PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question---Training Camp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpreh

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Quick question- General idea when training camp would start? Looking to go down with my son--poor kid stuck doing cool stuff with his mom:D

Quick question- General idea when training camp would start? Looking to go down with my son--poor kid stuck doing cool stuff with his mom:D

Per the new CBA TC can't open for other than rookies and returning injured vets more than 15 days prior to the first pre season game. I can't find a schedule, it may not be set yet, but assuming we play on Saturday or Sunday the first week (August 11-12th) camp would open on July 28-29th. But that doesn't always mean every camp session is open to the public and there are new rules that limit two a days and pads and such so you have to be prepared to watch the reports for what is scheduled and flexible because Bill can change things up on a whim... I think there will be some inter team scrimmages added though to help offset the inability to push players in team practices.

As MoLewisrocks mentioned, per the current CBA each team can begin its training camp no more than fifteen day prior to their first preseason game. The Pats are scheduled to play the Saints on Thursday August 9th, so presumably training camp would commence on Wednesday July 25th.

This is the information that I was able to find regarding last year's schedule that was open to the public, to get a general idea of what the training camp schedule might look like.

• Wed July 27: Training camp opens, players report
  • Thur July 28: Practices from 9:30-11:30 and 2:30-4:30 (walkthrough; shorts/shells)
  • Fri July 29: Practices at 9:30 and 2:30 again (walkthrough; shorts/shells)
  • Sat July 30: Full pads
  • Sun July 31: Walkthrough; shorts/shells
  • Mon Aug 1: Day off
  • Tue Aug 2: 1:30-4:00 (full pads)
  • Wed Aug 3: 10:00-11:15
  • Wed Aug 3: 6:30-9:00 for season ticket holders, inside Gillette Stadium
  • Thu Aug 4: 10th practice of TC, 4:30-7:30
  • Fri Aug 5: 1:30-4:00
  • Sat Aug 6: 1:30-4:00
  • Tue Aug 9: 14th practice of TC
  • Wed Aug 10: 15th practice of TC
  • Sat Aug 13: 1:30-4:00
  • Sun Aug 14: 1:30-4:00

The final practice that was open to the public was on Sat Aug 20.

Once training camp approaches the Pats will have a Training Camp Hotline, at 508-549-0001.

There will also be updates on the training camp section of the team's website.

2012-13 Calendar: Key Dates for the Pats & the NFL

Thanks for the info-I'm on vacation that week I do hope they are in training camp that week- I've never been it would be very cool to go:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back