PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions about Brady from a Jets fan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I wondered why is Brady being talked about as the greatest QB to ever play this game. ALL of the QBs that Belly have had since Bledsoe went down have looked good in this system. Flutie, Cassel Brady and their rookie (granted only preseason) has looked like they can run it. It can't be they have drafted right in every case since they didn't (belly) draft Flutie. Cassel has not looked the same in KC at all. It reminds me of Marino and Scott Mitchel. This is not to take anything away from Brady as he might just be making a great system even better. You cannot just explain Cassel away on playing bad teams because he came alive against the Jets on the road. With the way Brady plays it tells me Pennington would have looked like a HOF QB in this system also.

Question about Brady - Jets Insider.com Forums

And they have Sanchez leading them:bricks:

It honestly amazes me that a collection of individuals so utterly stupid can even reason an argument let alone type it.

Last edited:
I was almost starting to feel bad for the Jets after that Ravens game. Thanks for that, I'm reminded how much I hate them now.

When was the last time they won a Super Bowl, again?

It honestly amazes me that a collection of individuals so utterly stupid can even reason an argument let alone type it.

If a million monkeys at a millions typewriters could possibly come up with "The Merchant of Venice" then it stands to reason that 100 idiots at 100 computers could come up with the drivel on the Gang Green Message Board.

If a million monkeys at a millions typewriters could possibly come up with "The Merchant of Venice" then it stands to reason that 100 idiots at 100 computers could come up with the drivel on the Gang Green Message Board.
Touché my thespian loving friend.

Shoot, for a minute there I thought I would get thru a Jest thread without seeing the word "Gay". Silly me! Makes you wonder whats the obsession they have with that....:confused2:. Not that theres anything wrong with that:nooo:

Eww. I can't believe I actually clicked on that link. After reading some of the crap that those dumb-asses posted I'm going to take a shower and will speed read "War and Peace" and hopefully gain some brain matter back.:eek:

I guess that guy didn't watch Cassel have a better year in KC last season than he did for the Pats in 2008.

The whole "Pats were 11-5 without Brady!" argument just gets dumber every year, too. The Pats went from 16-0 to 11-5 when they replaced Brady with a QB who turned out to be an above-average NFL starter. The Colts went from 10-6 to whatever the hell they'll end up by replacing Manning with one of the worst NFL starting QBs I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I posted this in the jets suck thread...can't believe someone can be that stupid

You know, I've figured out why everyone on there are total idiots. Everytime an intelligent person gets on there with rational posts that go against their totally unrational, demented way of trying to think, they get banned. I was banned long ago, THANK GOD:singing:.I'll go back and look around once in a while for comic relief.

Haven't won a Super Bowl since the Moon landings.

You know, I've figured out why everyone on there are total idiots. Everytime an intelligent person gets on there with rational posts that go against their totally unrational, demented way of trying to think, they get banned. I was banned long ago, THANK GOD:singing:.I'll go back and look around once in a while for comic relief.

Same with me. Was banned when trying to have a healthy football conversation. Then all of these "u so stuidz, f@g" showed up and i was banned for some reason.

They can't have a rational thought..it's amazing

Aside from the whole 'they won 11 games with Cassel, therefore Brady is mediocre' logic that ignores the fact that was a 5-win drop in a season with the two weakest divisions on the team's schedule, there is another thing I have asked folks like these (I didn't bother clicking the link) but have never received a response:

If it's all about the 'system' and Brady is a 'system quarterback', and anybody could succeed here, then why in the world would the Pats (a) pay Brady the amount of money they do, and (b) not trade him for players/use that money on players at other positions (such as pass rushers)?

From my experience it works out like this:
  • Somebody praises Brady: say no, it's the OL
  • Somebody praises the OL: say no, it's the defense
  • Somebody praises the defense: no, it's Belichick
  • Somebody praises Belichick: no, it's all Brady
  • Lather, rinse, repeat

I'm thinking that Brady is feeling like this about the Jets right now:

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: The Sinatra Group

Frank Sinatra: You're all talk, blondie! You want a piece of me? I'm right here!

Billy Idol: Don't provoke me, old man.

Frank Sinatra: You don't scare me. I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Aside from the whole 'they won 11 games with Cassel, therefore Brady is mediocre' logic that ignores the fact that was a 5-win drop in a season with the two weakest divisions on the team's schedule, there is another thing I have asked folks like these (I didn't bother clicking the link) but have never received a response:

On the flip side of that argument, you could make the argument that the expected number of wins for a Cassel-led Patriots team was, in the eyes of far too many people, about 5 ± 3.

Last edited:
Here's the thing:

That whole Jets mentality is the result of a single storyline that's been passed down through so many decades now that it's a part of their genetic make up. They can't help themselves, even when presented with facts and logic, because it goes against their nature.

I would pity them, but they keep breeding and prolonging the agony for the rest of the league, especially for New England.

I was banned from JI after a ***** mod kept changing my tagline ( I didn't know they had God powers)..

I got pissed after a few days of that crap and called him out on it...well, I guess telling a mod he's an ***** doesn't go over too well.....This kid thought he was pretty cool.....not all mods there are aholes or no Pat fans would be able to post there....

I should probably thank him for getting me banned....there are a few Pat fans over there that hold up the Patriot end of the anti-Pats arguments there and get the SSDD treatment...guess they have thicker skins than me ;)

It is obvious that the Patriots are not only in Rex's head, but in their fans as well..

They cannot fathom that we have probably the best qb in the league right now, and due to their level of denial have to come up with posts such as this. Cassell played well, but not at well as Brady ever did. Bledsoe played well, but not as well as Brady..

Consider the struggles of Sanchize(Broadway Mark) , Favre and Pennington. Since Namath, who was not all that great, they have been searching for a savior or at least a NY Jets System Quarterback that they can revel over.

Well, Jets fans will always have the Yankees.

Whoops, never mind.

They cannot fathom that we have probably the best qb in the league right now,

Correction. There is no probably about it, Brady "has been and is" the best in the league right now. The only time I would use "probably" is when describing Brady as "probably" the best QB to ever play the game.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes