PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SERIOUS NEWS: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident

just amazing that such a smart and good guy could do something so dumb as to not wear a lifejacket

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, you could excuse someone for not wearing a jacket during the day but at night and with another person's life in your hands?

I don't want to say this but he's been missing since last night and hasn't been seen since? That lake is mostly all open so if he was still floating on the top they'd likely be able to see him. I'm hoping for the best, but we all need to start expecting the worst at this point.

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, you could excuse someone for not wearing a jacket during the day but at night and with another person's life in your hands?

i don't even buy that....i used to be a lifeguard at a camp on a lake and there are a ton of things that can happen that could leave you unconscious. If that happens it doesn't matter how good of a swimmer you are

Oh my god. Waking up to this sucks. I'll be going to church in a half hour and I'll be praying that the man gets rescued. Terrible to hear this.

just amazing that such a smart and good guy could do something so dumb as to not wear a lifejacket

For the folks I know who grew up in that part of the world, being out on Lake Pontchartrain is a daily way of life. They live on the water, everybody rides jet skis from an early age. It's like skiing in Northern New England -- how many helmets do you see out on the slopes?

But yes, tt's a sobering reminder...do wear your helmets, do wear your life jackets. And keep Hill and his family in your prayers.

Oh my God. What a horrible thing.
I hope they find him. At this point it don't look too good.

Hoping for a happy ending....

Re: Marquise Hill missing after jetski accident in Lake Pontchartrain

His agent said he's actually a pretty strong swimmer, but Lake Pontchartrain can be rough at times.
if he can swim hes still got a chance .its not over yet .i shouldn't be alive a show on the discovery channel documents and re enacts amazing true stories of survival .its unbelievable what people can do to survive .its not time to throw in the towel yet .

For the folks I know who grew up in that part of the world, being out on Lake Pontchartrain is a daily way of life. They live on the water, everybody rides jet skis from an early age. It's like skiing in Northern New England -- how many helmets do you see out on the slopes?

But yes, tt's a sobering reminder...do wear your helmets, do wear your life jackets. And keep Hill and his family in your prayers.

Terrible news and certainly does not look like this will end well.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

God speed, Marquise. Our thoughts are with you.

Not that it has anything to do with this but in Northern NE where I go to ski, 80% of the people on the slopes wear helmets.

Last edited:

Marquise I hope you are well.

Here's the latest from the WWL-TV website. I know the area where Marquise was jet-skiing very well, an I just don't remember the currents being very strong in that area. But it's been quite a while since lived there. Still holding out hope though.

Hope he's ok.

I think all prayers go to him and a safe outcome....the must hear more...

i just went over to the Saints board. some guy is saying his fishing friend called him up and said a man was found with his superbowl ring. didnt say dead or alive but again..its not really a credible source quiet yet. i hope everything is okay. come on MH. Give us a sign

i just went over to the Saints board. some guy is saying his fishing friend called him up and said a man was found with his superbowl ring. didnt say dead or alive but again..its not really a credible source quiet yet. i hope everything is okay. come on MH. Give us a sign

Actually Remix, he reported that his buddy is with the wildlife a & fisheries department and that they found "the body".

I am trying to contact the poster now for verification. We are very serious at our website when it comes anybody posting bogus news.

Holy Crap, does not look good, prayers go out to his family.

Actually Remix, he reported that his buddy is with the wildlife a & fisheries department and that they found "the body".

I am trying to contact the poster now for verification. We are very serious at our website when it comes anybody posting bogus news.

thanks. i just hope everything is okay. cant deal with another player going down this year..this would make 3. lets just keep it at 2. Come on lord.

Wow. just finding the body, if true, is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back