Welcome to PatsFans.com

Racism (Against Whitey & Gays)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

Back to the "N" word, would any of you fine upstanding "Friends Of The Minority Club" call this "Racism".

This was posted on another thread and not one of the "double standard" hand wringing liberals made a comment on it.

Is it any wonder that some people are completely turned off and disgusted with the hypocrisy of the "Racial Situation" in this country.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...391/1033/ENT01

Black Comedian Wayans And The Word That Drives White Liberals Nuts "N". Wayans says,
    "I'll be damned if the white man uses that word last," Wayans said, then he went on to use the word 15 more times during a 20-minute routine that suggested Richards apologize personally to O.J. Simpson -- "If I Killed Michael Richards, This Is How I Did It" -- envisioned Jesus Christ as ethnic stereotypes, cracked offensive jokes about gays in church, lambasted the Iraq war as another fight by whites against dark-skinned people and mocked white celebrities adopting black children. If they really want to help, he said, "give the ... father some money" to improve the family's life.

LOL,
    That last line must of really cracked up the audiance (give the father that knocked up the women some money to improve the family's life) :singing: :singing:
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

No good answer for this one Harry Boy, have to admire your singular focus though, but am aware of a trend amongst some black actors and musicians to work on eradicating this word from the music and entertainment genre.

But on the other hand this is all the entertainment industry, and IMO all of them from Mel Gibson to Britney Spears to Snoop Dogg get way too much press and too much credibility, the reality is in day to day world and in the world of work there is much more temperance and sensitivity. I worked in the public sector that was about 75% minority, and very seldom heard this word used against each other..
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I never found that kind of humor funny, but obviously some people do. People apparently find Wayans funny. Richards' rant on the other hand did not come across as funny even to those who enjoy edgy comedy. As the video footage shows, many people walked out of his performance while his rant was going on. Richards himself did not make the case that his rant was nothing more than a failed attempt at being funny.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +523 / 6 / -2

On print, Wayans words look way over the top to me. Obviously I don't kow what context they were said in, but visually, they are awful.

That last line is priceless. Whitey should subsidize homie don't play that's life. Too funny.

PS - I find the "N" word to be repulsive. I get upset when my friends use it (and most do). Whether its a joke, a rant, or them being stupid, they know I don't like it. I think the word is demeaning. I'm perplexed that african americans would use the word so freely. Growing up in Chelsea, all my friends would always be like "what up N$#@$". Whether they were white, black, or latino it didn't matter. I always found that messed up. Especially when my white friends would say it to my black friends. It just seemed so wierd.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

As you know, I am of another era, I stopped using that word back in the Seventies, during the thirties forties and fifties it was part of America's vocabulary, little old ladies and priests used it, the "Numbers Game" that you played with the "corner bookie" was called "The Nig-er Pool" the blacks I hung around with called it that, their Parents called it that, the Balcony in the theatre was called "Ni-ger Heaven" the blacks I hung around with called it that, todays liberals accuse us of Racism, maybe so but it wasn't racist to us, we wer'nt aware of racism until we were told about it, the Chinese Laundry was always called "The Chinks", the guy that came to the door every Saturady to collect two dollars for the Icebox we bought on time was called "The Jew", the Italian Fruit Peddler with the horse and wagon was called "The Guinea" I was called a drunken "Mick", we had a guy that died from Consumption (TB) his nickname was "Hocka Lunga" thats all I ever knew him as when I refer to him today with old friends I still call him "Hocka" now I am talking "street kids" I have no idea how the kids over in Brookline or The Hamptons talked but that was the language used by all in my neighborhood adults and young people.

Now, you know what I think, the "N" word has all but dissapeared in Whiteys everyday talk but I think the Racist Wayans, the Racist Rap Crappers, Harry Belafonte (he uses it daily) Eddie Murphy etc these Racist Bastards want to keep it alive so they will have something to B!tch about.

Forgive Us Lord For We Knew Not What We Were Saying