is NOT a great route runner. Holmes is successful because of his athletic abilities. They are what get him open..

Mitchell is not as good as Eric Weddle or Bob Sanders. And Gronkowski had 4 catches for 86 yards and 2 TDs against them. So, you'll have to forgive me if I am not impressed.

They let him go because of his age and how much he would have cost them to keep him. And Waters handled Kelly just fine. I know your Black Hole Bias is clouding your judgements..

Playing 8 guys doesn't matter if they can't get them on the field in the match-ups they want because the Pats are going with the no-huddle.. Again, you totally over-look that.

Been there to Oakland. Was not impressed in terms of the "loudness". You are fooling yourself and being totally inept if you think that changing on the next drive will automatically keep your defense fresh.. As the Phins and Chargers how that worked out for them...

This has nothing to do with anything I said.. other than your wishful thinking..

Mitchell didn't practice fully.. Seriously, you need to review the injury reports before opening your mouth. Mitchell has been limited this week..

Again, you talk up the Raiders Zone defense and refuse to understand that Brady feasts on Zone defenses. He loves tearing them apart. The Bills were playing Man-to-Man, primarly.. And Brady has never throw 4 interceptions in back to back games. In fact, Brady has a 5-1 record in the games after which he threw the 4 interceptions. Do you know how many interceptions he threw on those 6 games? One. So, you'll forgive me if I put my faith in Brady and not the hopes of some Raider fan..

I've been watching the Injury reports all week.. You, on the other hand, clearly haven't. As I pointed out each of the times you've posted.

Go to KC Chiefs board please Ask them how waters performed against raiders Dt last year- They dominated him badly . That is a fact. Don't believe me go ask them.
Find out for yourself.

Again I don't watch the injury report til friday. Alot of teams and the raiders are no diffrent will give guy as much time as possible to recover. They practice friday they will be playing. The point is outside of L Murphy, M reece and Chris Johnson expect all those guys to be out there. Its common sense if raiders were worrying about secondarfy help you can bet they would have brought in a healthy CB with patriots passing offense coming in.

Case in point M huff here what he tweeted about M huff. VittorioTafur Vittorio Tafur
@ @SilverAndBlack7 I still think Huff might play. Teammates were surprised he was listed as "not practicing" on Thursday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye