PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

quick question on the upcoming Dillon and Maroney relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0ad05

Rookie
Reaction score
Is anyone the least bit scared like myself of what may happen this year. I just remember right before Dillon was traded out of Cincy he caused alot of drama with his team mates because Rudi was getting the workload.

I really like Dillon and he has changed in my eyes but i really hope his darkside doesn't come out with this kid maroney because we STILL need Dillon.

Who will get most of the carries? Dillon? Maroney? Split Time?

Last edited:
Ugh, Dillons starting, he's training hard I believe he will prove he has a few more years left in him. Expect a good year for Dillon. He's being respected by Bellichick, and you can expect his team mates and Brady to still have faith in him.

Hopefully Dillon at the point in his career where he knows having somebody to split carries with can only help keep him fresh and a more effective runner.

Last edited:
I got a feeling that Dillon will be okay with splitting time as long as we're winning :)

s0ad05 said:
Is anyone the least bit scared like myself of what may happen this year. I just remember right before Dillon was traded out of Cincy he caused alot of drama with his team mates because Rudi was getting the workload.

I really like Dillon and he has changed in my eyes but i really hope his darkside doesn't come out with this kid maroney because we STILL need Dillon.

Who will get most of the carries? Dillon? Maroney? Split Time?

To tell you the truth, I am concerned the competition at RB may cause too much animosity between the participants.
Hopefully Cory will just take Laurance under his wing and help him to develop into a good/great RB.
I'm sure Cory will appreciate the breaks this kid will provide. It seems that Dillon gets a little gassed after a good run. He does knock a lot of bodies around when he does so it's understandable.

Maroney will probably take over as the third down back, and mabe give Dillon a break when he is tired or hurt. But other than that i think the show is Dillon's. He will have a very good year, better than 2004, cause he will be more fresh with maroney able to help him out a little.

Kdo5 said:
Ugh, Dillons starting, he's training hard I believe he will prove he has a few more years left in him. Expect a good year for Dillon. He's being respected by Bellichick, and you can expect his team mates and Brady to still have faith in him.

damned straight

please keep all unnecessary drama confined to the Red Sox forums

:bricks:

I love Dillon, but he knows he can't be the feature back too much longer. His role is to take him under his wing. I think they will be a great 1 2 punch with corey getting the bulk of the carries and iceing the games.

According to Miguel's cap notes, Dillon is due a $3 million roster bonus and $2.5 million salary in 2007. If LM comes in and starts to take carries away from Dillon, the writing will be on the wall that his 2007 pay day may just not be. I just can't see Dillon embracing LM too warmly. Job insecurity and looming paycuts tend to bring out the worst in human nature. So goes the NFL. Hopefully CD will defend his turf by coming into camp in great shape with something to prove.

Let's not borrow trouble! I've never heard word one that Dillon has had any problems working with Faulk, Pass or any other RB prospects since he's been here. Why think he may with Maroney? On the other hand, there's been on display for all to see, a great deal of respect between Dillon and the Pats and that IMO is all important to Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes