Questions and Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Questions

1) Will the OL be much better with Brady at QB? I think so.

2) When will Light be back?

3) How many OL's will be healthy or almost healthy to start the season?

4) Will Seau be brought in to replace Hobson?

5) Who will the backup QB be?

6) Will we keep a veteran fa CB in addition to Bryant?

==================================

Observations

OFFENSE
They'll be fine when Brady comes back, as long as we have a 5 healthy linemen. Welcome back Thomas! Jackson and Washington may be one of the best #4 and #5 WR's in the league (and we have still have Slater, Ventrone, and all the RB's and TE's).

DEFENSE
They are fine now. Lynch is a fine addition, as were May and Crable. Woods has stepped up. Seymour is healthy!

RETURN TEAM
Slater is looking better and better.

RETURN COVERAGE
Something is wrong, but the kickers can kick and Washington is awesome!

Why would we keep Bryant? He's been terrible.........

only caught the 4th quarter. did Washington take any snaps on offense?

Questions

1) Will the OL be much better with Brady at QB? I think so.
Yes...amd Brady is good moving around in the pocket
2) When will Light be back?
I hope soon..but my thinking is in Game 2-3..hoping sooner
3) How many OL's will be healthy or almost healthy to start the season?
Well..Hochstein wasn't a scratch so I think he was ready...O'Callaghan and Light are the most important I hope only Neal/Ross (PUP) and maybe another are not ready Day 1.
4) Will Seau be brought in to replace Hobson?
When he is ready..don't know..hope soon...
5) Who will the backup QB be?
Not Cassel..is not working out...
LSanders...maybe..Webster might be IRed..
Interesting questions....

What I am thinking right now is.

1 Why is Cassel getting so many snaps?

Maybe I am way off base because I haven't watched any Pat preseason games, but reading the board he sounds like he is playing more then a #2 should when you consider the need to give time to the #3 and #4 QBs to see what they have.

Where is Tom Brady at health wise?

This guy will be happy to play hurt, he is a warrior, so I am not saying he will miss any games,. But then again, what if he does?

What I am thinking right now is.

1 Why is Cassel getting so many snaps?

Maybe I am way off base because I haven't watched any Pat preseason games, but reading the board he sounds like he is playing more then a #2 should when you consider the need to give time to the #3 and #4 QBs to see what they have.

Where is Tom Brady at health wise?

This guy will be happy to play hurt, he is a warrior, so I am not saying he will miss any games,. But then again, what if he does?

Cassel is getting so many snaps (or more significantly the first team snaps) because despite what some fans and media hereabouts think HE IS THE BACKUP QB... Only really f'ed up teams are still mulling those decisions in week 3 of the pre season. They know what they have in Gutierrez and O'Connell - an UDFA who is an effort guy and can make plays against other teams second and third stringers and a developmental QB who needs time to develop.

Brady is healthy enough to practice. He's just too valuable to play behind an OL in flux with two starters still MIA against teams with really good defenses and the ability to get after the QB under the best of circumstances let alone the circumstance we are dealing with. Luck of the draw has us facing 4 of those this preseason - three of whom created the 2007 blueprint for stopping this offense. Allowing them to create any more film for the rest of you to peruse heading into the 2008 season would not be in our best interest long term...

Tommy hasn't missed a regular season or post season start to date. I think he is being managed through this preseason to best insure that remains the case.

6) Why would we keep Bryant? He's been terrible.........

It's observations like this one that find so discouraging at times. Anybody with even a modicum of common sense understands they're looking at a base defense with a passive defensive backfield that's backed way off to keep the ball in front of it. Any pass rush they get comes not from any exotic scheme but from one or more of the front seven winning a direct matchup, which has been rare so far. That's a recipe for all these third down conversions we've been seeing, especially when veterans like Greise and McNabb are confronted by a base D no matter the down and distance.

You really don't know anything about Fernando Bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes