Quinn dumps on Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So I guess Brady Quinn will be available if anyone wants him:

Brady Quinn Blasts Tim Tebow for Praying 'In Front of the Camera' Instead of With Teammates - NFL - NESN.com

Broncos (for now) quarterback Brady Quinn has a couple zingers. Like this one: “If you look at it as a whole, there’s a lot of things that just don’t seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I’ll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?”

Amusing stuff. Only down side will be lame headline writers who'll put "Brady blasts Tebow." Count on it happening. Always weird how Quinn was referred to so often as "Brady."

Anyway, here's a pic of Pats fans joining Tebow in prayer before their playoff game last year.

uncle-rico-albums-tebowing-tebow-picture1131-tebowedweb.jpg

Quinn is an impending UFA, Denver wasn't going to bring him back. Of course he issued a retraction a little while ago saying it was out of context.... yeah likely story. He's just upset he got bypassed on the depth chart.

The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos. Tim deserves alot of credit for our success and I'm happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate. That interview was conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our Team's or Tim's success this season.

Last edited:
Quinn is an impending UFA, Denver wasn't going to bring him back. Of course he issued a retraction a little while ago saying it was out of context.... yeah likely story. He's just upset he got bypassed on the depth chart.

Linkopotamus.

And we wonder why certain members of the Patriots organization decline interviews, or just give all-glowing, generic responses.

Even if Quinn's words were taken out of context, he should have known better. He should just be thankful that the article wasn't published three months ago when the interview took place, because it would have drawn far greater scrutiny.

This type of lapse of judgement doesn't help a person who plays quarterback, where everything is about judgement and making the right choices as well as being a leader - and that's before considering that his NFL career is already teetering on the edge of obscurity and being finished.

I've always had the opinion that Tebow knows how people view him and he plays into it when the cameras are around.

This was confirmed to me when Andre Carter got hurt against Denver, and Tebow, knowing the game is nationally televised, went over to Carter and put his hand on his head.

It's BS. It's the only time all year he did that. And the only game the Broncos had nationally televised I believe. You think in those other games, no one got hurt? NOPE. To me, that's not a coincidence, but Tebow playing into the camera.

He seems like a very good person, but he needs to give it a rest. He should do these things because they're the right thing to do, not because all eyes are on him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey