PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quick Question (Adalius Thomas)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though AT got a bit of bad rap here. He had a solid season in 2007, and was on his way to a great season in 2008 when he broke his arm. Last season was as bad as everyone has said, but I have to wonder where the disconnect occurred.

Was it something to do with the coaching, or did he just lose that mental edge. You know at that level, even when a talented player loses that "mental edge", he can quickly become quite ordinary.

Maybe that is what everyone sees when they watch tape of him from last year.

I'll agree with that.

The problem wasn't him, really. the problem was we took a veteran on the tail end of his career and instead of expecting one or two good years and drafting some young players while we still had our real vets like Vrabel and Bruschi to mentor them, we let our real vets deteriorate, drafted new players too late and expected an over 30 mercenary to be a star and carry our whole line backing corps until we drafted some replacements.

He was what he was, and a Patriots veteran in his prime years ready to carry the load he wasn't.

For instance, I'll bet a lot of this attitude stemmed from AD being told that rookie Mayo was the leader of the defense.

The Patriots own this one. they make less mistakes than most, but this one was a doozy.

At least we have some young talent now.

I'll agree with that.

The problem wasn't him, really. the problem was we took a veteran on the tail end of his career and instead of expecting one or two good years and drafting some young players while we still had our real vets like Vrabel and Bruschi to mentor them, we let our real vets deteriorate, drafted new players too late and expected an over 30 mercenary to be a star and carry our whole line backing corps until we drafted some replacements.

He was what he was, and a Patriots veteran in his prime years ready to carry the load he wasn't.

For instance, I'll bet a lot of this attitude stemmed from AD being told that rookie Mayo was the leader of the defense.

The Patriots own this one. they make less mistakes than most, but this one was a doozy.

At least we have some young talent now.

Kinda funny but I think it speaks volumes of this front office and team that some of their bigger mistakes of the decade have been guys like Thomas, Maroney, Watson, and other guys who still contributed just not to full expectations. I know there plenty of all out fails like Starks and the like but no real true epic fails like Gameday Simms.

I think you guys are reading too much into it. If I had to bet, he didn't get the money he wanted. I'm sure teams tried to sign him to a short money deal, but it was AD who rejected the offers.

He very well might've priced himself out.
That was my first thought as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes