PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quite an honor! Pats, Kraft honor Tunescribe and other fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will back to football repeat @ Home games?

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I do know Tunescribe is going to be on the field for this tonight, maybe he will find out. :rocker:

Re: Quite an honor!

Can you rush the passer??????

Congrats, man, I hope you had a blast!

I'm not normally one to toot my own horn, but thought I should share this with the board: Back when the lockout was lifted the Krafts sent an e-mail to season ticket holders thanking us for our patience, etc. I sent an e-mail back (below) thanking them in turn for their hard work on the CBA and for running the classiest organization in sports.Well, today I got a call from the Patriots saying they want to honor me along with other fans at Thursday night's game! They're giving me a jersey and I get to be on the field when the team comes out. I'm humbled and excited! I'll try to bring some photos back from the experience to share with everyone.

Dear Robert and Jonathan,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your hard work on the CBA, and thanks for the special extras (ticket holder lanyard and pin) in the season ticket package. These are great keepsakes! Thank you for maintaining the classiest organization in the NFL. And please accept my heartfelt condolences regarding your recent loss. God bless.

Kind regards, John C.
(Sec. 227, season ticket holder since 1994)

So............ How was it? What happened?

He's probably still awe shocked and he has not been able to blink his eyes, move his hands, or say a word since 6:30 last night.

Last edited:

I'm not normally one to toot my own horn, but thought I should share this with the board: Back when the lockout was lifted the Krafts sent an e-mail to season ticket holders thanking us for our patience, etc. I sent an e-mail back (below) thanking them in turn for their hard work on the CBA and for running the classiest organization in sports.Well, today I got a call from the Patriots saying they want to honor me along with other fans at Thursday night's game! They're giving me a jersey and I get to be on the field when the team comes out. I'm humbled and excited! I'll try to bring some photos back from the experience to share with everyone.

Dear Robert and Jonathan,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your hard work on the CBA, and thanks for the special extras (ticket holder lanyard and pin) in the season ticket package. These are great keepsakes! Thank you for maintaining the classiest organization in the NFL. And please accept my heartfelt condolences regarding your recent loss. God bless.

Kind regards, John C.
(Sec. 227, season ticket holder since 1994)
Very nice Tune, very nice, congradulations. I trust you had a good time.

A group of us were given red jerseys and lined up according to number. Bob Kraft strolled up and shook everyone's hand. Then we ran through the inflated-helmet tunnel to the Pats' sideline, where we lined up again. Each jersey was autographed; I had No. 86 (rookie tight end Carson Butler -- I tried to swap with the guy ahead of me who had Ocho's 85, but he understandably declined). The Pats came out (the official team introduction) and walked along the line giving us high-fives, shaking hands, etc. It was kind of surreal. I high-fived Ivan Fears, Pepper Johnson, and a bunch of players including Welker and Brady. Tom was pretty nice. He seemed into it walking over and saying, "Hey guys -- how are ya?" BB walked by and I said "Hey, coach!" He had his game face on; didn't come over to us or say much, just mumbled a "hi there" and kept going. We moved to the north end zone where we lined up again for the national anthem and watched the flyover. Then we left the field.

The crazy part for me was before all the above happened. I was one of three people chosen for the fan field-goal kick from 20 yards out. No warning, just "You -- come with us, this is for another promotion." Running through my mind were the hundreds of times I've sat in the stands laughing at people making fools of themselves trying to kick the ball through the uprights off a tee. So it was me, a woman and an older guy. We were on the jumbotron, cameras going off, etc. I volunteered to go first because nobody else did. The really stupid part of this for me is that I HAVE booted field goals off a tee just screwin' around -- about 35 years ago. I knew what to do kicking straight-on conventional style, which is keep your head down, hit the ball low and follow through. All I had to do was get under the ball and get it airborne. So, I proceeded to knock a line-drive that hit the padded support stanchion dead-center, about 3 feet off the ground. And of course, the P.A. announcer always chimes in with a clever remark. On my attempt he said, "I don't know what you'd call that!"

That's karma coming back to bite me for laughing at others' kicking follies. (I will note that neither of the other two got their kicks airborne.) But I've been trying to soothe my still-stinging humiliation by telling myself I would have made it given just ONE practice kick! The promotion is sponsored by Ocean Spray, which makes a $500 donation to charity for each successful kick.

I'll try to post some photos when my buddy sends them over.

That is just awesome all around.. congrats!

Thanks to you for being so loyal and to the Pats organization for rewarding it!

Oh man, sounds like so much fun! Except the kicking part.....yikes, mortifying!

Sounds like that was a once in a lifetime experience, congrats!!!

Based on your kicking story, expect the Jets to offer you a contract soon...:D

Cool. Do you know if you were on TV? Several of the fans were.

Gee, and i always thought you were a young whipper snapper. :D

Don't let the receding hairline fool you. :singing:

WOW! Congratulations! That must have been the greatest moment of your life! :)

Great pics, Tune.

Re your kicking, I have a 2 word recommendation: Soccer style. :)

If I remember correctly, John Smith of the infamous Snowplow game was a soccer style kicker.

I guess it could work to kick it that way :confused2:

Anyways, congrats Tunescribe for getting to experience a Patriots game closer than most of us ever will :rocker:

Don't let the receding hairline fool you. :singing:
I didn't notice any receding hairline until you mentioned it. I thought it was just hat hair. :singing:

The crazy part for me was before all the above happened. I was one of three people chosen for the fan field-goal kick from 20 yards out. No warning, just "You -- come with us, this is for another promotion."

Ha, that explains a few things. I knew you were one of the fans chosen but, didn't know you were one of the 3 who kicked. I was 9 rows of the sideline right in front of where you kicked. We wondered why the older guy was wearing sandles. But since he didn't know he was going to be kicking a football it makes sense. It seemed from my persepective you all needed to get more of a running start but it's easy to be a Monday morning kicker ;). Had I known it was you I would have video recorded it on my iPhone for you. I did get this shot

Glad you had a good time. And I ook forward to any more photos you have.

Ha, that explains a few things. I knew you were one of the fans chosen but, didn't know you were one of the 3 who kicked. I was 9 rows of the sideline right in front of where you kicked. We wondered why the older guy was wearing sandles. But since he didn't know he was going to be kicking a football it makes sense. It seemed from my persepective you all needed to get more of a running start but it's easy to be a Monday morning kicker ;). Had I known it was you I would have video recorded it on my iPhone for you. I did get this shot

Glad you had a good time. And I ook forward to any more photos you have.

Thanks for the photo. I'll tell you what, missing that kick still bothers me, because I've made them from further out. But like I said, that was 30-plus years ago. I just didn't hit the ball low enough. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes