PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quick question on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Why was his passer rating lower than Manning's in 04 when he had more TDs, less INTs, a higher completion percent, and more yards?

Why was his passer rating lower than Manning's in 04 when he had more TDs, less INTs, a higher completion percent, and more yards?

Had alot to do with yards per attempt. He had like 81 more attempts than Manning.

You know one thing I think we did forget is that in beating Peyton Mannings TD record, Manning only played in 15 games in 2004. Believe me, I'm happier than anyone that goober no longer has that record, but I had to look it up today.

BradyisGod. Payton manning played in 16 games that season, I know because he is second to Farve in consecutive starts. He may not have played much but he played.

BradyisGod. Payton manning played in 16 games that season, I know because he is second to Farve in consecutive starts. He may not have played much but he played.

He started and they went 3 and out. Then set the bench for the rest of the game.

Even so it's balanced out, possibly sliding much in favor of Brady, by the fact that he played something like one outdoor game after Halloween. He had no games impacted by weather, whereas Brady had several.

While not related directly, I'll bet that this Patriot offense doesn't score 3 pts in a playoff game like that Colt offense. ;)

So you're saying that extra yard per attempt has THAT much influence over the rating?! Wow.

good question....but thats why ppl dont usually care about the rating ohh so much...

Also percentage of attempt which are touchdowns affect the rating so since Brady had a lot more attempts and only 1 more TD, his rating percentage is lower.

Also remember that the historical QB ratings of indoor games are much higher so if you were to adjust based on this (kind of like how Baseball Prospectus does to adjust pitchers ERA based on the ballpark) Brady would be higher.

good question....but thats why ppl dont usually care about the rating ohh so much...

I don't know what 'ppl' stands for but the only thing anyone should care about is W-L.

Even so it's balanced out, possibly sliding much in favor of Brady, by the fact that he played something like one outdoor game after Halloween. He had no games impacted by weather, whereas Brady had several.

While not related directly, I'll bet that this Patriot offense doesn't score 3 pts in a playoff game like that Colt offense. ;)

Im not trying to diminish what Tom did this year it was fantastic. He's got the record and earned it. I think Peyton's 04 year was great also, Im not going to diminish either one. Both wear seasons for the record book.

The 3 factors that determine the passer rating are yards per attempt, TD's per attempt, and INT's per attempt.

Manning beat him out on two of those categories. Of all the QB's to throw for over 40 TD's though, Brady is the only one to play his home games outdoors in a cold weather climate. Marino played in Miami and Warner & Manning both played in domes.

It makes a big difference. Consider the fact that before the weather turned, Brady's rating was around 139.

Putting Brady in a dome would be like putting Babe Ruth or a juiced up Barry Bonds in Coors field.

The 3 factors that determine the passer rating are yards per attempt, TD's per attempt, and INT's per attempt.

Manning beat him out on two of those categories. Of all the QB's to throw for over 40 TD's though, Brady is the only one to play his home games outdoors in a cold weather climate. Marino played in Miami and Warner & Manning both played in domes.

It makes a big difference. Consider the fact that before the weather turned, Brady's rating was around 139.

Putting Brady in a dome would be like putting Babe Ruth or a juiced up Barry Bonds in Coors field.

Also note Brady had a better TD/INT differential (+42) than anyone in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down