Welcome to PatsFans.com

Quite A Crowd For Beck

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 28, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

With that line of reasoning, Billy Carter would have been a great president, Patrick Kennedy should be a presidential candidate, Roger Clinton went through a rough patch... lineage does not have a lot to do with political credibility....

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +366 / 9 / -13

Your calling Dr King an alcoholic?

Really?

Is she a drunk/druggie like Billy C and Kennedy?

Are you a racist?

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

The same people that put King's Niece Down are the same people that put Bill Cosby down.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I dunno about Daryl but after reading this post and attempting to figure out the context, I'm wondering about you and booze.

Well, actually I'm not.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +366 / 9 / -13

The OP was comparing Dr KIng to a couple of people with substance abuse problems. I wonder why he choose to do that? Does he presume that Black people all have substance abuse problems?

If I knew you would be reading the thread I would have dumbed it down for you.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Speaking of dumbing down....

Statement A was this:
    Originally Posted by patsfan13
    Dr King's niece was warmly received by the people you smear as bigots when she spoke to the Tea Partiers yesterday, she felt her uncle would have been at the rally yesterday.

Which plainly stated that Dr. King's niece was warmly recieved by the people and that she was related to a famous person - which made herself and her words valid.

Statement B was this:

Originally posted by DarrylS

With that line of reasoning, Billy Carter would have been a great president, Patrick Kennedy should be a presidential candidate, Roger Clinton went through a rough patch... lineage does not have a lot to do with political credibility....

Plainly stating that if the only criteria was "being warmly received" and related to someone famous that Billy, Patrick and Roger, all of whom were, at various times, warmly received by the public and also related to famous people, would also be regarded as valid spokespeople.

No where was alcoholism, drug addiction, substance abuse or race mentioned.

Why would you even make that jump, 13? Not one of those things was mentioned in your original post or in the post responding. It was a non-issue according to both posts which only mentioned blood ties and crowd reception.

Darryl chose to respond to you with your own criteria (to dumb down one more time in case it escapes someone) which was BLOOD RELATION and CROWD RECEPTION.

You, on the other hand, chose to respond to him with race and substance abuse.

Why is that?

Plus, I'll ask you one more time - since MLK's niece thought he would be at her rally, and MLK's son thought he'd be at his rally, which rally do YOU think he'd have been at? According to your line of reasoning, blood and reception trumps all - isn't his son (who got eveyr bit as warm a reception) a bit closer related by blood lines that his niece is? Wouldn't that make his thoughts more valid than her's?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +366 / 9 / -13

All 3 of the people had substance abuse problems which affected their public credibility. He was discounting Dr King's credibility.

IOW he while acknowledging that the crowd had a warm receiption for Dr King (belying the charge of racism in the Beck/TeaPArty crowd) he attacked her credibility, by equating her with a collection of drug abusers related to dfamous figures.

Pretty clear to most, perhaps not to libs.

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

If, by Dr. King, you mean the niece Dr. King, (because, after all, MLK's credibility is not in question - he's unable to comment on the current state of the world) you are aware that her credibility has been in question for years, aren't you? Ever since she publicly condemned Coretta as "not knowing what Dr. King really thought since she was not blood related to him."

The fact that none of the other members of MLK's family agree with her on anything and she's been estranged from the rest of the family for years ought to be a tip-off as to her credibility, not as a person in her own right, but as a spokesperson for what MLK would want, say or do.

Pretty clear to most, perhaps not to conservatives.

9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +366 / 9 / -13

So what do YOU know of the dynamics of the King family to comment?

Nothing I am guessing, just being a windbag.

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Whatever it is, based upon general knowledge and a willingness to actual research, read and comprehend, I'd guess it would be a whole lot more than you do.

It's common knowledge that she's estranged from them, 13, look it up.

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

:nono::nono::nono: Your suppose to be a moderator :rofl: and not insult fellow posters

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

So What, familes squabble and fight all the time.

She knows Coretta King a lot better than the picture the public has been given by the slobbering media, doesn't she?

Who gives a sh!t?

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Apparently you guys do or what difference would her appearance at Beck's rally make to you?

You were the ones who brought it up, after all. You should know if anyone gives a sh!t or not.

I just figure, since you guys brought it up, that in my own family I think I know my dead father whom I lived with knows him a bit better than my sister's kid who didn't grow up with him, didn't live in his house and probably had about 1/10th the contact with him that I did.

But that's just me - if you don't know your dead father's mindset better than your brother's kid does so be it.

For that matter, she and Coretta disagreed publicly a bunch of times. I suppose that she also knew MLK better than his wife did - even though his wife lived with him for years as an adult who worked side-by-side with him on all issues and she (the niece) was pretty young when he died.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

You were speaking to being the relative of a pol as "poof" instant credibility, it just ain't so... there used to be a poster here who claimed the George would be a great president, because his father was a former president..

It is not about substance abuse, but about your contention that she has credibility, as she is the neice of...

My great, great, great, great Grandfather was John Parker, who led the charge at Lexington.. ergo I have instant credibility..

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +510 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You are aware that she's an African American, aren't you? Just as much so as any other King family member too.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

Glenn Beck doesn't need MLK's niece, but he probably appreciates her having the courage to "speak up" and risk all the abuse she will get from the Loon Sloberering Do-Gooders, I also think she must know a lot more about Coretta King than Katie Curic does, but again, who cares Beck will get the crowds with her or without her, Jesus Saves.

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

My God!! You're kidding, right? Now how in the heck was I supposed to know that? Do you think that's common knowledge? Were you even supposed to tell anyone??? Stop the presses!!

A relative of a black man is gasp a black person!!! Who'd-a thought?

All kidding aside, PR, does that fact that she's African American make her any more or less credible as a spokesperson in your book?

Apparently it has something to do with it or why even mention it at all?

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Oh I know......look at all those people who've called in death threats and shot out her office windows, spit at her, screamed obscenities at her, and made threatening, obscene, racial, sexual telephone calls to her family and herself.

It's all over the news, you can't miss it. She's being harrassed almost to death, I tell ya.

Oh wait ----- no, it isn't. I got confused with the health care vote.

What's been done, Harry, and it's not the first time it's been reported, is that the media has reported a long standing estrangement between her and the King family.

She "speaks up" every chance she gets. She regularily makes the circuit of any pro-life, pro-religion, anti-gay event she can get herself invited to.

No one cares. Like anything else, if they agree with her, they speak of her courage, if they disagree with her, they dismiss her as another religious fanatic.

No biggie - people like her are available at a dime a dozen on both sides of the fence.

19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

87k people (250k at MLKs speech)

not the 300-500k they were expecting.

MLK is rolling over in his grave. A white televangilist claiming to REclaim his civil rights. Mrs PF is correct in saying that the member of the King family who spoke at Beck's rally is estranged. Not shocking at all.

EVERY SINGLE thing that this rally was supposed to 'restore' is already contained in the amendments to the constitution. look it up. You guys are crying over things that are already in place. Whiny little babies...

Beck was wearing a Bullet-proof vest during this event, what a joke.

Symbol of Fear: Glenn Beck Wore a Bulletproof Vest At Rally

20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

“America today begins to turn back to God. For too long, this country has wandered in darkness.”

For too long?

Is he talking about the Bush Years?

The Clinton years?

Or teh 12 years before of Bush and Reagan?

Too long.....hmmmm....?

NOt sure if this guy has read teh 1st ammendment or not, but this country was pretty much founded on the fact that you can worship any God you'd like....or NO GOD...its your choice.

its only the very 1st amendment, so I'll forgive this a$$ho!e if he missed it.

(pssst...BUy gold! Goldline International - Buy Gold Coins - Largest U.S. Gold Dealers )