PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quote of this past week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From Bruce at BSM: http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2008/09/tony-miserable-massarotti-in-top-form

We knew that Tony Massarotti hates the Patriots and their fans, and he has continued his slanted coverage of them in his new role at the Boston Globe.

While his Red Sox coverage is generally shiny and positive, his Patriots postings consist of things like Tony’s Top 5 most disturbing statistics about the Patriots.

His first statistic is an old standby.
With Tom Brady as his starter, Bill Belichick has a career record of 87-24. Without Brady, Belichick is 43-58. As Bill Parcells might say, you are what you are. As Belichick might say, it is what it is.

How come no one says: “With David Ortiz on his roster, Terry Francona has a career record of 468-338. Without Ortiz, Francona is 285-363. As Bill Parcells might say, you are what you are. As Belichick might say, it is what it is.”

How about: “With Kevin Garnett on his roster, Doc Rivers has a career record of 66-16. Without Garnett, Rivers is 273-312. As Bill Parcells might say, you are what you are. As Belichick might say, it is what it is.”

No, you don’t hear either of those. It’s only Belichick that this stuff gets applied to.

I prefer to turn it around and say Belichick’s career record without stiffs like Bernie Kosar and Drew Bledsoe is 105-46.

Funny spin, I like it and it's true

Isn't the Parcells quote, "You are what your record says you are?"

I don't get Massarotti's point or Borge's point for that matter-whosever it is. What was Vince Lombardi's record w/out Bart Starr? How about Landry's w/out Stauchbach? How about Noll's w/out Bradshaw? With the exception of Gibbs every great coach is tied with a great QB, they go hand in hand so what's the point?

I don't get Massarotti's point or Borge's point for that matter-whosever it is. What was Vince Lombardi's record w/out Bart Starr? How about Landry's w/out Stauchbach? How about Noll's w/out Bradshaw? With the exception of Gibbs every great coach is tied with a great QB, they go hand in hand so what's the point?
point is these media guys call bb a genius and then try to find reasons he isnt as if it was BB who called himself a genius.

I don't get Massarotti's point or Borge's point for that matter-whosever it is. What was Vince Lombardi's record w/out Bart Starr?

42-39

How about Landry's w/out Stauchbach?

165-133

How about Noll's w/out Bradshaw?

235-142

With the exception of Gibbs every great coach is tied with a great QB, they go hand in hand so what's the point?

actually with the expectation Lombardi, your argument makes no sense.

FYI: Guess not many are aware of Mr. Massarotti's rants against the Pats fans - in his earlier stint at BH - when the Pats fans pointed out (not that diplomatically I imagine :D) many inaccuracies and absence of logic in one of his many anti Pats article last year.

I don't care what those BG's anti-Pats trinity - him + Mr. Ryan + Mr. Shanugessy (sorry, I butchered his name but I don't have the patience to look it up, especially since he has no patience to check if his rambles against BB/Pats makes any sense) - have to say about my team. :mad:

Last edited:
How come no one says this?

Because Terry Francona is never considered one of the greatest baseball coaches of all-time and to this day some people would still consider Doc Rivers an average coach at best.

Belichick is regarded as the best coach in football right now and one of the best of all-time so of course he will be more highly scrutinized.

42-39

165-133

235-142

actually with the expectation Lombardi, your argument makes no sense.

This one would make sense as well: I believe Bill Walsh's record with out Joe Montana was 22-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down