PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions: A Day in the life of a Patriot player

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
As much as I try to keep up with everything going on with the Pats, there are some basic things I have never hear much about.

Home Games
I assume the players drive themselves to the game and have their own exclusive entry. Do they arrive so early that they have a meal together? Is there a cafeteria there? Or do they just cater food and use some large multi-purpose room?

When I went to a game years ago in the Carroll-era, we waited at an exit where plenty of players came out, signed autographs and took pictures. Do they still do that? I'm gonna be at the Miami game so if there is any autograph opportunities I'd definitely be willing to wait.

Away Games
From my experience with the Arizona game a couple of seasons ago, I believe that the hotel the team stays at is usually kept quiet but inevitably gets out (probably through player family and friends). Is there an easier way to get this info? Next season the Pats play a bunch or road games on the west coast so I'd love to book the hotel they are staying when possible.

Do they share hotel rooms? These multi-millionaires would typically be staying in upper-end suites if travelling on their own so its funny to think of them sharing standard hotel rooms though I guess that serves the purpose of bonding and keeping players out of trouble.

I believe that they also receive travel per diem (money for meals and incidental travel expenses), which again is rather comical considering their exorbitant salaries. Anyone know how much it is per day? Or how it is determined?

Equipment
Do they get new helmets and uniforms for every game? Or maybe just as needed? You see game-used equipment on eBay from time to time and I just wonder how it gets there.

Compensation
When a player is on the active squad for less than a full-season, is their contract salary prorated? Last season we had a bunch of RBs and DBs who were with the Pats for short periods. Do they get 1/16th of the salary for every game that they are active?

Anything else interesting about what players go through off the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back