Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rachael Ray is a terrorist!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jmt57, May 27, 2008.

1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -3

Due to pressure from Fox News' Nichelle Malkin and others, Dunkin Donuts has pulled an ad featuring spokesperson Rachel Ray due to an offensive scarf.

Here's the story.

Does Dunkin’ Donuts really think its customers could mistake Rachael Ray for a terrorist sympathizer? The Canton-based company has abruptly canceled an ad in which the domestic diva wears a scarf that looks like a keffiyeh, a traditional headdress worn by Arab men.

Some observers, including ultra-conservative Fox News commentator Michelle Malkin, were so incensed by the ad that there was even talk of a Dunkin’ Donuts boycott.

‘‘The keffiyeh, for the clueless, is the traditional scarf of Arab men that has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad,’’ Malkin yowls in her syndicated column.

‘‘Popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos, the apparel has been mainstreamed by both ignorant and not-so-ignorant fashion designers, celebrities, and left-wing icons.’’

The company at first pooh-poohed the complaints, claiming the black-and-white wrap was not a keffiyeh. But the right-wing drumbeat on the blogosphere continued and by yesterday, Dunkin’ Donuts decided it’d be easier just to yank the ad.

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

From Michelle's blog:
    It doesn't sound like Malkin was getting nearly as worked up as that article you posted suggested, but even at this...how frickin dumb can you get? I actually like Malkin...but this is beyond silly.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Freedom Fries........

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 7 / -2

Anything, and I mean anything, that get's that flat chested, fat little porker, off my TV, is a blessing! My goodness is that woman one of the most annoying little pizzants on TV. Her voice, and absolutely awful commercials, are unbearable. :D

5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Welcome to the united states of america.

Our country is over.

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What do you care anyway? You don't vote because South Park told you not to.

7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

words cannot express how stupid this story is. A Keffiyeh is not a "terrorist" head scarf. It's a Palestinian headscarf. People who think there's no difference there should be forced to listen to John Ashcroft's rendition of "Let the Eagle Soar" for the rest of their natural lives.

I don't give a flying **** about Rachel Ray (whoever that is, I seriously don't even know), but the notion that the commercial should be pulled because she wears something that almost looks like something that ignorant Americans associate with terrorism truly makes me think that "Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever."

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

Rachel...baby got BACK!

Before she was friggin everywhere, back when she just had one show on Food and one or two cookbooks, I liked her. Now...she becomes more annoying by the hour. OTOH she got drunk at a party and called Oprah a stuck up *****...so that's bonus points.

9. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 15 / -9

Sweet !

Oprah what comes around goes around..... If your hero Obama get elected
    president, your in trouble

Obama's first task as commander and chief is to raid your snickers
    stash and feed the less fortunate.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

Only on this board does the absurdity of banning Rachel Rae because of a head scarf, degenerate to her ass and then a bashing of Oprah.. unf...ingbelievable.. and quite a stretch.

11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

As well as being a insesitive goodless p***k that giggles at Jesus jerk off jokes, your also an anti-semite. Congrats on that. Classy guy you are. Ever the tolorant lefty I see. :rolleyes:

12. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My vain hope is that Malkin was being satyrical, mocking the ultra-sensitive society we live in, where stupid words are blown out of context and minutae are scruntinized while the big problems are ignored.

Sadly, I'm sure she was being serious.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +821 / 2 / -9

God Damn America

Doughnuts Bastards

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

Do not understand how that comment is viewed as anti semitic, and do not understand what a "goodless p****ck is??

15. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

The "goodless" comment come from HERE. _ A totally tasteless and inappropriate comment that, when looked at in the context of the thread, doesn't even fit. A crude shock value post. Even for those not particularly religious, it offensive. I'm not overly fond of certain religions myself, but you won't find me making overly crude comment about the divine spirits they worship either. It's some thing I'd expect to here from a child, but then again, I pretty much did.

As for the other comment. Perhaps its not anti-Semitic per-say, but equally tasteless and crude to say something like "Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever." It's something a 8th grader might says and shows NO CLASS, considering the fact that it's referencing a crusade to bring about the systematic destruction of an entire race of people. To make light of the fact that he "underachieved" despite wipping 5.5 million people from the planet is somewhat demeaning to the memory of said people, doncha think?

I call general douche-baggary when I see it, and this is it. It should be self-evident. Your smarter than that GJ, I know that.

For the record; I think the whole thing is stupid myself. Who really cares about this stuff. Plus, Rachel has just a bit to much "junk in the trunk" for my liking.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

.....dumbest thread of the week (so far).....

17. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Agreed............... but wait, does the week start on Sunday, or Monday for "DTotW awards". Cuz if it's monday, we still have a crapload of time. :rocker:

18. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Um, WOW. :eek: Is that picture real?

19. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

wildo is always sucking off the palestinian terrorists. no surprise over the anti-semite comments.

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +526 / 14 / -28

Now there is an inappropriate comment.. looks like a rule violation to me.. lock it up time..