PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quiz Question for San Diego fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, it's Friday evening (or afternoon on the left coast) and we've all said just about everything that can be said about Sunday's game, twice. So, here's a quiz question to distract you.

Who is Gerald Courtney?

(Don't bother answering if you google the answer, as even a Colts' fan could get the answer that way.)

OK, it's Friday evening (or afternoon on the left coast) and we've all said just about everything that can be said about Sunday's game, twice. So, here's a quiz question to distract you.

Who is Gerald Courtney?

(Don't bother answering if you google the answer, as even a Colts' fan could get the answer that way.)

In that same vein, I'm wondering how Jack Murphy earned the right to have his name attached to the stadium? I know he was a sportswriter but I'm trying to envision a Boston sportswriter having a stadium after them.....
Ron Borges Park.......Dan Shaughnessy Stadium.........
Yup, right around the time h*ll freezes over.

In that same vein, I'm wondering how Jack Murphy earned the right to have his name attached to the stadium? I know he was a sportswriter but I'm trying to envision a Boston sportswriter having a stadium after them.....
Ron Borges Park.......Dan Shaughnessy Stadium.........
Yup, right around the time h*ll freezes over.

He was instrumental in bringing the Chargers down from LA to SD and getting a new (at the time) stadium built. I'm not old enough to have read his articles but virtually every older sports fan in SD is very respectful of him and feels like our current sportswriters are a bunch of tools in comparison. Jack Murphy actually had influence and an opinion that mattered unlike the idiots we have at the SDUT now.

Last edited:

Who is Gerald Courtney?

I guess the Chargers' fans either don't know the history of their team or were too busy celebrating their win yesterday and this morning (oops--they didnt' win? impossible to imagine!) to answer the question. So, Gerald Courtney is the name of the guy from Hollywood who won a trip to Mexico for winning a "name the team" contest when Hilton was forming the franchise in Los Angeles at the birth of the AFL. He's the person who came up with the name, the "Chargers."

And, to get something off my chest...there is only one "LT"...he has two SuperBowl rings...Tomlinson is great but he has to get his own nickname...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back