PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions for the start of training camp and the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well after 6 months of moping anger and boredom, it begins on Thurs.. Training camp, not as big as the first game, but close enough.. With that being said here some hot topics and questions to ponder...

1 Will Junior Seau be back?? Not on Thurs I dont think, he does not need the 2 a day's , quite possibly by the third preseason game

2 Is Wr a concern?? Moss and Welker we know what we have and Gaffney is a solid 3 , but can Chad Jackson and or Kelly Washington step up..

3 Is Tommase still on the Herald beat- No one really cares, but was at mini camp, but has been quiet on posts and blogs

Some thoughts I know question 3 is assinine and no one cares, but if we dont hear spygate, matt walsh, or camera gate this season, we are off to a great start..

1 Will Junior Seau be back?? Not on Thurs I dont think, he does not need the 2 a day's , quite possibly by the third preseason game

Not if the LBs stay healthy. AD becoming the focal point and difference-maker. Bruschi and Vrabel being the savvy coaches on the field. Hobson being the reclamation project that thrives with a new role in a winning environment. Mayo and Crable injecting youth, speed and energy. Woods, Alexander, Ruud, Redd and Guyton (not all make the cut) getting the bulk of the special teams work and getting some situational snaps. Sounds like a good mix to me.

2 Is Wr a concern?? Moss and Welker we know what we have and Gaffney is a solid 3 , but can Chad Jackson and or Kelly Washington step up..

I understand your question, but I would phrase it another way:
Assuming healthy players, Brady has an array of receiving weapons unmatched in the NFL. Emphasis on the "array". The real question is how will the offense use these weapons. Will the offense look similar to last year, with a lot of downfield looks and attacking style (CJack taking Stallworth's spot)? Or will we see more of a true spread style that uses all areas of the field? If the latter is the case, can DThomas, CJack and Maroney turn in big plays (think short pass and huge YAC) when the defense focuses on Moss and Welker?

3 Is Tommase still on the Herald beat- No one really cares, but was at mini camp, but has been quiet on posts and blogs

Who? ;)

While Seau at this point in his career doesn't need the TC as much as others but his mentality would make one think he would be there for the first practice. Example: He was the first player on the field before the first TC practice last year, he likes to be the Vet who works hard and who does everything, no short cuts for him.

The only way I don't see him on the field is if he decides to hang them up or if he starts out on the pup list.

I am expecting him to return, I just don't see how he can leave on that sour of a note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back