PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raheem Brock Has "Great" Workout With Patriots [update: signs with Seattle]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Raheem Brock Has "Great" Workout With Patriots

I don't think anyone would be him being upset about being enthused about his workout. The part about 'decisions, decisions' sounds like an offer was made? That part they might not like.

He is the best of the FA/trade options, for the right price.

Brock may have thought he had a Great work out but his opinion doesn't count, BB's does.

Last edited:

Do you all really think BB is going to deny this guy just because he tweeted something if BB really believes he can help this team win? I know we all believe we have the best coach and, yes, he does have high standards, but c'mon . . . it's really not that serious.

DUI is troubling, but it's 1.

Together with walking out on a bar tab, it does make him sound like a belligerent drunk, but $27 at about 5 P.M.?

Looked til I found something. sounds like he was stuck with a nasty companion and was a victim of circumstance, like you've got to leave, but come back situation.

A female server at the Copacabana told NFL.com that it was the behavior of a woman accompanying Brock that led the defensive end to leave without paying his bill.

"It wasn't even (Brock) that was the issue," the server said. "It was the female he was with, getting angry and wanting to leave.

"The female was mad (because) she wanted something that wasn't on the menu. So she went across the street and got something from another restaurant."

When a manager told her she couldn't bring food from another restaurant inside the Copacabana, the woman became further enraged and Brock and his friends were ultimately asked to leave.

"She got a little colorful and a little angry with me," the server said. "I told my manager that she refuses to wrap it up and refuses to (stop) eating."

Charming! She sounds like a keeper.

As for the bill, Brock and Miss Congeniality eventually agreed to leave the restaurant, but they did so before paying a $27 bar tab. That's when the restaurant called the police. Brock was arrested outside for theft of services and resisting arrest.

NFL.com makes no mention of the woman being arrested or charged with anything, and isn't that just the way things always seem to go?

Raheem Brock skips out on $27 bar tab, arrested - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Brock re-signs with Seattle

Reiss just tweeted about this.

I still think we're a DE/OLB short. I hope Roth or Ellis is in our plans.

Re: Brock re-signs with Seattle

Not sure if there is a big difference between Roth/Brock and what we have already. Ellis is a small step up. Osi would obviously be a significant upgrade, at least for 1-2 years.

I think he would have been a good fit, the field is really starting to thin and the Patriots biggest issue last year is still a question mark.

Reiss just tweeted about this.

I still think we're a DE/OLB short. I hope Roth or Ellis is in our plans.

We're both a DE and OLB short I think.

The 4-3 DE is priority 1, and we could do with some experienced 4-3 OLB help too.

I think he would have been a good fit, the field is really starting to thin and the Patriots biggest issue last year is still a question mark.

I think you have to look at the defense as a whole...
With 92 and 75 commanding double teams it will allow the rest of our D to have 1 on 1 blocking which should mean a result at least better than last year's.

I too think we could use more competition at DE/OLB. That being said the issue from last year should be considerably alleviated with AH. Alleviated does not mean solved.

Who knows maybe cunningham or moore, or carter, or somebody else will rise from nothingness to be this year's woodhead, or arrington, or vrabel. We're usually good for one unknown guy to step up and contribute nicely.

The addition of Haynesworth (provided that it pans out) should go a long way towards helping us with our QB pressure woes. The addition of another known commodity towards that end would be double plus good. I am hoping for another defensive acquisition.

This is becoming one big joke. We work someone out, and they sign elsewhere. Why do we even bother ? Why the hell would someone rather sign with Seattle than New England. Obviously thes guys are just using the Pats as leverage. And since it's and obvious need, why haven't we signed Roth or Ellis. Seems like they are wasting the Pat's time, and the Pats are losing time getting someone to sign.

This is becoming one big joke. We work someone out, and they sign elsewhere. Why do we even bother ? Why the hell would someone rather sign with Seattle than New England. Obviously thes guys are just using the Pats as leverage. And since it's and obvious need, why haven't we signed Roth or Ellis. Seems like they are wasting the Pat's time, and the Pats are losing time getting someone to sign.

Or, BB didn't like enough of what he saw. Hmmmmmm, I'm going with Bill.

Well Roth is getting more interest now, so that means he'll sign elsewhere.

Or, BB didn't like enough of what he saw. Hmmmmmm, I'm going with Bill.

This. Getting the feeling that Roth, Brock, Harris were more "name" than anything. Either that or NE felt they could only offer low money...

Patriots will be just fine with or without any additions. With Brady and Bellichick, anything is possible.

well would hope we would sign roth, because still feel this team needs a pass rushing de....

This. Getting the feeling that Roth, Brock, Harris were more "name" than anything. Either that or NE felt they could only offer low money...

Money or Bill liked what he had better. There still are more cuts to come by other teams (Oakland is way over the cap).

So much for my Eagles prediction.

Wrong bird (eagles and seahawks).

It's called a job interview.

Last edited:

Sounds like an awesome work out, what did he do walk from MA to WAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back