PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions for Jags Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, just hoping you guys could speak about your team a little bit. What you guys do well, what you guys could do better. Who are your real studs and why, that sort of thing...

Thanks in advance and my best wishes for a good game.

I'll try to provide a short overview:

1. Team

As you know, the Jags run the ball well. This is keyed by a large OL and primarily carried out by Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. Greg Jones (FB) is also one heck of a blocker. The Jags also stop the run well. This is somewhat surprising due to the number of injuries we have suffered - especially important losses are Marcus Stroud and Mike Peterson. Stroud is on IR. Peterson may be back this Saturday, but I would be surprised if he is sharp - he has missed 8 or 9 games with a severly broken hand.

Our passing game lacks a real game breaking WR. We had two who we thought might provide that, but they are among the 12 Jaguars on IR. The remaining WRs are big, but not terribly fast and are usually more effecitive on the intermediate routes. David Garrard has been a pleasant surprise as QB. We hope he got over his playoff jitters against the Steelers.

Our pass defense is spotty. It is either feast (numerous interceptions) or famine (blown coverage or tackle). In some games it seems to be both, witness Saturday's game. Great in the first half, gone in the second. The same can be said of pressuring the QB, but it has gotten better as the season progressed.

Other than the Texans game, special teams have been good. By the way, even the starting special team players were rested in that game.

2. Studs

Apparently we have none. There were no Jaguars selected to the Pro Bowl. The Pats, Chargers, and the Colts seem to have all of those.

Last edited:
Oh jeez are we going to have to deal with Jaguars trolls all week now? (Not saying you're one, just... you know, we've heard it before. "First loss blah blah blah"......"Where did they all go?")

You won't get any trolling from me. I think the Pats have a terrific team. I was just trying to respond to what appeared to be a sincere inquiry for thoughts from a Jaguar fan.

Last edited:
Oh jeez are we going to have to deal with Jaguars trolls all week now? (Not saying you're one, just... you know, we've heard it before. "First loss blah blah blah"......"Where did they all go?")

sigh...and you wonder why they get started...

Thank you rwbinjax for your perspective. Be it sarcastic or not, we Patriots fans know you have plenty of studs, just ask Rodney Harrison about Drew-Jones whom he compared to Barry Sanders. Jax will have an uphill battle with all of their injuries however I feel with the physical football game you tend to bring anything can happen. If I can say one thing, I believe the biggest difference in this case might be coaching. When I watched Del Rio vs. Tomlin in the Divisional game I could not help but notice how many mistakes each Head Coach was making. Sometimes one executive decision can be the difference. Please stick around all week to provide insight, since we have not played you this year, Jax is a team I know little about.

Last edited:
I was just kidding. It's a little upsetting that the Jags fans on this board are so polite and respectful. It gives me a bad feeling...

Come on, someone tell us they're going to beat the Pats by 20, or that their linebackers are old and slow!

Actually, we consider both Fred Taylor and MJD to be studs. We believe Garrard has that potential, just not there yet.

Also, look out for John Henderson if he is able to play. He's iffy with a hamstring.

I was just kidding. It's a little upsetting that the Jags fans on this board are so polite and respectful. It gives me a bad feeling...

Come on, someone tell us they're going to beat the Pats by 20, or that their linebackers are old and slow!

Your linebackers are old and slow...But that doesnt stop Brady Moss and more likely Welker torching our secondary

The Jags plan to attack brady until he's out of the game, then go after the WR's :p
brady.gif

The Jags plan to attack brady until he's out of the game, then go after the WR's :p
brady.gif

Thanks for the inside info on Jags' plans. FYI, Pats usually take out Brady by mid 4th quarter and WRs are taken out at the same time. So if they want to go after the WRs after Brady is taken out it would be considered a sideline brawl. :D

sigh...and you wonder why they get started...

Thank you rwbinjax for your perspective. Be it sarcastic or not, we Patriots fans know you have plenty of studs, just ask Rodney Harrison about Drew-Jones whom he compared to Barry Sanders. Jax will have an uphill battle with all of their injuries however I feel with the physical football game you tend to bring anything can happen. If I can say one thing, I believe the biggest difference in this case might be coaching. When I watched Del Rio vs. Tomlin in the Divisional game I could not help but notice how many mistakes each Head Coach was making. Sometimes one executive decision can be the difference. Please stick around all week to provide insight, since we have not played you this year, Jax is a team I know little about.

MJD has MASSIVE thighs! He's also hard for D-lineman to find initially. I don't mean that as an insult. It's actually a real problem for defenders to find short running backs until it's often too late and he's by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes