Welcome to PatsFans.com

Question

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Apr 6, 2006.

?

Whose crackpot quote is it?

1. John Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Howard Dean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Anthony Zinni

100.0%
  4. Sean Penn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Which left wing looney said the following words?

“In the lead-up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw, at a minimum, true dereliction, negligence, and irresponsibility; at worst, lying, incompetence, and corruption.â€
  2. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I admit it, I googled: Gen. Tony Zinni.
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

damn you spoiler
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -6

By the way, the April 3 New Yorker had a terrific article about Sean Penn, who has been in Tehran and Iraq (and writing articles for the SF Chronicle) and who also went to New Orleans and got directly involved in rescuing people. He's a great actor, but also a reallyl amazing person.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He sometimes seems to lack a sense of humor, but I think anyone who was in Hunter S. Thompson's inner circle of friends has got to be pretty cool.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Expect the Bushies to stay away from this thread. (They hate admitting a stand up guy and career military man like Zinni would rip into the chimp and his neo-con cabal so truthfully) Notably, they also avoid any talk of Larry Wilkerson, Paul Hackett, Paul Rieckoff, and Eric Shinseki, to name a few.
  7. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm interested to read General Zinni's book. He was on the Daily show that was broadcast here today. He was a popular commander and General, he had a great grip on CENTCOM and was responsible for a lot of the success we have had in the AO. General Shinseki was also very well liked and respected until he made the crazy beret decision. He was at a Change of Command ceremony, that I was in, when General Bell took command of US Army Europe. It was a travesty that Secretary Rumsfeld, et al chased him and a bunch of other senior leaders out into retirement.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Agreed. Zinni seems like a straight shooter. The transcript of him on Meet The Press from Sunday is here.

To your other point, why do you think that Rummy's resignation was denied?? He seems to be hell bent on undermining our military.
  9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

You guys admire people like Sean Penn and Hunter S. Thompson? No wonder a sane thought never comes into your mind, HST did the world a favor, to bad many others won't follow suit.

As for AAB's statement, I really don't have to say anything about Paul Hackett I believe he found out first hand what the giant robot democrat party machine is all about.
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You should go take a flying leap. What kind of petty excuse for a person makes light of, and suggests suicide for their political enemies? You may not have liked Hunter's philosophy, but he accomplished more in any year of his life than you ever will in your entire life. Hunter had integrity, and he showed people that liberals could be tough. You, on the other hand, are just a little pissant, and you'll die a pissant with nothing to show for your worthless life.
  11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes, Paul is going to give it his all to give that lame, feminized, spineless party of jackasses a much needed reality injection. He was on Air America radio for three hours today and was absolutely AWESOME.

A good start is to boot the DINOs like Leiberman, then allow all those returning vets to fill the seats of Congress and boot the chickenhawks back to their spiderholes.
  12. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It would have been a dead giveaway. I don't think anyone other than Kerry would have known what 'dereliction' meant! Dean. . .well, I don't have words for him, but Sean Penn doesn't exactly strike me as the sharpest tack in the box.
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Hey comrade, this is an anonymous message board, so your statement is as ridiculous as your political stances.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -6

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Quit the personal attacks, or I'll close this thread. I don't care who started it.
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -9

Warning Warning Warning

Liberalism Will Not Tolerate Name Calling Unless It Is Directed Towards The President Of The Untied States Of America.

Sticks And Stones
    Will Break My Bones
    But Names Will Never Hurt Me

Liberals Are Sissy's
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now now, Harry Boy, Patters means no name-calling against each other, it's tough to have a political forum if you can't call the politicians names. My (deleted) post was out of line and Patters was right to remove it. I still stand by what I wrote, but I should have kept those thoughts to myself.
  17. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +314 / 13 / -22

#15 Jersey

And conservatives are Thugs