PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SERIOUS NEWS: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident

Wow. That is just horrible.

Just heard that the woman who was with Marquis said that Marquis helped here to safety and saved her life...Heroic indeed - God we hope hes ok too.

Come on Marq.....

Prayers are with you

This may be older than the newsreport previous alluded to, but below indicates that it is no longer a search but a recovery effort..

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/05/coast_guard_search_continues_f.html

Authorities have turned their search from rescue to recovery for former LSU football standout Marquise Hill, now a defensive end for the New England Patriots, who went missing Sunday night after falling off a jet ski in Lake Pontchartrain.

Lt. Steve McManus of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries said officials decided to focus on recovering Hill's body after witnesses saw him go under the water without resurfacing. Authorities are trying to determine with the help of family members Hill's exact location at the time he and a woman fell from the craft, McManus said.

I'll be praying for him too.

The most horrible of news is coming in... it is now a "Search and Recovery" and no longer a "Search and Rescue" :(

Not that it has anything to do with this but in Northern NE where I go to ski, 80% of the people on the slopes wear helmets.

I grew up and now reside in Crystal Beach, smack dab in the middle of cottage country in Fort Erie. I can say, with pretty good accuracy, that that vast majority of l waterskiers and jetskiers wear PFD's, or at least have on them those pull device floatation gizmos. The fines are very stiff in these parts if one is caught without one.

Now the boaters they are a different story. Hardly ever wear them but must have them in the boat. Heck, my dogs even have life jackets when they ride in our boats.

If this incident ends up costing Hill his life it is very senseless.

This is a tragedy. Awful news.

The most horrible of news is coming in... it is now a "Search and Recovery" and no longer a "Search and Rescue" :(
Maybe that is just built in pessimism...I am sure there are some cases of things happening FOR the better...but I agree it doesn't sound good...We can only be optimistic..until we know for sure

I am just sick about this news. I heard it on talk radio and hoped I was just hearing things wrong. Of course, coming here has removed all doubt.:(

Re: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident in Lake Pontchartrain

damn..this is a huge lake too

250px-Lake_Pontchartrain_Causeway.JPG

HOLY ****. Common baby, you can find your self out of this. He is a professional athlete after all.

my thoughts and prayers are with you guys and the hill family, i hope he's ok, i haven't perused the rest of this thread to know if there was any updated info posted.

Very sad, actully made me cry. My sympathies go out to him and his family.

Im glad Patriots.com seem to care about him.....*sarcasm*

It doesn't sound good but so far there's still hope.
Horrible,horrible news-thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Team Statement (per Reiss):

The New England Patriots are deeply concerned to learn about the missing status of New Orleans native Marquise Hill, who was reportedly last seen after suffering an accident while jet skiing on Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana. The U.S. Coast Guard is leading the search and rescue mission and will provide any updates on his status.

“We are all shocked,” said Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft after learning of the reports of Marquise’s accident. “We can only hope and pray that the search and rescue is successful. Our thoughts and prayers are with Marquise and his family. We know that Marquise is a strong young man and will remain optimistic while continuing to pray for his rescue.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/05/pats_statement_1.html

this is terrible
im still holding out hope

if he doesnt make it, very very sad indeed
prayers going out to him making it right now

I have to get off the computer for a while. Hopefully when I come back later today he is practicing with the team:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back