PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders at it again, close to trading for Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's he done? he threw for 26 TDs and almost 4000 yards last year.

He also threw 20 picks. His poise and arm strength could both generously be called questionable, at this point. He's maybe the 20th best QB in the NFL.

In all honesty this is how great teams are formed (for the bengals i mean).

They have their QB and WR for the future they believe. Have had high 1st and 2nd round draft picks over the last 4 years. Now they get 2 1sts this year and possibly next. That can really help set a team up.

In saying that the pats have the same situation atm drafting wise... thats why i love em

Mike Brown is still the owner/defacto GM.

In all honesty this is how great teams are formed (for the bengals i mean).

They have their QB and WR for the future they believe. Have had high 1st and 2nd round draft picks over the last 4 years. Now they get 2 1sts this year and possibly next. That can really help set a team up.

In saying that the pats have the same situation atm drafting wise... thats why i love em

Luckily for the rest of the AFCN, Mike Brown *should* find a way to screw it up, but who knows? That defense is legitimately good, and Dalton, Green, and Gresham all look like the real deal. They still need to add some pieces, but you're right in that they have the draft picks to do it now. If they go and draft Emmitt Smith, Alvin Harper, and Rod Woodson like the Cowboys did with some of their Herschel Walker picks, who knows what could happen.

Last edited:
oakland gave up too much but then again, palmer killed san diego last year

so oakland DID get better overnight

I'm skeptical of any QB going to a new team midseason, let alone a QB who hasn't played an NFL game in about 10 months. He'll be an upgrade in the long haul, for sure, but he'll have to develop timing with his WRs pretty quickly to be an upgrade immediately.

He also threw 20 picks. His poise and arm strength could both generously be called questionable, at this point. He's maybe the 20th best QB in the NFL.

Uh...sorry FTW...that #20 distinction belongs to our favorite sexual predator, Murk Sinchez....

Why wasn't the title changed like 10 pages ago?

He has been a Raider for like 1 day now

how's he done? he threw for 26 TDs and almost 4000 yards last year.

Did you by any chance watch his last game last season? Where with a playoff berth on the line and seconds to go he unraveled under no pressure and missed a wide open receiver about 10 yards away in the EZ to send his team home for the postseason... And he never took responsibility for his own shortcomings preferring to allow the media to point fingers in any other direction. He basically took his ball and went home and said trade me to a better situation for me or I'll retire. You couldn't pay me enough to trade for that guy. He can't handle adversity because he lacks mental toughness and won't ever be accountable. Teamates will ultimately follow his lead and where he will lead them to is the road to maddeningly unfulfilled potential... He's not unique in that though, there are unfortunately lots of guys like him in this league. Fortunately for us because of Bill they don't get to play for us very often or if so for very long...

Palmer had a severe knee in the playoffs against Pittsburgh.

Doctor: Palmer knee injury 'potentially career-ending' - NFL - ESPN

His play upon his return was drastically poorer the next season and he never seemed to recover his velocity or accuracy to previous pre-injury levels.

The Raiders are rolling dice here...but the die look like they're loaded against...that's a pretty steep price for a player that has gotten zero interest since Cincy shelved him.

Palmer had a severe knee in the playoffs against Pittsburgh. Doctor: Palmer knee injury 'potentially career-ending' - NFL - ESPN His play upon his return was drastically poorer the next season and he never seemed to recover his velocity or accuracy to previous pre-injury levels. The Raiders are rolling dice here...but the die look like they're loaded against...that's a pretty steep price for a player that has gotten zero interest since Cincy shelved him.

The loss of velocity and accuracy that initially stemmed from the effects of the knee injury (both physically and psychologically) were exacerbated by the Tommy John injury he suffered in 2008 that cost him half a season and which he chose not to have surgically repaired opting instead to rehab it...not to mention a cascading number of minor injuries.

Now he will have to deal with the effect of having in his own words almost come to terms with his football career being over by his own design and being thrust back out there 10 months removed from an NFL field.

His career smacks of the one year wonder track record he amassed at USC, where he was pedestrian at best before Chow took over from Hue...And later replaced in the record books by the incomparable Matt Leinart. He's been in decline since 2005 which was his third NFL season and second as a starter and essentially his breakout season in the pros. Adreneline may elevate him initially if he doesn't get killed early in the process. But once it wears off I'd expect the decline to just meander on...

97 career starts...154 TD's...100 INT's...42 Fumbles (8 recovered so 134 turnovers)...160 Sacks...

Last edited:
I can't recall when the last time was that Mike Brown and the Bengals made this good of a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back