Rabih Abdullah arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
NFL | Police and courts: R. Abdullah
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 05:48:16 -0700

Florida Today's Tampa Bay's 10 is reporting former NFL RB Rabih Abdullah was arrested Sunday evening, June 4, on DUI charges. Police arrested him as he appeared to be driving erratically on a Tampa street. He failed a field sobriety test. A search of his 2004 BMW revealed a loaded .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun, a set of brass knuckles, and a small amount of marijuana. He refused a breathalyzer exam at the police station. He was charged with DUI, carrying a concealed firearm, and possession of marijuana.

Ouch, sucks to be him.

huskeralk said:
NFL | Police and courts: R. Abdullah
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 05:48:16 -0700

Florida Today's Tampa Bay's 10 is reporting former NFL RB Rabih Abdullah was arrested Sunday evening, June 4, on DUI charges. Police arrested him as he appeared to be driving erratically on a Tampa street. He failed a field sobriety test. A search of his 2004 BMW revealed a loaded .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun, a set of brass knuckles, and a small amount of marijuana. He refused a breathalyzer exam at the police station. He was charged with DUI, carrying a concealed firearm, and possession of marijuana.

Ouch, sucks to be him.

I was just thinking about him the other day after watching my SB video and seeing a #27 that wasn't Ellis Hobbs. Sucks to hear that he went from being a pretty good ST contributor on a SB team to being a gun toting drug smoking thug in a years time. Sucks.

I am continually amazed by these guys with all this money, who can't just take a second to call a cab (or a LIMO, which they can absolutely afford) instead of putting themselves in these positions to fail. Unbelievable.

why do these things always happen in FL?

it happens everywhere..players are normal people..just the media puts it out and gets people saying "OMG HE DID WHAT.."

WhiZa said:
why do these things always happen in FL?

I thought the same thing. It happens in FLA way more than anywhere else.

Am I right in remembering Rabih Abdullah for a TREMENDOUS block against the Colts, taking the rusher (possibly Freeney) completely out of the game and springing our RB (possibly Faulk) for a long gain to the right side?

The sort of play that makes you love the Patriots and etches "In BB I trust" on your heart. I remember it particularly because the announcers had no idea who it was made the block!

I'm sorry that Rabih has gone a little off the rails, but I don't suppose he's a rich guy in the way that some of the more prominent NFL sinners are, Patsox -- no one gave him a Pacman Jones/Sean Taylor-size signing bonus.

And why Florida? Well, isn't it simply that a lot of NFL players -- even those who aren't from Florida originally (Ty Law) -- choose to have their off-season home there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes