Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have a few threads about this already but I'm really interested in seeing what people's reaction will be to the possible outcomes of this mess and the other threads are filled with junior detectives and internet lawyers.

I'm mostly interested in knowing what people think the possible outcomes will be and what their personal feelings towards Hernandez will be based on their predicted outcome. Because I think no matter what the team does there will be some debate about what the right choice is given any number of outcomes.

I think he probably will be convicted of obstruction of justice for what he did or allowed to be done to his phone and survallence video. Would i take him back...yeah i'd give him a second chance.

He may be done for the year. Dude made some really dumb choices.

No idea where it goes from here.

Looks to have made some real bad choices though.
I fear the worst.

I will never again root for the guy if he's convicted of any involvement in this, even if "just" obstruction

He's going to jail, getting cut and likely suspended indefinitely.

Ideally, I hope that it's all a big misunderstanding.

Let's face it, though: It's not a big misunderstanding. At bare minimum, he's been destroying evidence in a murder investigation. Unless it comes out that his apparent involvement was all just a series of crazy coincidences, I hope I never see him in a Pats uniform again.

Anyway, I voted for "jail time and cut."

Can we start a poll asking which PatsFans.com members wear their Pats' jammies 24/7?
From my mountain top, it looks like the Dennard apologists are gathering for another go round of "ignore the obvious." At least they haven't started the "blame the heavy handed police" chant yet.

The choice of him going to jail and the team keeping him is just dumb.

If he goes to jail he's done in NE Period!

Here's my premature ejaculation of opinion. It has 180ed since I 1st heard about this and thought as a Pats fan there must be a relatively innocent explanation. I currently say he likely does time and is cut with morals clause invoked to recover remaining bonus money and cap relief.

If he is shown to be involved, even as a passive observer, a lifetime ban from the NFL* would be appropriate.

All subject to revision as we separate media falsehoods from actuality, if we ever do.

* Or a sentence as a Jet player assuming it does not violate the cruel and unusual punishment prohibition.

I don't live on a mountain top like some know-it-alls or Moses so I'll just wait for Ron Borges to tell me what somebody else wrote.

We'll never know the complete truth. But it might make a nice double feature with the documentary on TWA Flight 800.

I cant understand the people who are like "gee, maybe it'll be ok and he can still play TE for us this year" Look, i love the Patriots, but just from what we already know this guy is a scumbag and i dont want to root for him. Id cut his ass.

Here's my premature ejaculation of opinion. It has 180ed since I 1st heard about this and thought as a Pats fan there must be a relatively innocent explanation. I currently say he likely does time and is cut with morals clause invoked to recover remaining bonus money and cap relief.

If he is shown to be involved, even as a passive observer, a lifetime ban from the NFL* would be appropriate.

All subject to revision as we separate media falsehoods from actuality, if we ever do.

* Or a sentence as a Jet player assuming it does not violate the cruel and unusual punishment prohibition.

Pretty much how i see it. I will wait for the facts to come to light but although i have given him the benefit of the doubt to this point the latest information about damaging his surveillance equipment makes it really seem like he is trying to cover up involvement and I would be surprised if he weren't ultimately convicted of Obstruction of Justice at a minimum. If that happens I expect the Patriots to release him. He would catch on elsewhere but whomever chooses to take the risks that go with his kind of stupidity is welcome to him. If his involvement goes beyond Obstruction of Justice then he is most likely going to see significant jail time and his career in the NFL is probably over, because the next step up from there will tie him up for years to come.

If the Patriots do recover his signing bonus they should donate it to the victims family.

He may be done for the year. Dude made some really dumb choices.

Drunken driving or getting into a brawl at a strip club are "dumb choices," involvement in or covering up a murder belong in the "evil motherf.cker" category, and if he's guilty of any involvement or covering up the crime i don't want him on the Patriots.

I'm absolutely disgusted by these people who want to see Hernandez cut...we don't get any players/draft picks if we cut him, we should trade him:D

Can we start a poll asking which PatsFans.com members wear their Pats' jammies 24/7?
From my mountain top, it looks like the Dennard apologists are gathering for another go round of "ignore the obvious."

Quick question - what are the facts that are being ignored.

Please note, reports from sources are not facts. I'm not giving Ahern the benefit of the doubt, I don't trust the media because they don't exist to inform they exist to make a profit.

Personally, I think if most of this stuff we've read is true he ends up pleading guilty to obstruction, gets a deal and I am really not sure what the team will do, primarily because I think the "Patriot Way" is a fable and all the team cares about is winning.

I just think blindly trusting these reports is ignoring history which is littered with examples of innocent people whose lives were ruined by media and public opinion.

Just disagree in that I think the Pats WILL MOST DEFINITELY cut him

Very well said; pretty much my opinion as well. If Hernandez is found guilty, then I hope that the team cuts him. I'm no Ravens fan; would have no interest in rooting for him if it turns out that any of these charges are true.

If the team cuts him, will it be able to get reimbursement on some of the $40 mil contract that he recently signed (similar to Michael Vik)?

regardless of the outcome, I want him gone......and I want every attempt made to recoup the signing bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back