PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions about Boston and Foxboro areas

Clive911

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new in this forum. Even though I'm not a Patriot fan (Go Colts), I'm a fan of football so I hope I can contribute in some way in the threads.

As the title says, I have a few questions about Boston and Foxboro areas. I'm coming to Boston from Montreal for 4 days. Since I'm in Boston september 3, I decided to go see the preseason game against the Giants.

I'll be staying in the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge on Memorial Bridge. Do you know any interesting activities that can be done in this area? Anyway, everything seems pretty accessible via the T.

Are there any interesting pubs/bars?

Also, I'm wondering if there is any public transportation between Boston and Gillette Stadium.

Thank you

Thanks for your answer.

I already saw those websites. I was asking for a personal opinion of things to do in Boston. When you read those type of websites, everything is beautiful and so much fun to do and see.

Also, for the public transportation, since the game will be played on thursday night, I'm wondering if there will be a specific schedule for the train. I think the one you linked is for sunday afternoon games.

Thanks

The train will still go to Foxboro on night games. It gets there about an hour before the game and departs about a half hour after the game ends. One of those links should have a number that you can call for exact times.

Everybody has different tastes, so what's interesting for me may not be for you and visa versa. I don't know what your budget is, are you travelling with your wife/girlfriend, alone, or with another guy looking for ladies, for example. Are you 22 years old, or perhaps 52? Regardless, here's some of my suggestions:

- North End: plenty of good Italian restaurants here. Prezza is very good, but also very pricey. Try one of the other restaurants here, but be sure to save room for a cannolli from Mikey's after you're done.

- Faneuil Hall: the North End is walking distance from Faneuil Hall so you can combine the two in to something to do one day. Plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. Try Durgin park for something unique, and not that pricey. If you're thinking of checking out the Cheers bar because of the TV show, be aware that it is strictly a tourist spot. The original Cheers bar is a place called the Bull and Finch Pub.

- From there head east (still walking distance) over to the New England Aquarium.

- Now that you're on the waterfront you have to have some New England seafood. Even though it has become a chain, Legal Seafoods is still very good. Pier 4, the Union Oyster House and Locke-Ober have all been around forever and are all very well known - and all very pricey. I used to really enjoy the No Name Restaurant, but somebody told me the food wasn't very good last time they went there. If nothing else, just find a seafood restaurant near you, order a bowl of chowder and a haddock dinner, and you'll be happy as a clam.

- One night head down to Chinatown. Though not as well known as its namesake in New York, the food at the restaurants in this area is actually better, in my opinion.

- It sounds touristy, but you should go ahead and do the Boston By Foot walking tour and check out the Freedom Trail.

- If you're travelling with a wife/girlfriend, head over to Newbury Street one day. Tons of unique shops, clothing stores, cafes, etc.

- Since you're in Cambridge, head over to Central Square. Check out the Cantab Lounge, the Middle East restaurant (if you like that style of food), and the Green Street Grill.

- Harvard Square in Cambridge: A lot of places to choose from; Grendel's Den, John Harvard's Brewhouse, Grafton Street Pub, and many others I can't think of right now that are worth checking out.

- Looking for a sports bar? Try Game On and the Cask'n'Flagon, both near Fenway Park.

There's a few ideas, hope that helps.

Last edited:
The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cambridge is a VERY nice hotel, I stayed there one time when I took a trip to Boston. I would suggest walking the Freedom Trail, it is very cool. It really gives you a chance to see the city from a historical standpoint. I didn't eat much while I was there. I ate at a sports bar type restaurant called the Purple Shamrock, it was wicked good and if that's something that you are in to, I would suggest it. We also ate at this Mongolian BBQ-type place called Fire+Ice in Harvard Square. That place also had great food.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back