PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders/Browns sellout ruined Pats/Bengals on TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Need to vent a bit. We're having a Sunday afternoon birthday party for my 2 year old daughter so I can't skip out and catch the Pats/Bengals at a bar like I normally do. Never fear, though...the Raiders (local team in my area) were at home and likely were not going to sell out vs. the Browns. That would mean the Pats/Bengals would be shown instead...woo hoo! I get to have my (birthday) cake and eat it, too!

Today I check TVguide.com and see that the Raiders/Browns is the 1:00pm game. Thinking it must be a mistake - surely there was no sellout - I checked the San Jose Mercury News and there's the awful blurb: "No Raiders blackout for Sunday".

So not only do I not get to watch the Pats/Bengals, my guests will be stuck watching the woeful Raiders/Browns matchup. Double whammy.

Regards,
Chris

As a fellow Bay Area resident, I am shocked to see the Raiders sell enough tickets, not sell out cause I don't believe that happened, to get this game on TV. That said, you should already know that this area is the worst football watching area there is and it has been for a long, long time. Most stations carrying AFC Sunday games are or were out of SF. I hoestly thought at times they must have a sports hating, performing arts graduate in charge of sports programming (in years past they never met a double header they wanted to air). Look at it this way, even if the Raiders were blacked out, it still wasn't a lock for them to put on the NE/Cincy game. They just might have put the Jax/Skins game on cause Daniel Snyder. Hard to believe but just the way it is here. My advice is to get a directv dish........

This is the first Pats game this year that they have on national danish tv so no lousy 25$ internet stream (NFL Game Pass) for me this week :singing:

And the game start starts at 10.15 PM and not 2.15 AM like last week. :singing::singing:

Anyway I feel sorry for all you patsfans out there who are not able to watch the game.

Patsgirl_DK said:
This is the first Pats game this year that they have on national danish tv so no lousy 25$ internet stream (NFL Game Pass) for me this week :singing:

And the game start starts at 10.15 PM and not 2.15 AM like last week. :singing::singing:

Anyway I feel sorry for all you patsfans out there who are not able to watch the game.

good for you...how many games you can see per week in DK on tv ? in IT only 2 (sunday night and monday night) - both via pay tv SKY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back