PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Linebacker, Rolando McClain: "This (Patriots) is just a finesse team..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the posters that feel the pats are doomed because they are a finesse team and have become the colts or 2001 Rams -- why are you wasting your time on the board?

It's hard to argue against this. The Pats are hardly what I would call a 'ground & pound' team. I'm pretty disappointed in our defense as well. It's time for BB to stop with looking for value and find some playmakers. Hey Bill, it ain't working on defense at all, and our running game not so much! Don't care about running? OK, but fix the shoddy defense as it is just awful.

Grounding and pounding it chews up time and gives your defense a chance to rest, they're not completely seperate.

Who is Rolando McClain? Seriously, never heard of the guy...but then again who really cares.

"We physical! They finesse!" Hmm... When LaClassian was harping about this, it didn't work out too well for him, did it?

It worked pretty well a month later. As for Rolando, I'm sure he's sh!tting his pants in anticipation for this game. Literally. :eek:

McClain shouldn't be saying anything one way or the other until he stops missing arm tackles and making tackles the way a MLB in the NFL should be! I don't think he meant harm by it but still shouldn't be saying shyt!

At this point, I think they are a finesse team. I am fine with it completely on offense as long as they don't completely abandon the run to rest the D and have the ability to pick up tough short yardage situations, when they need to. This is the new NFL. On defense however, being soft is never favorable. This defense looks soft to me. No pop, very little speed, no pass rushing threat, soft coverage. Three games and not one big hit. A big hit, even if it is penalized is worth it, especially behind mid field. The opportunistic INTs are nice, but they need to be more aggresive without losing fundamentals, tackle ball carriers on 1st contact and get to the QB SOMETIMES. I don't see this team advancing very far if they can't punch anyone in the mouth.

IMCD

I miss Corey Dillon :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes