PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders/Browns sellout ruined Pats/Bengals on TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_in_sunnyvale

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Need to vent a bit. We're having a Sunday afternoon birthday party for my 2 year old daughter so I can't skip out and catch the Pats/Bengals at a bar like I normally do. Never fear, though...the Raiders (local team in my area) were at home and likely were not going to sell out vs. the Browns. That would mean the Pats/Bengals would be shown instead...woo hoo! I get to have my (birthday) cake and eat it, too!

Today I check TVguide.com and see that the Raiders/Browns is the 1:00pm game. Thinking it must be a mistake - surely there was no sellout - I checked the San Jose Mercury News and there's the awful blurb: "No Raiders blackout for Sunday".

So not only do I not get to watch the Pats/Bengals, my guests will be stuck watching the woeful Raiders/Browns matchup. Double whammy.

Regards,
Chris

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Need to vent a bit. We're having a Sunday afternoon birthday party for my 2 year old daughter so I can't skip out and catch the Pats/Bengals at a bar like I normally do. Never fear, though...the Raiders (local team in my area) were at home and likely were not going to sell out vs. the Browns. That would mean the Pats/Bengals would be shown instead...woo hoo! I get to have my (birthday) cake and eat it, too!

Today I check TVguide.com and see that the Raiders/Browns is the 1:00pm game. Thinking it must be a mistake - surely there was no sellout - I checked the San Jose Mercury News and there's the awful blurb: "No Raiders blackout for Sunday".

So not only do I not get to watch the Pats/Bengals, my guests will be stuck watching the woeful Raiders/Browns matchup. Double whammy.

Regards,
Chris

Aaron Brooks vs Charlie Frye. What more could you ask for? :D

How they sell that out? You couldn't pay me to go see that game.

Don't feel bad. I went to my first real Pats game last week and they lose.

I'm sorry. I had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...:explative

Oh, whew, you're in CA. I thought that was for the east coast somehow. I still get to watch the game at home. Woo! Sucks for you though, sorry about that.

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...:explative

Atleast you'll have a happy 2 year old and lots of cake. Just hope the NFL network picks the pats game for their Replay.

Actually charlie frye has looked pretty good. Raiders still suck though.

363839 said:
Don't feel bad. I went to my first real Pats game last week and they lose.

I'm sorry. I had to get that off my chest.

Hey, don't feel bad, I paid 275 dollars in 2004 to go that Monday nighter in Miami. Yeah, that was an awesome 2 and a half hour drive back home, let me tell you.

desi-patsfan said:

You mean Andrew Walters. ;)

That's why you shouldn't have kids. (just kidding)

desi-patsfan said:
Atleast you'll have a happy 2 year old and lots of cake. Just hope the NFL network picks the pats game for their Replay.
Don't have NFL Network :( .

My daughter probably has no idea what Sunday's party is about. At that age the party is for the adults, not the kids. We wanted to have the party the day before or the following Saturday, but family would have missed out. Sunday was the only day that worked :shrug:.

Love cake, though! Not a bad consolation prize, I must say.

Regards,
Chris

Directv and NFL Sunday Ticket is the way to go:D

............Ohh and the probably reason it sold out was because this may be the faiders best chance to win a game all season!

Last edited:
shame on you if you have southwest exposure and no Direct tv!

chris_in_sunnyvale said:

Regards,
Chris

Dude, no problem...

The Pats are on at 4pm on Sunday, not 1pm!

ADPF

(Oh, I forgot, you live in the ****** communist state of California, where the clocks are all wrong by 3 hours!

I feel for you.

People only move to California for FOUR reasons:

1) They absolutely have to, like for work or family commitments...
2) They are in the entertainment industry...
3) They are homeless...
4) They are homeless and have family in the entertainment industry offering them work...

Oh, well, if you run out to Best Buy right now, buy a dish, install it tomorrow and call for hook up, you can probably have the NFL Sunday Ticket in your home by 4pm EST - er 1pm PST - aka ******ed time!

Come back to the real world - the east coast and EST - and you won't have these issues!)

Last edited:
chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Don't have NFL Network :( .

My daughter probably has no idea what Sunday's party is about. At that age the party is for the adults, not the kids. We wanted to have the party the day before or the following Saturday, but family would have missed out. Sunday was the only day that worked :shrug:.

Love cake, though! Not a bad consolation prize, I must say.

Regards,
Chris

Dude, here's what you do...

Purposely don't buy enough ice for the party.

Then around 12:50, notice there is no ice and tell you wife, "Honey, I'm heading out for some ice!"

Grab a stogie, head down to the local tavern, grab a seat, some chicken wings and a Guinness, fire that burner up and watch the Pats...

When you head out about 4pm, ask the bartender for a bag of ice to take home with you!

Brilliant!

ADPF

Hey at least you can root for RAC and give us an update on WMG if he plays.

My Pats fan daughter was inconsiderate and got married during the 2001 Falcons game. Post wedding my wife & I went home all jacked up around midnight and watched the recorded destruction of Vick before bed.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Dude, here's what you do...

Purposely don't buy enough ice for the party.

Then around 12:50, notice there is no ice and tell you wife, "Honey, I'm heading out for some ice!"

Grab a stogie, head down to the local tavern, grab a seat, some chicken wings and a Guinness, fire that burner up and watch the Pats...

When you head out about 4pm, ask the bartender for a bag of ice to take home with you!

Brilliant!

ADPF
I like your style!

Regards,
Chris

P.S. No smoking in bars in CA.

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
I like your style!

Regards,
Chris

P.S. No smoking in bars in CA.

LOL!

Yup, Florida is heading that way, too!

For Florida it's all restaurants and SOME bars...

Right now the law says something like if "less than 40% of revenue is derived from food" you can allow smoking...

So, my favorite pool hall/football watching pub, Gatsby's in Davie, simply lowers the prices on thier menus so that "less than 40% of revenue is derived from food"!

Brilliant!

(And cheaper for me because I don't drink!)

chris_in_sunnyvale said:

Regards,
Chris

Are they having some kinda pre halloween promotion? who would pay good money to sit in the nose bleeds in that stadium to watch those two stiffs play? Only in Oakland i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes