PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions for the Jets game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are talking!!! I'm sick of hearing about Rodney out and Seymour out we have a game in a week and lets talk about that! Another ? is is Randy Moss going to play?

I think Wilson will play.
Warren will play.
Samuel will play.

They will all play have no doubt in that. and guys dont be so worry about moss, that he has not been in TC etc. the guys a prfesional, hes gonna be just fine. dont expect though for him and brady to hook up right away on the field though give that a couple weeks, maybe by week 4-5

Were any of Wright, Warren and Gaffney at practice leading up to the Gints game? I recall Gaffeny was but not sure of the other two. Otherwise it's really impossible to know except who practices this week. Is the next practice Monday?

Gaffney is not good enough to start.

WTF?............Gaffney is the #2 receiver on this team

opposite Moss/Stallworth and cap-wise,he's an incredible bargain to boot.

What have you been smokin'?

WTF?............Gaffney is the #2 receiver on this team

opposite Moss/Stallworth and cap-wise,he's an incredible bargain to boot.

What have you been smokin'?

At best IMO jabar, is our 4th WR.. in back of Moss, Stallworth, and the slot reciever, welker

Finally some Jets talk! I think all the guys you listed will play, but Moss will not. How do you think we are gonna do? I saw the Jets 2nd preseason game (I was in FL and it was all that was available) and Pennington looked awful, just awful. 2 INTs returned for TDs by the Vikings and his coach chewing him out on the sidelines several times. I didn't see them again, but from what I've read Pennington had a terrible preseason with Kellen Clemons breathing down his neck.

Some questions about the Jets:

Is Thomas Jones still injured?

How are they going to shore up their O-line? (During the game I watched the commentator's blamed Pete Kendall's banishment to back-up center on their bad play and said it would be fixed when he was returned to his guard position - instead he was traded to the Redskins)

Are they really going to start their tardy-to-camp rookie at corner against us?

Thomas Jones is going to practice on Monday, so he will definately be starting vs. NE

O-Line is very weak. D'Brickashaw Ferguson is looking like he could be a bust and we are starting a 6th round pick at left guard. Watch BB to attack the left side of the line all day.

And yes, Revis will start. He is probably our best corner, he has LOTS of talent.

Jets fan here saying Pats 27 (if not more) - Jets 20...just being honest of what I think will happen

Obviously, I will be very disappointed if the jets score 20, but I expect the patriots will score at least 27.

Howwever, I would not be surprised if we allowed 20, with one DB starter out and two questionable.

What the hell is going on here? Gaffney starting over Stallworth? People here actually think Gaffney is better than Stallworth?

Last edited:
What the hell is going on here? Gaffney starting over Stallworth? People here actually think Gaffney is better than Stallworth?

Now thats just crazy if anybody really thinks that!! lol

Thomas Jones is going to practice on Monday, so he will definately be starting vs. NE

O-Line is very weak. D'Brickashaw Ferguson is looking like he could be a bust and we are starting a 6th round pick at left guard. Watch BB to attack the left side of the line all day.

And yes, Revis will start. He is probably our best corner, he has LOTS of talent.

Jets fan here saying Pats 27 (if not more) - Jets 20...just being honest of what I think will happen

Did Pennington look any better in week 3 of the preseason?

???
Gaffney took all season to pick up the offense. I agree that he had two great playoff games. As far as starting, we knew we had Gaffney, Jackson, Caldwell and Childress (with Brown as an emergency #5). How satisfied were we?

Well, we then went out and secured our #1 through #4 receivers.

We shall find out.

That does not mean that Gaffney sucks.

If you are correct it shows how little thought was put into the offense last year.

Jackson didn't show up last year, I mean he was hurt. Branch really didn't show up. We brought in Gabriel (I forgot him in the other post) and then Gaffney. It's not that the front office didn't try to develop a decent pass offense. The fact is that they just didn't. Our best receivers were Watson and Caldwell. Gaffney was a factor in two playoff games. It WAS pretty sad.

That does not mean that Gaffney sucks.

If you are correct it shows how little thought was put into the offense last year.

Jackson didn't show up last year, I mean he was hurt. Branch really didn't show up. We brought in Gabriel (I forgot him in the other post) and then Gaffney. It's not that the front office didn't try to develop a decent pass offense. The fact is that they just didn't. Our best receivers were Watson and Caldwell. Gaffney was a factor in two playoff games. It WAS pretty sad.

Like I said, Belichick was under the impression that Brady could do it all by himself last year.

No,we're saying that with either Moss or Stallworth
in the game,Gaffney is the 2nd best receiver on the field.

This might be news to you,but in the Patriots scheme,it's not advantageous to play Moss and Stallworth together.

It's better with Moss/Stallworth paired with Gaffney/Watson and Welker.

THAT'S the Patriot Way.

If you wish Brady/Watson on the other side, that's fine, but not Gaffney.

This might be news to you,but in the Patriots scheme,it's not advantageous to play Moss and Stallworth together.

THAT'S the Patriot Way.

THAT'S the Patriot Way.

Oh so it's not advantageous to play your two best WRs together. I see.

I'm still skeptical of Stallworth, he had one good season but he's never fully realized his potential.
Gaffney has reached his potential, and it isn't a third of Stallworth's not-yet-reached-his-potential. Stallworth's one good season is one more than Gaffney has.

Yep, that IS news to me. Both run nice slant routes, and both can crank it deep. Why would you not want Moss and Stallworth on the field together. It would be like the COlts not putting Harrison and Wayne on the field together, or Lynn-Stallworth, etc

Yep, that IS news to me. Both run nice slant routes, and both can crank it deep. Why would you not want Moss and Stallworth on the field together. It would be like the COlts not putting Harrison and Wayne on the field together, or Lynn-Stallworth, etc

Apparently having two of the fastest WRs to come into the league in the last 10 years isn't advantageous to an offense. And why would we want to make it easier for Maroney to run the ball? That's just crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back