PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quiet day so let's look at our 2008 #1 draft choice - SF style!! [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeat after me...Who gives a crap what happened in 2006?
It's still the best predictor of approximate team quality.

You mean to tell me if you suck on some stat in the previous year you are guaranteed to suck again?

with some good players like Clements and Jackson added to the team along with another year of players like Davis,no way are they stepping backwards
Clements, I'll grant you. Jackson - he's no better than Antonio Bryant who they lost. We'll see how Davis does, he's played half a year, he may be an exception but most TE take a couple of years to really develop.

Didn't the Patriots suck in 2000? - Somebody now tell me they didn't improve in 2001,
Yep. A team or two takes a monster jump every year. It might be the 49ers but it probably won't be.

You are making a ridiculous argument solely based on previous WORTHLESS stats and homerism
Actually, games are won by points. So Point Differential isn't worthless. Also Football Outsiders ranked them 4th last and they're as number based with opinion stripped out as you can get.

And believe me,I HATE the Niners but don't think they are going backwards.
There's a pretty good chance their record goes backwards even if they get better. They played like a 4 or 5 win team last year. 6 or 7 would be pretty good for them. Two of their wins last year were against the teams with the top two picks in the draft. Two more against Seattle with all their injury situations. The 49ers were lucky to get 7 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back