PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders expected to cut OLB Kamerion Wimbley . . . (update: signed by Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he better than Ninko or Cunningham - Signed players ?

That's a tough call. I think his pure pass rushing abilities are better, yes.

His price will be damn near ridiculous though, at least in my opinion.

He will be looking for something that's way more than we'd ever consider.

He played well in the base as a rookie. No reason to believe he won't again just because he didn't play much last year because we played a different defense and had an probowler in the spot he would have played, and he was injured. If oyu would rather have Kameron Wimbley playing OLB in the base trying to defend the run, your wagon won't have any wheels left on it.

Cunningham played well his rookie season but his disappearance wasn't solely due to changing the defense. He had all season to find a role and play, and plenty of opportunity with the injuries at LB he just didn't step up. I hope he comes back this year and shows he can play but right now the jury is completely out. I wouldn't give up on him but i certainly wouldn't count on him either.

Other than that I would rather see them find a way to bring back both Carter and Anderson instead of signing Wimbley, both are better players and together they bring alot to this defense.

I'd be more interested in Luis Castillo

Read a story on espn.com saying that the colts are trying to free up cap room thus making dwight freeney, gary brackett and dallas clark potentially available. While I would absolutely love to see freeney with the pats, he's 31 and would need to be paid 19 million because he will not restructure. Gary Brackett is interesting, I believe his cap number is 7.4 mil, just some food for thought.

https://twitter.com/#!/tomecurran/status/179036626171858944

Take it for what it is, but don't get your hopes up.

I just couldn't picture that one. Not for that player at that expected price. Kind of the same scenario as C.Finnegan in my eyes.

No one's saying he's necessarily a 'bad' player, but I also don't think that he's as good as what his expected value or want is. (either player for that matter)

Is he better than Cunningham?

I%20LOL%27D.jpg

Kamerion Wimbley to be cut?

Eye On Football - CBSSports.com Report: Raiders to cut Kamerion Wimbley

If he's guaranteed $25.5M over the next three years, you have to wonder what he'd be looking for. I don't know enough about him to know how he might fit in our schemes but you would think we'd at least kick the tires...

Can anyone who know's more about his skill set provide some insight?

Re: Kamerion Wimbley to be cut?

He'll get more than the Pats want to pay.

With the expected loss of Mark Anderson , i'd love to have him over here since he fits both the 3-4 and 4-3 scheme.

yeah he won't come here..a team will overpay

With the expected loss of Mark Anderson , i'd love to have him over here since he fits both the 3-4 and 4-3 scheme.

Hes visiting Miami. Why is he expected to leave the team?

The Patriots better at least check the price on Wimbley. There's simply not that many other talented OLBs on the market.

What's Manny Lawson's situation in Cinci? i actually like him as a player .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back